BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Currie lines up new bid?

Exclusive

by Ignatius J Reilly

16th October 2013 11:32am BST

Businessman Ian Currie is set to lead a fresh takeover bid for Blackburn Rovers.

Lifelong Rovers fan Currie and business partner Ian Battersby made contact with current owners Venky's six months ago to inform that they had agreements in place with investors and intended to purchase the club.

While the Indians demonstrated no interest in selling up, a Manchester-based multi-millionaire has since been approached by Currie with a view to launching a new effort to push a deal over the line.

A source close to the takeover plan said: "Efforts are still being made to secure a significant sum of money in order to tempt Venky's, who as yet have shown no interest in even considering a sale.

"Ian is a Blackburn fanatic and has the best interests of the club at heart. He clearly feels the Venky's are not the way to go and he is still canvassing his contacts to see if they will invest.

"It is an interesting proposition for the Manchester businessman and the prospect of getting involved has not been ruled out, although there are other football clubs in which he could invest.

"These things never move quickly and nothing is imminent, but he is certainly contemplating it."

Since the Venky's arrived at Ewood Park, Rovers have slipped out of the Premier League and have gone through five managers.

The owners frequently fail to reply to all forms of communication from interested parties.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not shown any interest in selling up to now. Though the debt the clubs has now, may change their tiny minds.

Though I don't know why a Rovers fanatic would consider looking at other clubs to buy, if Rovers can't be bought.

Not shown any interest in selling up to now. Though the debt the clubs has now, may change their tiny minds.

Though I don't know why a Rovers fanatic would consider looking at other clubs to buy, if Rovers can't be bought.

you misread....currie is the fanatic, the guy from manchester is the investor.....Mr. Big..The Don....

chaddy won't be happy....his utopia is about to be destroyed.....you can bet your bottom dollar that new owners would mean a new manager....one with some gravitas...

I think the vast majority of people on the site would acknowledge that Bowyer is doing a very good job, not just Chaddy.

Try going to a game every now and then and we'll start to take you a little more seriously.

• Moderation Lead

chaddy won't be happy....his utopia is about to be destroyed.....you can bet your bottom dollar that new owners would mean a new manager....one with some gravitas...

Well, you bloody never will be will you?

a Manchester-based multi-millionaire ......

although there are other football clubs in which he could invest.....

surely this is just a re-hash of the rumour that doctor chap (kukash??) who owns salford city reds and some racehorses is/was interested

I think the vast majority of people on the site would acknowledge that Bowyer is doing a very good job, not just Chaddy.

Try going to a game every now and then and we'll start to take you a little more seriously.

you talking for the masses again Gav? I don't have to justify my rovers attendance habits to you...maybe half the board from around the world should bugger off if they don't go as you won't take them seriously...pillock.

Came from Sports Direct News off the News now Blackburn rovers site. who knows if its true or not.

I always thought that Ian Battersby was the one in the fore ground with Ian Currie more in the background? It was always Ian Battersby who was quoted when this stuff first came out and there was even a Podcast with him on here from memory.

Surely with all the ITKs who claim to know these guys its not hard to find out if its true or not is it??

Where are you now ITK's?? Put us out of our misery or not as the case may be!!

I always thought that Ian Battersby was the one in the fore ground with Ian Currie more in the background? It was always Ian Battersby who was quoted when this stuff first came out and there was even a Podcast with him on here from memory.

Surely with all the ITKs who claim to know these guys its not hard to find out if its true or not is it??

Where are you now ITK's?? Put us out of our misery or not as the case may be!!

Yep let us know then we can close this thread sharpish.

Not if the new owner has any sense. Just give the present one some money and support.

Archived