BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] If you could add 1 player.....

FGS5635

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with most people picking a centre half or GK. Speaking of GK, how about Glen Keeley, a great leader, hard as nails, mind you he'd only play a quarter of a season now due to suspensions! Not like the good old days.

I was toying with the idea of the late Noel Brotherston, always loved watching him as a kid. Even made sure I watched the NI games when he was playing.

Ok, final choice, Ronnie Clayton.

Bryan Douglas, who remember played the first 5 seasons of his career at this level. He'd be the best player in the division since ...well since Bryan Douglas possibly. In any sensible top 3 of greatest Rovers players ever.

Dead right, no one else comes close. With Dougie in the hole Rhodes would be getting 40 to 50 goals a season easily. As for the people bigging up Savage, really ? he wouldn't be in my first 100.

For me it has to be friedel as currently we do not have good enough options even at this level. I would also have Tugay at this level someone who could dictate the tempo would with them 2 we would walk this league Brad keeping many clean sheets & Tugs for his exquisite passing!.

ASSUMING ONLY ONE PLAYER ALLOWED:-

If it had to be a g/keeper.......Roger Jones.

"....................." fullback.............Bill Eckersley (ask Tom Finney what he thought of our Bill )

.......................M/field..............Ronnie Clayton

.......................Winger...............Bryan Douglas

.......................C/F .................Alan Shearer

Attacking inside forward........Eddie Quigley (best passer of a ball over any distance I have ever seen anywhere, plus a left foot shot like a 6" gun.)

ASSUMING ONLY ONE PLAYER ALLOWED:-

If it had to be a g/keeper.......Roger Jones.

"....................." fullback.............Bill Eckersley

.......................M/field..............Ronnie Clayton

.......................Winger...............Bryan Douglas

.......................C/F .................Alan Shearer

Oh Mr Fife !

Those five could have played for ANY team in the world in any era, and they would probably, all be 1st eleven regulars.

Just imagine them teamed up with Bobby Charlton and George Best !

Back to the topic though, I'd take a 25 year old Dougie and he'd get us into the play-offs at least.

Archived