BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Striker

Neal

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol: Not heard of the lad at Rochdale. Good player?

Lots of clubs watching him. Todays Rochdale Observer say Wolves are sniffing around. Rumours on the Dale site of a £ 300k bid from them. He's rated highly by the faithful at Spotland and Holt, LeFondre, Murray and Lambert all made their names there recently. I've not seen him play so I can't add much to the story.

:lol: Not heard of the lad at Rochdale. Good player?

he's doing well there scoring and creating, they released him, he went non league for a year and now he's easily there main man having signed in the summer. he may need a bit longer before he's ready for the championship but if his current form continues he'd be worth the punt

he's doing well there scoring and creating, they released him, he went non league for a year and now he's easily there main man having signed in the summer. he may need a bit longer before he's ready for the championship but if his current form continues he'd be worth the punt

I've never seen him play but I'd say he's a better bet than Best now. I wonder if the 'Dale would do a straight swap !

Aren't we in debt anyway!! Might as well just buy a few more strikers on large wages and offer them 10 year contracts. We could even sell Rhodes, Dunn and Rochina.

If we really search around i'm sure we can find a few whose legs have gone a few years ago and have huge egos....you know the type- like sitting on the bench, love twitter, can't spell!!

With our bleak outlook decent players and their agents are hardly going to be wetting themselves at the prospect of signing for BRFC are they? I'd imagine that the best that we could hope for would be Shefki Kuqi.

! sorry TJ.... just read your post. Great minds eh?

We have Rhodes and both Rochina and Dunn to compete to play off him. No one will take Best or DJ so they can be back up.

If we are to sign a player, then our biggest weakness is in goal.

Quite right. Always build from the back.

This bloke has 12 in 81 over 5 years. Would we not be better trying to bring someone through from our u21 ranks rather than splurging more cash out on someone with such a meagre goals return who probably won't get in our team anyway. You would even back Campbell or Best to score ahead of this fella..

This bloke has 12 in 81 over 5 years. Would we not be better trying to bring someone through from our u21 ranks rather than splurging more cash out on someone with such a meagre goals return who probably won't get in our team anyway. You would even back Campbell or Best to score ahead of this fella..

Not sure it's just about scoring, it's more the hold up play when playing it long, which could bring other players into the game.

he is a target man type of striker we need in the squad. we dont have this IMO in the squad

Agreed Chad.

For those complaining about his goal tally - I get the felling that more often than not he will be used as an outlet when it's backs to the wall. Not as our main talisman.

If he's decent back to goal and can hold it up and bring the '3' behind into the game then I would be happy to see him arrive. Something we've been crying out for since we lost Yak, and could be absolutely key to us relieving pressure away from home.

Only question would be is he here to sit on the bench and do the last 25mins or is he here to partner Rhodes?

Might I add Sam Vokes had only scored 20 odd in nearly 150 games before this season. He's just banged in 9 in 15. I'd take that at the moment, wouldn't you?

No we dont, any time we have played with Best and Rhodes for example, that has left us outnumbered in midfield and leads to lots of long ball which leaves Rhodes redundant.

Rhodes plays better with someone like Dunn linking him and the rest of the team, which youd have seen if you attended games.

Archived