BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Weirdy Beardys

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally I would rather we were all secular, my departed hero Chris Hitchens was right on the money. What 'offends' me about Islam is better described by Pat Condell, who puts it better than I ever could. A sensible, calm 6 minute clip - Care to disagree with any of this >

He'd get my vote.

Now I'm sure I'll offend a few on here beginning with fervent mohammedans on here and obviously our resident Lord Haw Haw / Jim mk2 but that is bang on. Very difficult for any fair minded individual to either argue against or take exception to. People can worship flaky non existent individuals how they want if they are daft enough, they can brainwash their offspring from the cradle, slap their women around and subjugate them, make themselves as ugly as posssible and generally lead a godawful existence just so long as they keep themselves to themselves and don't interfere with anybody else and generally keep their dicks in their trousers. That isn't the case with Islam though is it?

Some other interesting clips at the end too.

He'd get my vote.

Now I'm sure I'll offend a few on here beginning with fervent mohammedans on here and obviously our resident Lord Haw Haw / Jim mk2 but that is bang on. Very difficult for any fair minded individual to either argue against or take exception to. People can worship flaky non existent individuals how they want if they are daft enough, they can brainwash their offspring from the cradle, slap their women around and subjugate them, make themselves as ugly as posssible and generally lead a godawful existence just so long as they keep themselves to themselves and don't interfere with anybody else and generally keep their dicks in their trousers. That isn't the case with Islam though is it?

Some other interesting clips at the end too.

I didn't bother watching the clip. I've seen and read enough about him in the past. The guy's a Kean.

• Backroom

I didn't bother watching the clip. I've seen and read enough about him in the past. The guy's a Kean.

He does talk some sense, however he also makes sweeping generalisations which no serious argument will allow. He complains about division caused by religion, but somewhat ironically his style of confronting it undoubtedly causes even more division. Staunch athiests and staunch followers of religion both do my head in tbh, as bad as each other.

Just seen some fruit and nut outside the tube station with a placard about repenting, bellowing some old twaddle.

Just live and let live and don't try to impose your beliefs on others.

Which equally goes for those nut-nuts who insist their religion will take over the world.

So it's okay with people to agree with the ruling regarding the beard. However, when a non-Muslim teacher is asked to abide by the laws of a Muslim school, it's an outrage.

Hypocrites.

This is a Catholic school, funded by Catholics. The pricks shouldn't be going there anyway.

Guest Norbert

I think you can't exclude children based on religion nowadays, which of course begs the question 'why bother with faith based schools if you have to include different religions?'

I think you can't exclude children based on religion nowadays, which of course begs the question 'why bother with faith based schools if you have to include different religions?'

That is a very good question.

Guest Norbert

Tories etc? What a strange statement. That means everybody doesn't it?

Which party is in government? Which party is pushing for independent schools founded by charities and groups that are not under LEA control? Labour started the academy system, which was built upon the foundations of the Grant Maintained system that the previous Tory government had introduced. So therefore it is the Conservatives who are so keen for people to get together and build their own schools, some of which are faith based.

That is what I meant.

• Backroom

Just like the pricks who shouldn't be teaching in a Muslim school. Is that what you're trying to say?

More to do with the pupils. If a non-muslim teacher works in a muslim school, then the school clearly wants them there :P

• Backroom

If you don't want to adhere to the rules go elsewhere. Just like the 2 underaged kids, a member of this MB abused by calling them pricks.

Islam is great. Fastest growing religion in the world and Al is struggling to get to terms with it.

Just because something is popular doesn't make it right. Christianity has been through it's murderous years and has now become relatively peaceful. Even hardline stances on gay people etc have slackened massively.

Islam is imo still immature as a religion. My generation seems to be about half and half between:

1. Relatively sensible people who pray 5 times a day but otherwise don't take it too seriously and

2: Absolute fanatics who believe it's ok to oppress women, gays, atheists and anyone who believes in the same imaginary friend under a different name. And continue to address each other as 'innit blud'.

If you don't want to adhere to the rules go elsewhere. Just like the 2 underaged kids, a member of this MB abused by calling them pricks.

Islam is great. Fastest growing religion in the world and Al is struggling to get to terms with it.

Tell that to all the poor souls in Kenya , USA , London , Madrid etc .

Your poxy religion is simple and evil!!!!

No reaction back either cos you ain't worth it , your simply a WUM troll.

Guest Norbert

I'm not a religious guy, but not all forms of Islam is great. Blowing yourself up in markets, beating women to death for going outdoors and shooting people are not what I would call fabtastic ideals. Obviously not all Muslims do that sort of thing, but there are a fair few. Enough to be a real problem. And they have the guns and the internet to preach their rubbish.

And if these extremist Muslims don't like Western culture, then feel free to go to Saudi Arabia, North West Pakistan or some other dusty sh_thole where they practice your medieval form of Sharia Law. Then we can just leave each other alone.

Google these two words ....... 'stoning video'.

No doubt in your house you'll all gather around the screen and consider it great TV.

• Moderation Lead

As ever the usual trolls hijack a good debate by being complete bell ends.

The kids were well aware of the school rules before they went there, now shock horror, they play the race card.

Always playing the victim. I know so many nice Muslims, such a shame their name is sullied by precious ones that seek to cause trouble. Pathetic specimen.

No it really isn't, all religions are pretty disgusting really and Islam is becoming about as great as Catholicism was during the Spanish inquisition, Id sooner let myself fall for the scientology scam than even consider becoming a muslim(or any orthodox religion for that matter)

(you making a statement like that on here is only meant 100% to antagonise, so suck it!)

• Backroom

As ever the usual trolls hijack a good debate by being complete bell ends.

The kids were well aware of the school rules before they went there, now shock horror, they play the race card.

Always playing the victim. I know so many nice Muslims, such a shame their name is sullied by precious ones that seek to cause trouble. Pathetic specimen.

Until the extremists learn not to take their book so seriously (as Christianity has in the last 100years or so), it is unfortunately the view that most non-muslims will have. I don't believe for one second that all muslims are evil. But from only around 12 years of being properly aware of Islam (since I was 10), there are enough that sweeping generalisations are bordering on spot-on.

• Backroom

The mistake most people make is labeling "Islam" as one singular ideology with no facets or deviations. Much like Christianity there are numerous sects and belief systems used that fall under the Islamic faith. In Saudi Arabia alone there are 3/4 different systems, and that's one of the strictest Islamic countries.

Unfortunately it's the nutjobs and extremists that get into the news and often those who make the loudest noise are those who are remembered. Even amongst moderate Muslims there is an increasing "us against them" mindset brought about by the escalating tension between the Middle East and the West (not to mention publications like the Sun and the Mail stirring racial and religious hatred).

I used to think there was a solution but I don't think so anymore.

Archived