BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Striker

Neal

We have had nigh on two weeks to sign a striker but typically of Rovers everything is left until late. Perhaps if Bowyer and Shaw hadn't been summoned to India the previous week some business may have been done.

To be fair thats a valid point

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Totally agree buut as long as spoilt rich kids are allowed to buy vanity projects and then mismanage them out of existance this is going to happen. Who suffers....us.

The bitterest pill to swallow is our inability to do anything about this dreadful situation...we'll just be left to pick up the smouldering pieces of a once proud club that so many fans have put their hearts and souls into for generations.

So painful to bear witness to is this.

There is no logical reason to delay signing him if we needed him. Bowyer seems a practical sensible chap

2+2 tells me there is a good reason for it happening on monday and we just dont know it

Perhaps Del Boy Shaw is arguing over the % of wages we pay? , Cardiff want us to pay 50% but Del Boy and his magic pen is arguing we should pay 150% and he needs two agents on a % of course to just make sure the loan deal goes through ok :)

Think Spurr has been a revelation this season, maybe because we've had to watch the Olsson twins for a couple of years but he reminds me of a Warnock type, solid and committed and boy can he throw.

Would love to see us ship out Besty, Campbell, Taylor and replace with Soriano of Red Bull Salzburg (2million rated) and Jean Marie Dongou on loan from Barcelona B.

It's strange how people accept we don't have a pot to piddle in, and yet seem surprised when we start rummaging around the bargain bin.

We don't have a target-man in the squad. If he plays a bit-part role, this Gestede fella sounds like he'd still contribute more than any of the other strikers who aren't Rhodes.

Kamy says on Twitter that Gestede is close to joining on loan. Bit surprised that we are finally bringing in a striker when Dunn and Rochina have returned to fitness as I'd imagine Bowyer will play 4-4-1-1 as he did for the first few matches of the season. Not bad to have another option though as Best quite clearly can't play the target man role.

Kamy says on Twitter that Gestede is close to joining on loan. Bit surprised that we are finally bringing in a striker when Dunn and Rochina have returned to fitness as I'd imagine Bowyer will play 4-4-1-1 as he did for the first few matches of the season. Not bad to have another option though as Best quite clearly can't play the target man role.

decent loan signing. finally gives us a plan B and another proper striker to play with Rhodes if we go 4-4-2.

He was meant to sign on Friday but alas couldn't get the paper work sorted,

Derek may have been too busy with his other job, well Christmas is coming up hectic time in the retail business!!( the first bit is correct I kid you not!!)

The fax machine still playing up it seems

Derek may have been too busy with his other job, well Christmas is coming up hectic time in the retail business!!( the first bit is correct I kid you not!!)

If thats true and he had of signed Friday, he might have played we might have won, so the shelf stacker could have lost us 2 points, the knob, :wstu: I know to many might haves

Presumably Derek's still dithering around the fax machine then as we're now four days on!

Don't you suspect it has more to do with GB visiting loonland? No striker before and now one coming in, to me just means we had zero cash before and now we have a 5p piece!

Archived