BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Weirdy Beardys

The mistake most people make is labeling "Islam" as one singular ideology with no facets or deviations. Much like Christianity there are numerous sects and belief systems used that fall under the Islamic faith. In Saudi Arabia alone there are 3/4 different systems, and that's one of the strictest Islamic countries.

That's a fair point, as nobody in the Middle East likes Israel, but take them out of the equasion and they start not liking each other. Tony Wheeler (founder of Lonely Planet) puts it down to jealousy over:

wealth (Gulf states vs everyone else),

Islamic arrogance (Saudi Arabia has the two holiest sites in Islam; Wahhabism, which the Taliban modelled themselves on, is said to the the 'purest' form of Islam),

hypocrisy (how austerely pure can a person be when they're spending up on luxury brands?)

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tell that to all the poor souls in Kenya , USA , London , Madrid etc .

Your poxy religion is simple and evil!!!!

No reaction back either cos you ain't worth it , your simply a WUM troll.

Tell that to the poor souls in Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, Pakistan, Palestine and all the other countries that have been attacked by the Christians/Jews. However, Islam is the evil one right?

Hypocritical.

Tell that to the poor souls in Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, Pakistan, Palestine and all the other countries that have been attacked by the Christians/Jews. However, Islam is the evil one right?

Hypocritical.

ALL religion is evil. Just like it's ALL made up! Unfortunately your to naive to see it. But one day, you'll realise.

Hypocritical.

Attacked? Rather suffered retaliatory action more like.

• Backroom

Hypocritical.

Those attacks were years ago. Islamic attacks are occurring now. I've said before, I think other religions are maturing, while Islam either refuses to or just hasn't yet.

Personally I would rather we were all secular, my departed hero Chris Hitchens was right on the money. What 'offends' me about Islam is better described by Pat Condell, who puts it better than I ever could. A sensible, calm 6 minute clip - Care to disagree with any of this >

Excellent. Whenever I feel the urge to debate Islam I'll post this video and say "What he said." Very well put.

The mistake most people make is labeling "Islam" as one singular ideology with no facets or deviations. Much like Christianity there are numerous sects and belief systems used that fall under the Islamic faith. In Saudi Arabia alone there are 3/4 different systems, and that's one of the strictest Islamic countries.

Unfortunately it's the nutjobs and extremists that get into the news and often those who make the loudest noise are those who are remembered. Even amongst moderate Muslims there is an increasing "us against them" mindset brought about by the escalating tension between the Middle East and the West (not to mention publications like the Sun and the Mail stirring racial and religious hatred).

I used to think there was a solution but I don't think so anymore.

Enoch Powell had the solution years ago and that was to severely restrict immigration. Alas it is too late now. How long before the "Christian" population is outnumbered?

• Backroom

Enoch Powell had the solution years ago and that was to severely restrict immigration. Alas it is too late now. How long before the "Christian" population is outnumbered?

As it stands 60% of the UK identify themselves as Christian and 5% as Islamic, so probably quite a while.

Humans should really be pulling away from organised religion rather than being drawn towards it. Not so much into godlessness but into a more modern and scientific way of viewing life after death.

As it stands 60% of the UK identify themselves as

Humans should really be pulling away from organised religion rather than being drawn towards it. Not so much into godlessness but into a more modern and scientific way of viewing life after death.

Why would anyone WANT the scientific view of life after death? Doesn't science conclude there is nothing after death, due to lack of evidence? That's pretty depressing.

Get rid of hope and faith, and what do you get? Nothing good.

(Who said 'charity'? :P )

• Backroom

Why would anyone WANT the scientific view of life after death? Doesn't science conclude there is nothing after death, due to lack of evidence? That's pretty depressing.

Get rid of hope and faith, and what do you get? Nothing good.

(Who said 'charity'? :P )

I don't think there's a confirmed scientific consensus either way Stu. There are plenty of scientists who believe in life after death after all!

If there truly is nothing then it isn't all that terrifying. The only reason it's frightening is because we cannot comprehend not existing, it makes no sense to our brains as we're wired for nothing but survival and existence. On the other hand if death is the end it does make you wonder what the point of this all is. Human logic dictates everything has a purpose, and if there's nothing after death then it doesn't really fit into our logical frame of reasoning at all.

He who fears death either fears to lose all sensation or fears new sensations. In reality, you will either feel nothing at all, and therefore nothing evil, or else, if you can feel any sensations, you will be a new creature, and so will not have ceased to have life.

He who fears death either fears to lose all sensation or fears new sensations. In reality, you will either feel nothing at all, and therefore nothing evil, or else, if you can feel any sensations, you will be a new creature, and so will not have ceased to have life.

I'll have a tenners worth of what you've had.

As it stands 60% of the UK identify themselves as Christian and 5% as Islamic, so probably quite a while.

No reason to doubt you but those figures are hard to accept if you live in Blackburn/Accrington/Burnley areas.

• Backroom

Zero. Abide by the rules, just like the rules those 'pricks' you referred to, had to.

So religious participation/affiliation is part of the rules? Bullshit, that's discrimination.

You'll find that many non-muslims wish to not attend muslim schools.

Archived