BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Reading

I don't remember Best being a problem elsewhere, maybe the problem is the manager's inexperience...although there's not many quality players left at the club anymore to have an attitude....bowyer out!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2044890/Giovanni-Trapattoni-stands-firm-decision-shun-Newcastles-Leon-Best-Ireland-squad.html

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whats annoying is that we are ignoring players based on comments made in the social media that aren't offensive at all.

It's a storm in the teacup yet I've seen people on twitter say he shouldn't play for us again because of this.

I don't rate Best as a player but these comments are irrelevant and people are completely exaggerating them.

Championship trivia Quiz

1. What percentage of our points have we won at home?
2. Which team has the lowest average attendance (7411)?
3. Rhodes has scored 3 penalties in his 10 goals. Overall what percentage of goals scored in the Championship are penalties?
4. Here’s a weird fact. If you play Reading, there is one 15 minute period where more than twice as many goals are scored than in any other period. Guess which period.
5. Who is the current top scorer in the Championship?
6. Which team’s fans were subject to homophobic gestures by CKR?
7. Rhodes has a total of 30 shots on goal so far. Who has 28?
8. 15 games gone. Who are the four ever-present out-field players?

Last match B&HA
9. Which player was the only Rover to rate in the top 5 for this game. He made the most passes (46), had the highest successful pass rate (91%), had the most shots (4), made the most crosses (10) and won the most free kicks (4)!
10. Who was Brighton’s Mom? He also made the Championship team of the week.

Answers: 1. 68%, 2. YT, 3. 8.5%, 4. 76-90 min. of course! Get ready for a nervous finish, 5. McCormack (LU), 6. B&HA, 7. JKg, 8. JL JR TK TS, 9. TC, 10. Goalie Kuszczak

Q8. Hasn't Kean played in all 15 (league) games?

Eastwood played against Carlisle but that makes it 16 fixtures.

My apologies, you are correct. I overlooked the fact that ESPN goalie stats are given in a separate table. I've edited the question.

Here's a bonus question to make up for it:

Which Reading player is in the current Championship Team of the Season?

Goalie (again!) McCarthy

I don't remember Best being a problem elsewhere, maybe the problem is the manager's inexperience...although there's not many quality players left at the club anymore to have an attitude....bowyer out!

Spot on, this is definitely the reason to get rid of Bowyer, because he's not getting the best out of that international class forward Best, who keeps his head down, never causes any trouble and always puts a shift in. The lad has no previous, certainly none this season, and a glittering career up till Rovers - it clearly shows the manager is inadequate by not making use of such a powerhouse.

Same with Big Sam - Venkys were right to show him the boot because he couldn't motivate Benni McCarthy. Showed what an absolute duffer of a manager he was too - not being able to motivate the chap who'd never had attitude or weight issues before, and for a world cup in his home country was able to whip himself into shape :wacko:

Back on the game - the more I reflect on it the more I can see a high scoring draw or loss. Reading are pretty handy going forward and we look a bit fragile defensively. But with Dunn and Rochina possibly back, and King and Rhodes I feel we too are capable of scoring. I really think Reading are one of the best teams in the division, and the longer the season goes, the more this will show. I've a feeling that'll show itself today and would be happy with a draw.

IMO our season and hopes of promotion won't be won or lost on today's game - it's beating weaker team consistently home and away where we'll (possibly) mount a sneaky charge towards play offs. However at the risk of being too cliched a point today would be a big point. Help get moral and some momentum back after the Brighton debacle and give us a platform on which to build on.

So I'm going with 3-3, us working hard for our goals, and giving soft ones away. Rhodes, King and Dunn the scorers

Well they say you can't polish a turd. But it seems you can train one to use a keyboard.

Sad to see so little activity on the match-thread, but I kinda understand it with everything else going on.

I have not been keeping up to date with the squad over the international break - anyone know todays squad? I know both Rhodes and Hanley didn't play against Norway presumably because they were injured - are they both still out or available?

Will as always be listening to the game on Radio Rovers and hope we can win this, but with all the financial turmoil surrounding the club and whatnot I won't get my hopes up. Must admit though that this will just be a time-killer while I'm waiting for Doctor Who 50th anniversary episode.

Oh...and the "Play it again"-bit on Rovers Player almost brought a tear to mye eye. Showed the 4-2 game where Tugay scored an absolute screamer, Benni got two and Roque one. Looking at that team...damn...it really hurts...those were the days!

Should be a good game today. Rochina and Dunn fit is a bonus as I think they bring things to a game that will help Rhodes. Hope Hanley is back in the side (probably have a stinker now I've said that!). GK and RB are still my main worries.

Come on Rovers, its gonna be chilly on Ewood today but regular goal celebrations will help us keep warm!!

• Backroom

Dunn and Rhodes up top means we will make chances and more than likely take them......until Dunn limps off.....and then Rochina comes on

Got a good feeling about this, uh oh!

Has Rochina played any reserve matches? I wouldn't expect much from him at the moment.

Playing two DMs at home isn't very ambitious. Would prefer Cairney in the middle with Lowe, and Marshall or Taylor out wide.

• Backroom

Agree Toppers I hope he proves me wrong but for all his class Cairney is a wasted shirt out wife he just doesn't contribute, put him with Lowe and Taylor / judge / Marshall in on the wing

We signed 3 of them may as well play one

Edit toppers meet back here at about 5 to argue about keans performance

Got a good feeling about this, unfortunately I'm usually wrong.

So 3-1 Rovers, Rhodes hat trick with new thread started about how this proves he's not a team player as he should have passed for two of the goals and let somebody else score.

Dunny to get real injured.

Kean drops a clanger for their goal , probably from a cross

Dann's feet actually rise more than 5 inch off the ground and he wins an header.

• Backroom

how's kean looking?

Fine was just put under pressure on a corner and was fouled but still half dealt with it

Danns left a couple of things for him as well, hopefully the break has relaxed a few players

Dunn and King our obvious outlets so far

• Backroom

Just had a good chance with Rhodes through on the touch line but not many in the box and the pull back was woeful

Cairney good effort just tipped over

Archived