BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jack O'Connell

Dale fan

Hi Rovers fans

Just thought I'd let you know that if not next year then the year after, Jack O'Connell will be a regular starter at centre half for Rovers. He has been outstanding for Rochdale this year and it's hard to believe he's only 19. He's as strong as an ox, left-footed and can pass a ball too. Rumour is we have him on loan till the end of the season so we'll look after him for you.

We had Ryan Edwards last year but he's not a patch on O'Connell and to be honest he struggled even in division 4.

Cheers and good luck.

Hi Rovers fans

Just thought I'd let you know that if not next year then the year after, Jack O'Connell will be a regular starter at centre half for Rovers. He has been outstanding for Rochdale this year and it's hard to believe he's only 19. He's as strong as an ox, left-footed and can pass a ball too. Rumour is we have him on loan till the end of the season so we'll look after him for you.

We had Ryan Edwards last year but he's not a patch on O'Connell and to be honest he struggled even in division 4.

Cheers and good luck.

Maybe hes at his right level dale fan.

Hi Rovers fans

Cheers and good luck.

Good to hear. Really highly rated at Rovers.

• Backroom

O'Connor. He's a rb I believe.

Surprised we haven't seen more of O'Sullivan this season, he looks a real talent. Raheem Hanley is pretty good as well.

Hanley seems to have been near to the team for a long time I doubt he'll ever make it like many before him

Usually if they are going to make an impact they do it with a bang

Cannot be any worse than Dann ...

Bit unfair Dann is overpaid I imagine but he and Bear Head are a strong ch partnership in this Div. Danns fault is that he appears to think he is another Beckenbauer despite the fact that 90% of his long passes are to directly to centre halves who just happen to be standing right next to JR.

Dann sold, O'connell in his place - A couple of million off the debt or into the 'sack Leon Best' fund.

Easy ;)

Not sure if serious, but yeah, let's dilute this young team of even more experience. Dann & Hanley have been Rovers' steadiest performers this season. It's not worth jeopardizing that partnership for a couple of mill, if the alternative is a 19 year-old playing in League Two.

Not sure if serious, but yeah, let's dilute this young team of even more experience. Dann & Hanley have been Rovers' steadiest performers this season. It's not worth jeopardizing that partnership for a couple of mill, if the alternative is a 19 year-old playing in League Two.

Agree with you.

Trouble is I think we could do with selling one of our valuable players to help pay off deadwood. Who would you choose out of those people would pay for?

Agree with you.

Trouble is I think we could do with selling one of our valuable players to help pay off deadwood. Who would you choose out of those people would pay for?

Promotion is the priority, first and foremost, and I wouldn't do anything to risk that. £90m+ in the bank and we can shift the deadwood.

I think Ruben will go if we get an offer. Cant see him fetching a big fee, but can imagine he'd shift a good bit off the wage bill

After that we just need to pray some idiot comes in for some of the real deadwood ie best / orr / goodwillie / nunes etc

Agree with you.

Horrible question.

In order, one of, or all the first three:

Orr - £

Etuhu - £

Best - obviously - £

Campbell - £

Rochina - ££

Lowe - ££

Dann - £££

Hanley - £££

I agree, it's a big step up from Rochdale's league to our division, especially for a centre half. Craig Dawson was a one man army at Rochdale but he's nowhere near the team at WBA.

Watched the highlights and they seemed to have the measure of dirty leeds. I don't know what it is but there's something about Rochdale as a club that I like.

I also like the honesty of the Macclesfield chairman in saying that they played for a replay in the last twenty minutes or so for the money.

I also like the honesty of the Macclesfield chairman in saying that they played for a replay in the last twenty minutes or so for the money.

He must be confident that Macclesfield will win the replay because if the winner draws Man Utd at Old Trafford in the next round which would make more money that or a replay? I know the reply is a guarentee payment but it could be a case of quoting Jim Bowen, "Look what you could have won"

plus the way Utd are playing there would have been a chance of getting into 5th round.

People saying that there is a massive step up from the 2 leagues below to the Championship, is there really that much of a step? In the last few seasons we've seen teams get double promotions. That would indicate that there isn't maybe that much of a difference.

Yes the championship is better but I'd say the gaps between the lower leagues and championship aren't as big as the gap between championship and premiership.

If Dann does get sold I wonder if we'll see Kilgallon and Hanley as first choice with Jack bought back to provide cover and push for a first team place. Let's not forget the impact a young Phil Jones made when thrust into the first team at CB.

Archived