BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Currie lines up new bid?

Hmmm. I am going tomorrow but I do understand those, who are staying away. All I can say is that last year, during the period when I was boycotting, I kicked every ball, received regular texts from my kids about how we were playing and YES...I wanted Rovers to win. I think the situation is far more complicated for those who stay away than you are implying. Please don't marginalise them for handling it in a different way than you do yourself. I am sure you haven't forgiven Venky's either?

True - and it was a bit of a flippant comment as i do respect people's opinions.

But it gets me down seeing empty seats at ewood, especially when the team is trying so hard and in games like watford it is evident how much help the crowd can give this young team. If people like cairney are going to choose to stay then the fans and atmosphere will be a factor, plus as we have seen this week we need more income to keep players like rhodes at ewood.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

True - and it was a bit of a flippant comment as i do respect people's opinions.

But it gets me down seeing empty seats at ewood, especially when the team is trying so hard and in games like watford it is evident how much help the crowd can give this young team. If people like cairney are going to choose to stay then the fans and atmosphere will be a factor, plus as we have seen this week we need more income to keep players like rhodes at ewood.

Point taken. I don't disagree with a word of that.

It is very sad and it seems to go full circle. That is exactly how I felt watching Tony Field, Stuart Metcalfe, Mick Heaton etc, trying so hard, but being punished for sins of a previous era.It wasn't fair on them. I used to imagine Ewood Park full to the brim and wonder what it would take. Then, years later I was lucky enough to see it.

You are so right about the atmosphere. I think there is actual football "research" that shows the proportion of points gained at home and relates this directly to support and atmosphere. OMG! On another thread, I had to confess that I actually asked fans not to abuse Kean during games for that very reason. I didn't know then what I know now though....

So...over to the owners. Show some leadership! What can they do to re-engage people, who have been so badly hurt by their actions and downright disrespect?What message will they give to these people? What behaviour will they show?

Cue tumbleweed...

Weirdly, I could act as their ...er..consultant and draw up a reconciliation plan with them...

If that's really how you feel perhaps you should get it completely out of your system. Forget Rovers altogether and stop posting your negatism (is that a word) on this forum. At the moment you and some others (Sparky Marky etc.) are poisoning the minds of others who may otherwise come back into the fold. You never attend. Please stop influencing others.

I've seen us twice so far this season and whilst yes I don't get to go as frequently as others I fail to see the relevance given the topic on discussion. You'll also notice that I don't comment on aspects such as games these days, why because I don't see enough to be able to comment. But I have a wyscout account and that means I can watch the lot, when I want. But I still don't comment on matches for my own reasons. All I have done is relate feelings to what has factually happened at Rovers and I'm posionous? I am not responsible for others actions or choices and if you're allowed to say everythings great, then I surely can say the opposite. Or are we only allowed to say good things these days? Even in posting recently I've tried to comment that I think GB's doing OK at present but I am not alone (as others have said the same and go every week) in thinking not everything is great and that promotion (which is a must by all accounts now) is a long shot. But I have been positive to a degree about the only aspect that looks half-decent these days, GB and the team. But a club is more than a team and we require more than that to reach our goals IMO. If as you insinuate that you want 'stay-aways' to return then given that GB's decent start hasn't resulted in this, other avenues require investigation??? And other avenues will mean placating or encouraging people who view things like me to come back, and yet your response clearly displays that you would push them away. Doesn't that defeat your desire? Glass half full or glass half empty, the same substance seen from two differing viewpoints and I see that as a good thing.

I've seen us twice so far this season and whilst yes I don't get to go as frequently as others I fail to see the relevance given the topic on discussion. You'll also notice that I don't comment on aspects such as games these days, why because I don't see enough to be able to comment. But I have a wyscout account and that means I can watch the lot, when I want. But I still don't comment on matches for my own reasons. All I have done is relate feelings to what has factually happened at Rovers and I'm posionous? I am not responsible for others actions or choices and if you're allowed to say everythings great, then I surely can say the opposite. Or are we only allowed to say good things these days? Even in posting recently I've tried to comment that I think GB's doing OK at present but I am not alone (as others have said the same and go every week) in thinking not everything is great and that promotion (which is a must by all accounts now) is a long shot. But I have been positive to a degree about the only aspect that looks half-decent these days, GB and the team. But a club is more than a team and we require more than that to reach our goals IMO. If as you insinuate that you want 'stay-aways' to return then given that GB's decent start hasn't resulted in this, other avenues require investigation??? And other avenues will mean placating or encouraging people who view things like me to come back, and yet your response clearly displays that you would push them away. Doesn't that defeat your desire? Glass half full or glass half empty, the same substance seen from two differing viewpoints and I see that as a good thing.

Don't stop posting!

No bones about it. I see the disengagement of fans like yourself-and myself previously-as a tragedy for the club and the town. It does need to be articulated.

Everyone is hurting and some are inclined to get very prickly, if others take a different approach to the same pain. I do think that is the source of so much hostility to people who tell the story.

People shouldn't re-define Rovers passion plus critical analysis, as poison.

My previous decision to stay away was done in much anguish, but it did have a certain "political " logic. My decision to go back was merely an emotional response to some green shoots..Bowyer's honesty etc

I know Venky's haven't gone away, nor have they given me the slightest indication of contrition or determination to change their behaviour...hence the lack of logic to my recent decision!

At what point is the line drawn tho? At what point does the off field stuff just not matter when its the team you goto watch?

Say we go up this yr.......is that enough?

We stay up in PL next yr and win FA Cup.........is that enough?

Win win premier league.......is that enough?

Or could we do treble and win champions league and some wouldn't come back without venkys saying sorry lads?

Not having a go, just curious what success overrides morals

At what point is the line drawn tho? At what point does the off field stuff just not matter when its the team you goto watch?

Or could we do treble and win champions league and some wouldn't come back without venkys saying sorry lads?

Don't worry, should any of that happen then plenty will come out of the woodwork who haven't been near the place since the late 90's never mind the last couple of seasons.

It's a good question, I think that in order to have any sort of success the board needs sorting out, so if that happens and we get back to where we were in the premier league, then you could say the owners have repaired what they damaged. Looks a million miles away from where we are now.

A very interesting, probably academic question. I once worked in a psychiatric adolescent unit, where they used the concept of minimum change.The idea was the young person had an explicit list of changes s/he knew were required before being allowed home..

Alternatively, there is also the old one about not being able to describe an elephant..... but you know one when you see it!

Aargh! Cannot stand this defeatist nonsense. They deserve no credit at all, none whatsoever. They deserve to be buried alive in tonnes of Kean for what they have done to our our club.

I feel absolute rage when a supposed rovers fan thinks we are knackered without them and should be somehow grateful for what they are doing.

I feel absolute rage that you have the gall to come on here and lecture people about ownership of this football club.

You spent 5 years telling us through your posts on this MB that ANY new owner would be better than the Walker Trust. You lectured, cajoled, argued and ranted, and shouted down those of us who told you that the Walker Trust was the best possible ownership model for BRFC.

You got what you asked for - new ownership. It's a bit much to read what you're dishing out to other posters now it's all gone to sh!t. You got what you wanted - at least have the good grace to respect the opinions of newer posters when you got everything so badly wrong.

A very interesting, probably academic question. I once worked in a psychiatric adolescent unit, where they used the concept of minimum change.The idea was the young person had an explicit list of changes s/he knew were required before being allowed home..

Alternatively, there is also the old one about not being able to describe an elephant..... but you know one when you see it!

was coco one of the inmates

If at the end the question is whether Venkys are willing to sell or not, then it all depends on how far Rovers fans are willing to go for the club. It's that simple. If this was Liverpool or Everton or City or Spurs etc. right now the entire Venkys brood would be on the back of a boat heading back to India in soiled pants.

I feel absolute rage that you have the gall to come on here and lecture people about ownership of this football club.

You spent 5 years telling us through your posts on this MB that ANY new owner would be better than the Walker Trust. You lectured, cajoled, argued and ranted, and shouted down those of us who told you that the Walker Trust was the best possible ownership model for BRFC.

You got what you asked for - new ownership. It's a bit much to read what you're dishing out to other posters now it's all gone to sh!t. You got what you wanted - at least have the good grace to respect the opinions of newer posters when you got everything so badly wrong.

Pity you only come on here to lecture me! I've responded to this crap from you so many times over the years that I can't be bothered again.

You were one of those who believed we should 'stick with the Trust' but ignored the inconvenient truth that the Trust was desperate not to stick with us. That's the context of the discussion which you have never faced up to. Your Trust let us down as badly as its possible to do.

Pity you only come on here to lecture me! I've responded to this crap from you so many times over the years that I can't be bothered again.

You were one of those who believed we should 'stick with the Trust' but ignored the inconvenient truth that the Trust was desperate not to stick with us. That's the context of the discussion which you have never faced up to. Your Trust let us down as badly as its possible to do.

Good argument guys but whats the Thread Topic again??

Good argument guys but whats the Thread Topic again??

Considering that it's been established that Currie ISN'T lining up a new bid, I think a general ownership/selling discussion seems fair game.

Good news!

For any potential, wealthy investor looking for a punt and a decent return by achieving promotion and getting your mits on £100 million, I guess you'd have a good hard look around Christmas.

Then any additional financial imput would enable the quality player purchases to help push a club over the line. Perhaps that's The Rao's train of thought, who knows.

For such a person keeping a watchful eye, with no allegiances whatsoever other than the potential of a financial return, It gauls me that them up the road would appear a decent option. Heaven forbid but a fact nonetheless.

Good point OJ.

Any serious investor shouldn't really be picking a team to invest in based on the league table in December.

Saying that, a serious investor shouldn't really be buying Rovers (or maybe any football club for that matter). Football ownership is a passion not a business.

The reason for a lot of the problems is that they don't tend to see it that way until it's too late...

It's not a good thing if it influences others to stay away who might otherwise have returned. Just as an aside, when you make a post of that length please try to break it up a bit with paragraphs. I find a block of print like that difficult to read.

It's not a good thing if it influences others to stay away who might otherwise have returned. Just as an aside, when you make a post of that length please try to break it up a bit with paragraphs. I find a block of print like that difficult to read.

What? are you a retard ? I found it no problem to read at all Maji...

So you assume what I post influences others to stay away, but you don't actually know if it does and you want me to post only positively because of said assumption?

I didn't think the topic changed that much and the sentences were all related so didn't feel it was warranted? It was shorter than normal, lol.

• 3 months later...

Archived