BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers vs Watford - Tuesday 1 October - Kick-off 19:45

Watford are very good but just imagine another win tonight, the table will look very good for us and it would be down as a great start.

I think you are right, come game-day, sometimes I sense things better and no better time or place to make a run at the playoff spots, Watford will be ready too. Draw if defence holds up.

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Just a bit of bravado DE. I wasn't too serious really, although I don't think we should be accepting that Watford are better than us.

We can only judge based on last season when they finished far above us, and this season where they have so far got off to a better start.

The great thing about football is that no matter what it says on paper, anything can happen (within reason). As long as the team give 100% tonight I'll not be too disappointed with the result, but a win would - imo - be an absolutely fantastic result.

I don't know whether this is all down to an outstanding PR job from JA or just general cluelessness (those fans sounded pretty irritating) but it seems this is the general consensus on Kean. We're never going to set the record straight, it's ingrained.

Just as Millwall will always be regarded as the club with the most violent supporters, Rovers are now notorious for being the club whose fans forced out a decent manager and got the team relegated.

I agree. Not so much now but at the time very frustrating. But if you were to ask those fans what they know about the specifics of the situation they would know precisely what the average rovers fan knows about Watford fc politics. Ie naff all.

They along with what seems like too many other fans were just spoon fed nonsense from the media (mainly sky) and took it at face value. Just like the word dignity/kean that was thrown about and repeated in parrot fashion by numbskulls who read it or heard it somewhere. However, you do come across some, I spoke to a Geordie on a train who despised kean and without knowing any of the specifics who could mercifully see through it.

As for tonight predict 1-1. With a possible exception of qpr there's really 23 crap sides in this division any of whom could beat any one else and tonight's no different in fact wouldn't be surprised if lost or won 3-0.

• Backroom

This will be an excellent barometer of what we can do this season - and the reality of how good our players are at this level. After 10 matches the gel argument should be less of an issue.

Difficult because the team has been shuffled around quite a bit so far this season. We really need a consistent line-up and approach before the boys are going to gel.

Evans and Cairney in midfield I'd say is a lock barring injuries/suspension. In the absence of Dunn and Rochina I'd play Best behind Rhodes as often as possible. King's pace is a real threat so he should stay in the side, and Lowe is kind of in the team by default.

Dann/Hanley are of course our first choice pairing at CB and Spurr should be our first choice on the left, but not sure if Kane will keep his place when Henley is fit.

Kean is obviously the only choice in goal despite being somewhat of a liability,

As long as we keep things consistent we'll pick up a run of form at some point, though tonight might be a bit soon for that.

I don't know whether this is all down to an outstanding PR job from JA or just general cluelessness (those fans sounded pretty irritating) but it seems this is the general consensus on Kean. We're never going to set the record straight, it's ingrained.

Just as Millwall will always be regarded as the club with the most violent supporters, Rovers are now notorious for being the club whose fans forced out a decent manager and got the team relegated.

Don't think that is correct, maybe a journo peddles that but who is the clown managing at the moment

Looking at Watford team this year I don't think they are as strong as last year. Losing Vydra, Chalobah who were essential to there team last year, and we seem to have forgotten we beat them at home last year as well! There away form is nothing to be afraid of, we are coming into this game with a lot of confidence, and a tough tackling midfield which should keep McGugan, Anya at bay. As far as predictions I won't give any other than so long as we don't lose it will be a good result, but a win is preferable!

''Just as Millwall will always be regarded as the club with the most violent supporters, Rovers are now notorious for being the club whose fans forced out a decent manager and got the team relegated. ''

Totally disagree.It's a few know nowts and blatant wind up merchants,the vast majority of football fans know the score with Venkys and Kean.

Archived