BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] video clip? can anyone help?

hi, sorry if this is in the wrong section, but I was hoping someone might have a link to a goal clip I would love to see again? with the FA cup in our minds, and memories of beating Arsenal still fresh, I got to thinking about when we beat Liverpool at Anfield in 2000.i know it was on tv... Nathan blake scored the winner. but, as hard as I have searched, I can't find a clip of the goal.

thanks in advance

Bizare how this game is so understated and forgotten, was a fairly big upset really. My daughter was born a couple of days before and I remember silently leaping round the living room when Blake scored while she was sleeping in her wee basket. Would love to see the goal again if anyone's got it.

That was the year after we were first relegated form the premier league and it was a real surprise at the time. Not too sure why it isn't available, it was on Sky, so perhaps the archive department can help. I believe a certain agent has some influence there, have you tried him?

WOW! I didn't realise the game was that rough. It's a wonder six or seven players weren't sent off.

How on earth didn't you bazza? They knew they couldn't hope to match as at football so they set out to bully us out of it. Dunn and Duff in particular came in for some fearful treatment but the Padiham thug's late stud first lunge into Friedels ribs when he had the ball comfortably in his hands was imo an easy automatic red card decision for the ref. Truth is that day 4-0 would not have flattered the Rovers given the obvious gulf in class. The violence rose because we had failed to add to McAteers goal leaving Burnley with a chance to get something out of the game. If Hughes incredible miss had gone in the floodgates would have opened.

The most emotionally charged atmosphere in aggressive terms of any match that I have ever been to.

Header wasn't it? If it's the game I'm thinking of they battered us. It was robbery.

Very sweet as I was watching on TV with a few Liverpool fans.

Yeah it was a header. I was there, very suprising result at the time. Gerard was moved to right back they were that worried by Duff.

'Twas a shocker, indeed. I used to get no end of grief from most of the glory-supporters at school for following Rovers. I can still remember walking into English the morning after with a swagger in my step, all of them sitting with heads down, not a peep out of 'em. Looking back, I probably should've milked it some more.

Header wasn't it? If it's the game I'm thinking of they battered us. It was robbery.

Very sweet as I was watching on TV with a few Liverpool fans.

I thought it was a right foot shot. May be wrong though.

I can describe it for you - Blake ambles in off the right wing moving the ball onto his left foot. Half hits a shot left footed which sort of bobbles it's way into the far corner of the net. Whoopee ,

It was no bobbler, im sure he hit it sweetly and it flew into the net, we were all behind the goal where he scored.

Archived