BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Currie lines up new bid?

Personally I wish they would chuck the towel in. I don't want their financial support. Being a rich kids'plaything is not what I want for my club and to be honest I would rather we fell further as a football club than hung around where we are now as a toy.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still wonder... what's in it for them? And if and when the penny drops, how bad is it going to be for Rovers.

In short, I don't trust them.

Nothing. Other than loosing money. Nothing. No entertainment or success (even at this level) no prestige, no marketing advantages, nothing.

Which makes it all the more confusing why they haven't tried to get rid of us. They're loosing serious money for no benefit. Logic states you get rid in this situation. If not there must be something amiss, or an advantage no one is aware of. The latter is not likely at all unless asset stripping. So that leaves us with something amiss - dare I say it hints of corruption?

It's not like some gym membership which I don't use but can't be bothered to cancel, it's like having a mortgage on a house in a place where I'll never live! It just doesn't make sense not to get rid.

Guest Norbert

They're probably in that trap of not wanting to admit failure, yet being utterly clueless about how to run the club and wanting to turn things around. The head says sell up, but the heart (and ego) says if they do that will be an admission of failure and it'll be a blow to their status. And there is also Balaji's love of showing off, and a football club is probably his bling.

When in top multi national business, your brand name and reputation are worth everything. They wont leave rovers until in their eyes they have rebuilt the image / brand they have tarnished. They bought rovers to spread the venkys brand so its obviously very important to them and their business strategy. Not sure they can ever recover the damage they have done to their brand in this debacle, but they do seem intent on trying it seems, or like many have said they'd have sold up and cut their losses by now

Guest Norbert

They're not going to show us any, beyond keeping this whole painful circus limping along. As for the plan, I think it went a bit wrong when they thought they could bring in Ronaldinho and get CL football by spending peanuts. And then replaced an effective manager with Steve Kean. Now they're 'confused', have no executive structure in place and don't have a clue about how next season's financial rules will be met.

Did they have a strategy to get us relegated? It certainly looks like it. Worked beautifully too.

Yet they appeared shell-shocked when it happened, like they were the only ones who didn't realise where we were heading.

I have no faith in them at all and I cannot understand how anyone can ( except Shelfie).

Aargh! Cannot stand this defeatist nonsense. They deserve no credit at all, none whatsoever. They deserve to be buried alive in tonnes of Kean for what they have done to our our club.

All the costs they are now incurring they have brought on themselves. They have never apologised for their gross stupidity (or worse) and have never explained why they are continuing to finance us. To protect their own investment as best they can or because they are in love with the club? You decide!

They could still do the decent thing and sell to those supporters who have been trying to negotiate a sale with them for years. Then bugger off and never darken our skies again.

I feel absolute rage when a supposed rovers fan thinks we are knackered without them and should be somehow grateful for what they are doing.

And finally, I've a suggestion as to what you should do with your tin hat.

Amen to that.

We don't know the strategy or plan, but there must be one no matter how cuckoo it is. As for money they deffo have that

If they have money, why are we in debt?

If they have money - which they want to throw at Rovers - we should be in a similar situation to Bolton with Eddie Davies.

So why don't I feel any reassurance?

While Venkys are here and continue to cover losses (by some means) then the status quo will remain. Once they decide they've had enough, who knows what kind of mess we will be left with.

Problem is, they have no strategy, no plan, little money and have done so much damage they're better off leaving.

They take the real cash out of the club and offload the debt onto the club. Then when the cash dries up or the debt gets too big then its bye, bye.

Another strategy could be making money from moving players in and out with the cooperation of football agents with each one you get a percentage of the fee

They take the real cash out of the club and offload the debt onto the club. Then when the cash dries up or the debt gets too big then its bye, bye.

Another strategy could be making money from moving players in and out with the cooperation of football agents with each one you get a percentage of the fee

This is what i reckon has been happening from the word go. It wouldn't suprise me if a lot of the cash that's left the club has found it's way back to the Venky mob. Everything is run on debt etc, doesn't matter what it's secured against, then real cash is bled out via various avenues. They may put some cash back in now and again but basically it's a money merry go round and that's before we mention any betting scams. They aint stupid they just play stupid although no doubt they've been ripped off along the way as well.

This is what i reckon has been happening from the word go. It wouldn't suprise me if a lot of the cash that's left the club has found it's way back to the Venky mob. Everything is run on debt etc, doesn't matter what it's secured against, then real cash is bled out via various avenues. They may put some cash back in now and again but basically it's a money merry go round and that's before we mention any betting scams. They aint stupid they just play stupid although no doubt they've been ripped off along the way as well.

If that version is true, and we don't know that it is, then it would make Shaw complicit when he said he backs what Venkys are doing.

So if (when?) the house of cards comes caving in let's not have anyone making excuses for his and absolving him of the blame.

Stuart, Saint Derek! wash your mouth out,

Anyway totally unrelated to the above three or four posts is that laundrette still open at Ewood that used to be on the corner near where Kwik Save was?

Back on topic, we were told at one stage that it was difficult getting money out of India, hence the delay in paying bills etc at one stage? So wouldn't make sense to move your bank rolling of BRFC back to India for the legit businesses would it obviously could just be because of their working relationship with certain Indian banks. Wonder why Barclays got twitchy? wonder why we changed accountants who had a big insight into the club after its dealings over all those years.

Considering we are constantly told that the listed business's only account for a small % of their wealth be interesting to find out where all the money over the past three years as come from and where it eventually ended up, initially perhaps they had 30 odd million stashed under the floorboards for a rainy day. Balaji seems to be one that is happy to keep the sham continuing, must have more money than sense or he thinks we are a decent bet on getting back to the Premiership and back on the gravy train.

Wonder if Desai thinks in retrospect that a majority voting system would be a better system.

Sadly I think the more we flirt with the top 6 the less chance we have Venky's will sell. Whilst the chance remains that they could oversee a promotion and get some cash back then we'll be stuck with them.

Good grief ... I think you could be on to something there. ..... Let's just pray we can turn this current change of fortune round and get relegated eh?

Reading this thread after a week away is like stumbling on to the set of 'One Flew Over The Cukoo's Nest'.

Good grief ... I think you could be on to something there. ..... Let's just pray we can turn this current change of fortune round and get relegated eh?'.

WTF! Have we had a change of fortune ES? As I see it we've been on a downward spiral since these keaners took over, you surely are easily pleased with a couple of results. May I remind you that Coco won at Old Trafford. We have a manager now who isn't going to get us up and could easily get us relegated in the same breath.....The sooner they @#/? off and sell up the better for all concerned

WTF! Have we had a change of fortune ES? As I see it we've been on a downward spiral since these keaners took over, you surely are easily pleased with a couple of results. May I remind you that Coco won at Old Trafford. We have a manager now who isn't going to get us up and could easily get us relegated in the same breath.....The sooner they Kean off and sell up the better for all concerned

You are right of course ... They should just sell up .... I hadn't thought of that ...

Oh ... just a second ... just one teeny-weeny question ... I'm sure you have got the answer ....

WHO TO?

If only a group of fans could meet them and let them know what the feeling is....................................

Enjoy the fells tomorrow NONER.

You are right of course ... They should just sell up .... I hadn't thought of that ...

Oh ... just a second ... just one teeny-weeny question ... I'm sure you have got the answer ....

WHO TO?

Enjoy the fells tomorrow NONER.

Well, you should read the title of the thread....apparently there are interested parties.

Won't it be nice to have a football match tomorrow.

Do those staying away in protest at our owners want us to win?

Hmmm. I am going tomorrow but I do understand those, who are staying away.

All I can say is that last year, during the period when I was boycotting, I kicked every ball, received regular texts from my kids about how we were playing and YES...I wanted Rovers to win.

I think the situation is far more complicated for those who stay away than you are implying. Please don't marginalise them for handling it in a different way than you do yourself. I am sure you haven't forgiven Venky's either?

Archived