BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Currie lines up new bid?

you talking for the masses again Gav? I don't have to justify my rovers attendance habits to you...maybe half the board from around the world should bugger off if they don't go as you won't take them seriously...pillock.

Half the board members from around the world haven't labled Bowyers signings Cr@p and the manager useless!

You obviously crave the attention, you should get out more.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And once again a potentially good thread gets derailed by a STUPID comment that has nothing to do with the subject. No wonder decent posters are leaving this board in droves.

I have edited this post to include the word STUPID.

Probably dead in the water. For some reason Venky's aren't willing to meet anyone, serious or otherwise, at the negotiating table.

Yes very true.....

Unless someone comes up with upwards of 60m they'll not even entertain the subject, which strikes me as very strange when they're losing money hand over fist....

Who in their right mind is going to buy Rovers in its present state?

As we all know, the debt is horrendous and I just can't see anyone taking that on.

Rovers would only be attractive if we got back in the Prem because of the guaranteed revenue streams that would help to ease the debt.

Besides, if Venky's even got £1 for the sale of Rovers it would be too much reward.

Who in their right mind is going to buy Rovers in its present state?

As we all know, the debt is horrendous and I just can't see anyone taking that on.

Rovers would only be attractive if we got back in the Prem because of the guaranteed revenue streams that would help to ease the debt.

Besides, if Venky's even got £1 for the sale of Rovers it would be too much reward.

And there my friend lies the problem, if by any chance we get promoted this season i doubt very much the venkys will sell, i believe being in the PL is worth £100 million per year and £1.5 million per match if you are live, they wont give that up if theres a chance of promotion.

chaddy won't be happy....his utopia is about to be destroyed.....you can bet your bottom dollar that new owners would mean a new manager....one with some gravitas...

I think most of us realise that Gary Bowyer is very much a beginner. But every manager had to be a beginner at one stage. Just the same as anyone of us when we left school, somebody had to give us our first job. I suggest it is no different in the football world. As things stand at the moment, he is doing ok. Not brilliant - but not bad either. but has done well enought to be given the chance to continue.

But getting back onto subject of this topic. The debt and fact Rovers are losing money, maybe the only leeway any buyer has of getting venkys interested in selling. But would need mega deep pockets just to put the club on an even keel.

And once again a potentially good thread gets derailed by a STUPID comment that has nothing to do with the subject. No wonder decent posters are leaving this board in droves.

I have edited this post to include the word STUPID.

I've just put him on ignore. I can't be bothered with the hassle of reading his rude comments every time I come on here, which is not very often at the moment.

you talking for the masses again Gav? I don't have to justify my rovers attendance habits to you...maybe half the board from around the world should bugger off if they don't go as you won't take them seriously...pillock.

'Pilliock' ?

Time for this guy to take a break mods?

chaddy won't be happy....his utopia is about to be destroyed.....you can bet your bottom dollar that new owners would mean a new manager....one with some gravitas...

what is your problem with Bowyer??? don't get you one bit. I would pick Bowyer as manager every day of the week over your choice of Colin. wouldn't want Colin anywhere near Blackburn Rovers. leave him on Talksport. best place for him

He's doing OK at present, nothing more IMO, not if the aim is promotion this season..

why do you think that? we are only 5 points of 6th place in the league and Bowyer has got a very good squad who is suited to this league. what your problem?

Not if the new owner has any sense. Just give the present one some money and support.

couldn't agree more. Bowyer is doing a very good job at Rovers

why do you think that? we are only 5 points of 6th place in the league and Bowyer has got a very good squad who is suited to this league. what your problem?

couldn't agree more. Bowyer is doing a very good job at Rovers

You do understand that 5 points off 6th or 9th means we wouldn't get promoted? I don't understand how that's very good if the aim is to be in the top 6? I don't get told 'very good Majiball' by my boss when I meet expectations, surely very good means ones exceeding expectations? In fact if I was 9th and meant to be 6th or above I'd be told to buck my ideas up and I don't see how that's very good either. Maybe it's just that your expectations from Bowyer are that low (IE avoid relegation) that you consider 9th to be a very good job?

KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEANKEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEANKEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEANKEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEANKEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEANKEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEANKEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEANKEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEANKEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEANKEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEANKEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEANKEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN speed the post thingy up please!

You do understand that 5 points off 6th or 9th means we wouldn't get promoted? I don't understand how that's very good if the aim is to be in the top 6? I don't get told 'very good Majiball' by my boss when I meet expectations, surely very good means ones exceeding expectations? In fact if I was 9th and meant to be 6th or above I'd be told to buck my ideas up and I don't see how that's very good either. Maybe it's just that your expectations from Bowyer are that low (IE avoid relegation) that you consider 9th to be a very good job?

I'm very happy with the Job that Bowyer has done this summer in overhauling the squad, bringing in a proper scouting network, etc

Can I remind you that we haven't finish the season yet??? its 11 games into the 46 games season!!! all that matters is that we finish in the top 6 at the end of the season. simple as.

My expectations are the same now as the start of the season. top 6.

Guest Norbert

I'm also thinking this story may be involving that Salford Reds guy. It would be nice to have someone who knows how to run a club at the very least.

Having said all that, I'm not too confident this is anything but a prod at Venky's just in case they are clever enough to read a balance sheet.

If you judge bowyer on our current league postition then I can accept people saying he is just ok, but its short sighted of the rest of the work his job has entailed this summer. We where a mess and in the space of 1 close season and 11 games he has achieved so much. We were always going to get off to a slow start with so many changes in personel, it was inevitable. But we are slowly getting into our stride and tbh we look a pretty decent side at this level now. I hoped for playoffs before the season started but realistically didnt expect it. Now I cant see us not finishing in the top 6 unless we are really unlucky with key injuries or something happens in january

I think there is a cycle of emotions in the venkys era where you are confused, then sad, then angry, then dont care, then think @#/? it, then the love comes back a bit, then your optimistic again.

All the fans pass though these stages and are all doing it at a different pace. I certainly wouldnt tell any fan they are wrong in what they think and how they deal with it, but I do believe if alot can get back onboard and really support the team this year, it could be the difference between us getting promoted and surviving, or missing out and possibly going into decline. You can tell the difference the fans have made this year at times and bowyer has been highly vocal on the difference it makes. Its just my opinion, but I really believe for 7-8 months or however long is left of this season we need to ignore the boardroom/venkys BS and really get behind the lads, becasue the rest of this season could be the most important in rovers recent history.

If you judge bowyer on our current league postition then I can accept people saying he is just ok, but its short sighted of the rest of the work his job has entailed this summer. We where a mess and in the space of 1 close season and 11 games he has achieved so much. We were always going to get off to a slow start with so many changes in personel, it was inevitable. But we are slowly getting into our stride and tbh we look a pretty decent side at this level now. I hoped for playoffs before the season started but realistically didnt expect it. Now I cant see us not finishing in the top 6 unless we are really unlucky with key injuries or something happens in january

I think there is a cycle of emotions in the venkys era where you are confused, then sad, then angry, then dont care, then think Kean it, then the love comes back a bit, then your optimistic again.

All the fans pass though these stages and are all doing it at a different pace. I certainly wouldnt tell any fan they are wrong in what they think and how they deal with it, but I do believe if alot can get back onboard and really support the team this year, it could be the difference between us getting promoted and surviving, or missing out and possibly going into decline. You can tell the difference the fans have made this year at times and bowyer has been highly vocal on the difference it makes. Its just my opinion, but I really believe for 7-8 months or however long is left of this season we need to ignore the boardroom/venkys BS and really get behind the lads, becasue the rest of this season could be the most important in rovers recent history.

so you're saying we should put our beliefs and values to one side for the supposed betterment of the club who clearly aren't willing to do the same???

If thats your current stumbling block then yes thats what I am suggesting. Find a way to differentiate between the team and the rest of it.

So now I must view the cub as separate entities? Your dealing with emotions here, strong ones and i see that as a bit like asking me to love my missus's for one aspect and stay with her when I cannot stand another aspect after she's been @#/? around. (obviously it's not entirely the same but the idea is there)

You see it's the fans that have been wronged and why should they make the first move to reconciliation? If your missus @#/? around would you be the one to make the first move after that??? Or would you expect her too? I expect the club I LOVE to make the first move and they haven't for me. just as after a break-up one wronged person would be back after one chat, others will be several chats or never, but they've never even tried one chat. All they've done is send some flowers with please take me back (the ticket offer), sent their mates round to say they've changed (Club staff and players saying everythings better now), I want to hear it from them as they need to PROVE that it's true and they have changed, no amount of anecdotal platitudes will persuade me to take her back. She (the Roa's) needs to talk to me direct as they are the ones who will decide our future, not GB, not the team, not any ticket offer, our owners dictate our future. GB may well get everything running like clock-work behind the scenes, but how long until the Loons do something yet again that negatively influences the 1st team? Because they will, their track record is there to see and they've not even explained why. We've lost 10,000 fans per match since this lot came along so I know there are 10,000 others who like me can't or won't differentiate as you ask at this present moment. Do we see them flocking back in their droves because we're told things are better? No we don't, they'll need more or won't be back at all as when they look at her they don't see the club they fell in love with see a dark shadow of what once was and the love is diminished.

The club (for me it cannot be viewed separately) clearly needs to do more to get people back.

I wasnt expecting that response lol

1st thoughts are Id shoot the keaning bitch if she keaned about :tu:

2nd thoughts are what about the children. maybe they are whats really important and maybe I should forgive her for the sake of the children (the team)

I think it's important to separate the job Bowyer is doing from the overall situation.

Bowyer is doing fine and under a different and more favourable set of circumstances we could build towards a promotion push in a year or two.

I think we are outsiders for promotion this Season and given the debts and impending fair play rules we are in serious trouble, (even if Venky's don't pull the plug).

The damage has been done and fixing it is an almost impossible task.

I think it's important to separate the job Bowyer is doing from the overall situation.

Bowyer is doing fine and under a different and more favourable set of circumstances we could build towards a promotion push in a year or two.

I think we are outsiders for promotion this Season and given the debts and impending fair play rules we are in serious trouble, (even if Venky's don't pull the plug).

The damage has been done and fixing it is an almost impossible task.

Hey a Phoenix can rise from destruction, (well it does in Hollywood) :brfc: .

Archived