BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Manchester City v Rovers Third Round Replay

Paul

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Time to get Campbell off for Gestede. He's losing the physical battle against the likes of Lescott & Richards, not to mention he's on a yellow.

Maybe leave as is for 10-15mins then switch to 442 and play rudy and DJ. If we take DJ off we are short of options if we decide to chase the game

Good display first half, would liked to have seen a bit more composure on the ball when we've had a sniff of goal as that's the only way we're going to get anything out of this game. Otherwise, impressive stuff from Cairney again and a real hard working team performance so far. I'm impressed...so far, shame we conceded right before half time otherwise there would be a lot more cause for optimism. However, it will probably mean that we commit too many men forward 2nd half trying to force an equaliser and City will break and score a couple more.

Another good 45 minutes where our lads haven't disgraced themselves whatsoever. A few personal thoughts.

Lowe - If we don't want him then someone else most certainly will. Terrific performance.

Cairney - What a cracking little player this is. Composed and brave. That is in terms of taking possession of the ball when other wouldn't.

Williamson - Another who has been disciplined and composed.

Campbell - looks very short of match fitness. I'd have Gestede on second half.

Marshall - Looks like he's doing a specific job. Had a few opportunities to run at his fullback and chose not to.

Taylor - Love this bloke. Real ankle biter.

Robinson - Still worries me if I'm honest.

Too bad with the goal, but before the game started I expected us to be down by 2-3 goals in the 1st half. Cairney and Henley has been good with Cairney as our stand out player. The boys should be proud if they can keep this up, keep the scoreline low and possibly nick a goal. Bit worrying that Robinson seems rusty and still doesn't fill me with confidence. We're still in it though. Bring on Gestede and see what happens!

Archived