BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Currie lines up new bid?

I wasnt expecting that response lol

1st thoughts are Id shoot the keaning bitch if she keaned about :tu:

2nd thoughts are what about the children. maybe they are whats really important and maybe I should forgive her for the sake of the children (the team)

There's no children, lol.

Words and actions are what we have endured as fans and words and actions that don't match. Champions league to championship, close phonetically but not in reality. This season anecdotally we're told we're aiming for promotion but I'm yet to see actions that reflect this intent just more words. They need to do more action wise to convince people to come back.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Words and actions are what we have endured as fans and words and actions that don't match. Champions league to championship, close phonetically but not in reality. This season anecdotally we're told we're aiming for promotion but I'm yet to see actions that reflect this intent just more words. They need to do more action wise to convince people to come back.

If you believe that Bowyer has been given everything he wants - and has said he can achieve promotion - then that is intent.

Many people seem to conveniently forget that against a back drop of limited sales (Olsson) - we bought Marshall, DJ, Marrow and Evans - brought in Cairney and Kane on loan. We also retained the services of Rhodes - when many said we wouldn't. We have maintained a staggeringly high wage bill (even with cut backs) - and yet people still question the commitment to promotion. This isn't football manager - and at some point the club have to have one eye on the fact that next season our parachute payments fall.

I do accept it would help if they opened their mouths and spoke, I've just accepted its never going to happen. Therefore we either stubbornly refuse to budge or make the 1st move. LIS above for the sake of the team (the poor little children lol ) we should all make the 1st move. At the end of the season call her a slag and dump her, but stick with it for now :)

Ok I cant keep this scenario up any longer, we need to get back to real life, Im getting all emotional here about the fake children :tu:

So now I must view the cub as separate entities? Your dealing with emotions here, strong ones and i see that as a bit like asking me to love my missus's for one aspect and stay with her when I cannot stand another aspect after she's been keaning around. (obviously it's not entirely the same but the idea is there)

You see it's the fans that have been wronged and why should they make the first move to reconciliation? If your missus keaned around would you be the one to make the first move after that??? Or would you expect her too? I expect the club I LOVE to make the first move and they haven't for me. just as after a break-up one wronged person would be back after one chat, others will be several chats or never, but they've never even tried one chat. All they've done is send some flowers with please take me back (the ticket offer), sent their mates round to say they've changed (Club staff and players saying everythings better now), I want to hear it from them as they need to PROVE that it's true and they have changed, no amount of anecdotal platitudes will persuade me to take her back. She (the Roa's) needs to talk to me direct as they are the ones who will decide our future, not GB, not the team, not any ticket offer, our owners dictate our future. GB may well get everything running like clock-work behind the scenes, but how long until the Loons do something yet again that negatively influences the 1st team? Because they will, their track record is there to see and they've not even explained why. We've lost 10,000 fans per match since this lot came along so I know there are 10,000 others who like me can't or won't differentiate as you ask at this present moment. Do we see them flocking back in their droves because we're told things are better? No we don't, they'll need more or won't be back at all as when they look at her they don't see the club they fell in love with see a dark shadow of what once was and the love is diminished.

The club (for me it cannot be viewed separately) clearly needs to do more to get people back.

I think that is a very fair position. I know that in trying to hold onto both aspects, I am almost splitting the club into separate entities.

I agree with you that the Venky's are merely adding insult to injury by not having the decency to own the serious damage they have done and give some explanation idea of their future plan.

The club does needs reconciliation but even the most naive probation officer wouldn't expect an innocent home owner to reconcile with a burglar, who not only kept the stolen money but didn't even bother to turn up to the victim/offender meeting!

And I don't buy the cultural differences excuse either. Even doctors in Pune should know you should never dress a dirty wound.

lol@fakechildren

But supporters in various groups etc have made the first move and been constantly ignored. Just recently the trust have made an effort that is still being ignored .It seems that advice from everybody is taken apart from people who actually care about the club. Which breeds suspicion about their motives and its alright Degsy spouting off about how wonderful they are but his bulging back sack is speaking, not a love for the club.

There's no doubting Bowyer has brought some stability and a feel good factor to the playing side of things and do I trust him?, yes, do I think he can get us promotion?, not this year (will be ecstatic if he does) , I would be quite happy to let him build for a couple of seasons, but unfortunately feel he is not going to get the time to do this due to the almighty cock up made over the last three years (and still continuing) which is going to come to an head soon.

Do I support Bowyer -yes, do I support the team - yes , the problem is Blackburn Rovers Football Club is more than what happens on the pitch and off field will be the part that holds the future of the club, so actually coming flat out and trying to ignore people like Derek the Shelf and the confused family in Pune, and forgetting others who have profited from the clubs demise is hard, as you have got to ask the question do these people really give a stuff about the club?. Remember many were quite happy to turn a blind eye to off field goings on when we were still in the Premier League and the rest they say is history. I appreciate that some people can detach the playing side from the non playing side, some can't as is human nature and would be pretty boring if everybody held the same view, but feel it's worth not letting the victors rewrite the history of Blackburn Rovers since November 2010.

lol@fakechildren

But supporters in various groups etc have made the first move and been constantly ignored. Just recently the trust have made an effort that is still being ignored .It seems that advice from everybody is taken apart from people who actually care about the club. Which breeds suspicion about their motives and its alright Degsy spouting off about how wonderful they are but his bulging back sack is speaking, not a love for the club.

There's no doubting Bowyer has brought some stability and a feel good factor to the playing side of things and do I trust him?, yes, do I think he can get us promotion?, not this year (will be ecstatic if he does) , I would be quite happy to let him build for a couple of seasons, but unfortunately feel he is not going to get the time to do this due to the almighty cock up made over the last three years (and still continuing) which is going to come to an head soon.

Do I support Bowyer -yes, do I support the team - yes , the problem is Blackburn Rovers Football Club is more than what happens on the pitch and off field will be the part that holds the future of the club so actually coming flat out and trying to ignore people like Derek the Shelf and the confused family in Pune is hard, as you have got to ask the question do these people really give a stuff about the club?. Remember many were quite happy to turn a blind eye to off field goings on when we were still in the Premier League and the rest they say is history.

Very well put.

If you believe that Bowyer has been given everything he wants - and has said he can achieve promotion - then that is intent.

Many people seem to conveniently forget that against a back drop of limited sales (Olsson) - we bought Marshall, DJ, Marrow and Evans - brought in Cairney and Kane on loan. We also retained the services of Rhodes - when many said we wouldn't. We have maintained a staggeringly high wage bill (even with cut backs) - and yet people still question the commitment to promotion. This isn't football manager - and at some point the club have to have one eye on the fact that next season our parachute payments fall.

FFP is dictated by our income and the Venky's have decimated it in every aspect, TV money, sponsorship, gate receipts, merchandising etc etc all massively down because of them. It's all about cut-backs and not one comment about trying to increase our income? Get one of their shifty mate to sponsor the club? They could even give him the money. But no they do the bare minimum and have given GB the same. Signing as he did wouldn't have been my preferred method Ie numbers over quality (only 3 of the newbies are in the 1st 11). Taylor when we have Nunes, Marrow when we have etuhu, Song'o when we have O'Connell, and so on. I understand he won't to change the atmosphere, but a good manager would have done that anyway (Sam after Ince for example) and not needed 13 players. I'm well aware we need to meet FFP and we're pissing money down the drain but proactive, changed ways and terrific owners look at both sides not just the money out column. you say commitment to promotion and I see half arsed, bit you like you say we hung on to Rhodes and I say but no one bid for him.

lol@fakechildren

Do I support Bowyer -yes, do I support the team - yes , the problem is Blackburn Rovers Football Club is more than what happens on the pitch and off field will be the part that holds the future of the club, so actually coming flat out and trying to ignore people like Derek the Shelf and the confused family in Pune, and forgetting others who have profited from the clubs demise is hard, as you have got to ask the question do these people really give a stuff about the club?. Remember many were quite happy to turn a blind eye to off field goings on when we were still in the Premier League and the rest they say is history. I appreciate that some people can detach the playing side from the non playing side, some can't as is human nature and would be pretty boring if everybody held the same view, but feel it's worth not letting the victors rewrite the history of Blackburn Rovers since November 2010.

Love it. Do you mind if I steal the line? It could be from the lyrics of a surreal Dylan song

" The truth will be told, Babe, and it'll happen soon,

About Derek the Shelf and the confused family in Pune.. "

Seriously, I don't know anyone" who turned a blind eye to the off field stuff".. Yes, my friends. kids and I were all scared s**less, when Kean's appointment was followed by Williams' departure.

Beyond that, there was loads of stuff that I (and others) just didn't know . Much of it is common knowledge now. At the same time, I did know that statistically teams get most of their points at home and that positive support for the team is a key factor in that and in avoiding relegation. For that reason I have to say there was a period, when I was asking people not to boo Kean during games.

In my own defence, I was merely applying ordinary, normal supporter principles and behaviour to what I know now was a completely abnormal situation. Yes, there was a time, when I really I did not know that we had owners, who were deliberately engineering the club's relegation.I didn't know that Kean was part of the plan before the takeover. I hadn't read Andy Cole's article etc

I certainly feel a lot happier about the playing side of things with GB at the helm, but history shows the owners could kean this up in an instant....if we are still mid-table at Christmas, GB could be dumped at the drop of a hat.

Their best effort was to send the Global Idiot to be their eyes and ears, and look where that got us. Stacking shelf salesman would sell is own mother if it meant he kept his job.

The hierarchy above the manager is still a mess - and none of us can have faith it will improve. Absentee owners are never the answer. We have all called for dialogue. One day [hopefully soon] they will announce their departure. No bells or whistles, but it will be on their terms, not anyone elses.

Problem as I see it is that it's an all or nothing season - according to the words of Shaw, which I'm not too sure can be trusted. However the horror story finances do seem to back this up.

So whilst it may seem a sensible approach to rebuilding: giving a man with promise and who knows the club the job, getting young hungry players, trimming the wage bill. BUT if we are stuffed at the end of the season, if we are going to have an embargo and a financial melt down then it's a foolish strategy to take!

I guess it's a bit like trying to rehabilitate someone - helping them get a healthy life style, teaching them to eat better etc. - when if they don't get a serious organ transplant within 12 months they're not going to survive. Common sense tells you that a gradual, steady approach isn't needed - major surgery is, and not doing so is criminal.

I think some, myself included, see the situation as that with Rovers. In different circumstances the "strategy" being taken is pretty good, and Bowyer is doing a decent job. However, what may well be needed is something a lot more drastic.

So now I must view the cub as separate entities? Your dealing with emotions here, strong ones and i see that as a bit like asking me to love my missus's for one aspect and stay with her when I cannot stand another aspect after she's been keaning around. (obviously it's not entirely the same but the idea is there)

You see it's the fans that have been wronged and why should they make the first move to reconciliation? If your missus keaned around would you be the one to make the first move after that??? Or would you expect her too? I expect the club I LOVE to make the first move and they haven't for me. just as after a break-up one wronged person would be back after one chat, others will be several chats or never, but they've never even tried one chat. All they've done is send some flowers with please take me back (the ticket offer), sent their mates round to say they've changed (Club staff and players saying everythings better now), I want to hear it from them as they need to PROVE that it's true and they have changed, no amount of anecdotal platitudes will persuade me to take her back. She (the Roa's) needs to talk to me direct as they are the ones who will decide our future, not GB, not the team, not any ticket offer, our owners dictate our future. GB may well get everything running like clock-work behind the scenes, but how long until the Loons do something yet again that negatively influences the 1st team? Because they will, their track record is there to see and they've not even explained why. We've lost 10,000 fans per match since this lot came along so I know there are 10,000 others who like me can't or won't differentiate as you ask at this present moment. Do we see them flocking back in their droves because we're told things are better? No we don't, they'll need more or won't be back at all as when they look at her they don't see the club they fell in love with see a dark shadow of what once was and the love is diminished.

The club (for me it cannot be viewed separately) clearly needs to do more to get people back.

If that's really how you feel perhaps you should get it completely out of your system. Forget Rovers altogether and stop posting your negatism (is that a word) on this forum. At the moment you and some others (Sparky Marky etc.) are poisoning the minds of others who may otherwise come back into the fold. You never attend. Please stop influencing others.

If that's really how you feel perhaps you should get it completely out of your system. Forget Rovers altogether and stop posting your negatism (is that a word) on this forum. At the moment you and some others (Sparky Marky etc.) are poisoning the minds of others who may otherwise come back into the fold. You never attend. Please stop influencing others.

I think your comments are unfair in the circumstances.

I really don't see anything poisonous in Majiball's articulate post.

Rather than a poisonous substance, the post is just a mirror that reflects various unpalatable truths.

Nevertheless, other things are also true.e.g. Bowyer is turning a previously negative, losing culture into an extremely positive one.

I think your comments are unfair in the circumstances.

I really don't see anything poisonous in Majiball's articulate post.

Rather than a poisonous substance, the post is just a mirror that reflects various unpalatable truths.

Nevertheless, other things are also true.e.g. Bowyer is turning a previously negative, losing culture into an extremely positive one.

I don't agree with you. Maj never attends and I believe that his postings influence others not to attend either. My opinion of course.

Problem as I see it is that it's an all or nothing season - according to the words of Shaw, which I'm not too sure can be trusted. However the horror story finances do seem to back this up.

So whilst it may seem a sensible approach to rebuilding: giving a man with promise and who knows the club the job, getting young hungry players, trimming the wage bill. BUT if we are stuffed at the end of the season, if we are going to have an embargo and a financial melt down then it's a foolish strategy to take!

I guess it's a bit like trying to rehabilitate someone - helping them get a healthy life style, teaching them to eat better etc. - when if they don't get a serious organ transplant within 12 months they're not going to survive. Common sense tells you that a gradual, steady approach isn't needed - major surgery is, and not doing so is criminal.

I think some, myself included, see the situation as that with Rovers. In different circumstances the "strategy" being taken is pretty good, and Bowyer is doing a decent job. However, what may well be needed is something a lot more drastic.

A perfect summing up.

lol@fakechildren

As much as folk want to hear from Venkys direct. I suppose we have to ask who is influencing these forum talks,

Bowyer, Shaw, Dunn have all attended these things. Did either of them ask to attend these forums and phone ins. Or were they told to do it.

If the latter, maybe this is from instructions given by venkys. It does not of course excuse them for past mistakes and sheer stupidity.

It was reported that Dunn said that Venkys had received advice, from folk no longer involved at the club, in the early days.

Although we all know that. It was still a big admission for anybody from the club to make.

I don't agree with you. Maj never attends and I believe that his postings influence others not to attend either. My opinion of course.

Which bit...that he is reflecting truth or that his post isn't poison?

Is mine also poison because I manage to maintain my lack of trust in Venky's, as well as my recognition of Bowyer's positivity?

As regards Majiball's posts, I would say it is a mistake to confuse poison with an obvious passion for Blackburn Rovers, whether he is currently attending or not...My opinion only....

What I find far more galling is the ease at which some fans revel, yes revel, in attacking those who have decided, with much anguish, not to support the Venky regime. Even after they have articulated their reasons why, for the umpteenth bloody time.

That is far more poisonous than any glib negative comments. As is wishing this forum to be a censored and sanitised version of reality. It's all rather sad.

It is possible to wish the team good fortunes whilst not actually attending. 1000's of Rovers fans do it every day. As it is also possible at the same time to keep in mind the financial dire straits the club is in and the future pain that is seemingly around the corner. Only the most ignorant would think otherwise.

That is my opinion. Shout me down. Dismiss me as a non-attender, and thus alienate most Rovers fans worldwide if you want. Frankly my dear I don't give a damn.

What I find far more galling is the ease at which some fans revel, yes revel, in attacking those who have decided, with much anguish, not to support the Venky regime. Even after they have articulated their reasons why, for the umpteenth bloody time.

Never occurred to you that this might be why you 'anguished' types find themselves (oh, the humanity!) under attack?

First you are 'anguished' at those that 'revel' in 'attacking' you, now you are quoting Rhett Butler. Calm down,get yourself a tub of Hagen Dazs and watch 'Mama Mia'. That way you might stop spamming the board with the same tired rhetoric.

Archived