BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Striker

Neal

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But Evans is injured and by the time he's fit again Cairney could have left. Cairney isn't our player and whilst I don't disagree that he's one of the better ones we have to make him the fulcrum of our team is silly. Tranmere did that last year with Gibson and the Wolves striker, when they left in Jan so did Tranmere's ambitions of promotion. Unless we can get him here in Jan or at least extend the loan, I think we're better of looking at the alternatives we will have here in May.

The trouble is the key to getting cairney is cairney himself. In the days of player power we need him to want to come here. How open to a deal will he be if he has to play wide right at a club facing financial oblivion

Makes sense as I was wondering how much he would be earning.

Doubt Best or Campbell will be happy him going straight into the team. Dare I say it, is Rhodes bullet proof? His supporters think so, but if persisting with a five man midfield and one up top I wonder what Bowyer is thinking? Great to have an alternative option anyway and although I personally do not know a lot about the player, some friends who follow Cardiff think he is a good acquisition for us.

I couldn't care less about Best and I'm not that impressed with Campbell. If they want to play they need to shape up, rapid.

The trouble is the key to getting cairney is cairney himself. In the days of player power we need him to want to come here. How open to a deal will he be if he has to play wide right at a club facing financial oblivion

I would say the key to getting Cairney isn't Cairney but the bank of India, as he can want to come here all he wants, but if we cannot pay for it?

I would say the key to getting Cairney isn't Cairney but the bank of India, as he can want to come here all he wants, but if we cannot pay for it?

Well thats another point. No way Hull accept installments after the accounts we posted. So any deal willl have to be paid in full. Cant see the bank agreeing, so that leaves us needing owners cash probably in the form of another loan

I couldn't care less about Best and I'm not that impressed with Campbell. If they want to play they need to shape up, rapid.

I wasn't sticking up for those two, just wondering about squad harmony following the comment from the new player stating he would be getting immediate game time seemingly irrespective of how everyone else had been fairing.

Best and Campbell have both been shocking since they've been at the Club and neither could have any legitimate complaint whatsoever if the new guy went straight into the side, though Leon will no doubt take to Twitter again if that happens.

I'd be more concerned about the effect on Rochina. I find it a bit strange that now he is finally fit we've signed this bloke as I'd much rather see Cairney moved more centrally and the ball channelled through him and Rochina than hoofed long to a target man.

That said, it's difficult to see how the new guy wouldn't be an improvement on Best and Campbell to date so in that respect a new body on board is welcome.

Well you could say Best does'nt exactly wear himself out for one.

Was that not because he simply just got fed up of watching waiting for the ball whilst Lowe and the gang passed it around themselves only to pass back to Jake for him to boom it upfield or out of play.

I can see us playing like this if we rest Rhodes:

Kean

Kane, Dann, Hanley, Spurr

......Williamsson, Lowe, Cairney.....

Rochina............................King

...................Gestede........................

Can't really see GB resting Rhodes and I don't think he should ,I think Gestede will start on the bench and he'll bring him on to open it up

for Rhodes if we're struggling, just hope he does'nt leave his subs too late though !

Best and Campbell have both been shocking since they've been at the Club and neither could have any legitimate complaint whatsoever if the new guy went straight into the side, though Leon will no doubt take to Twitter again if that happens.

I'd be more concerned about the effect on Rochina. I find it a bit strange that now he is finally fit we've signed this bloke as I'd much rather see Cairney moved more centrally and the ball channelled through him and Rochina than hoofed long to a target man.

That said, it's difficult to see how the new guy wouldn't be an improvement on Best and Campbell to date so in that respect a new body on board is welcome.

Yes I wonder that too, but given Best and Campbell's utter lack of effort and ability respectively it's probably one position we need cover for very badly. If Rhodes is injured or having a bad day, who else do you put in? So probably not a bad move in that respect.

Although to be honest I think maybe Dunn/Rochina would get more out of Rhodes than the new lad, creating space and bringing players into the game, and am not sure this lad is better physically than Dunn/Rochina are creatively. However, it certainly gives us more much needed options - especially given due to fitness/consistency our creative players aren't the most reliable either! Certainly gives a lot more covet and options. Who knows maybe even a plan B!

I think this signing doesn't really pose a great threat to Jordan or Campbell who will be used on the right when played. Think it spells the end for best and gives us a better plan B.

Totally agree about a better plan B - and unlike some dont think this necessarily means problems for Dunn or Rochina - it just means we can mix it up a bit better - the need for which was obvious in our last match. Be interesting to see if Bowyer follows the Souness approach - who.used Hughes to soften up the centre halves and the brought on Bent against a tiring defence.

Orr isn't even getting a place on the bench at Blackpool.

I think that might be because he's now injured.

This is certainly not a supportive comment about him.

From what I've seen,a very poor full back in the Premier who has very few positive qualities in the championship.

Don' get me started on the absolute disgrace of his salary.

I think this signing doesn't really pose a great threat to Jordan or Campbell who will be used on the right when played. Think it spells the end for best and gives us a better plan B.

The new lad should have bags of energy as he has a business selling energy drinks, roped in Craig Bellamy and Bacary Sagna as well.

Bit of an entrepreneur !!

Maybe he will try to get Venky's Xprs to sell his products. :huh::wacko:

Seems like a good signing.

Plan A is Jordan with Rochina/Dunn behind

Plan B is Jordan and Gestede

Plan B should have involved Best but he doesn't seem up for it. I don't really think he is a target man anyway, he's tall but he isn't that great in the air and doesn't hold the ball up as well as he should. I reckon he thinks he's a much more skillful player than that.

I don't really get the negativity towards DJ, he's not had much of a chance this season, first an injury after a bad tackle, then a sending off where he was defending himself... He is just being tainted by his friendship with Best.

I don't think we should have signed as he is too similar to Rhodes and too well paid to be on the bench but he is here and I can't think of a better back up to JR, lots of other Championship clubs would have him.

Archived