BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nottingham Forest vs. Rovers - Saturday 18th January 2014

With two (poor) DM's and only one up front we play far too far back and teams can attack us with impunity and don't need to defend too much against us.

When will the manager see what 95% of the fans can see.

Get one of them off and Dunn on.

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1-2 down at HT is just about respectable FGS but 2 down after 20 minutes isn't.

We've probably given ourselves too much to do again today as often seems to be case. Far from shutting up shop we seem to ship goals for fun most of the time playing with the two defensive midfielders. No pressure on the opposition.

The effect of the 2 defensive midfielders anchoring our team too deep and inviting pressure doesn't seem to hit home with Bowyer.

It helped us to 3 nil down against Brum in the first half, then at half time Bowyer changed it - took Williamson off and moved Cairney central and we came back with 2 goals.

Leaving that day I thought I had seen the last of Williamson and Lowe pushing Cairney out wide.

But it seems not.

Sorry, why are we pleased that Reading are winning? Now sitting in 6th.

And @#/? to Forest being a better side than us. They were 4 points ahead of us at kick-off. They've had a better first half, but this is a must-win. We're around the playoffs and we need to stay there, simple as.

Can see the point in having two defending midfielders away from home, break up play and quickly shift to counter with two quick wingers. A few problems today tough, the two def mid cant play a forward pass fast enough to save their lifes. The one that can is stuck as right wing. Shift Lee for Cairney and drop Lee for King.

I can see it too but it can only make sense if the midfielders have quality. Which they don't.

So, the first change should be Williamson or Lowe for Dunn. Dunn playing behind Gestede.

If nothing changes, around 60 min, Lowe or Williamson for Rhodes and play 4-4-2.

• Backroom

One unappreciated part of Rhodes game is his coolness from the spot, I was just thinking if we won a penalty now would you be confident of anyone despatching it?

Gestede seems to kind of striker to try and place it and make it easy for the keeper.

Right let's be fearless now and go at them

One unappreciated part of Rhodes game is his coolness from the spot, I was just thinking if we won a penalty now would you be confident of anyone despatching it?

Gestede seems to kind of striker to try and place it and make it easy for the keeper.

Right let's be fearless now and go at them

Cairney?

Thing is everyone says 2 def mids but is that what Lowe is. I rarely see him make a tackle. Teams play one twos around him with ease. He cannot pass. He doesn't contribute going forward. 1 goal and possibly no assists in his whole rovers career. Ok he runs around a lot but how does that benefit us.

At least Williamson gets stuck in. What I don't understand is why when Evans got injured bowyer decided to take cairney out of the middle as well.

• Backroom

Thought Rhodes would be on for Rudy after an hour if jt was going to plan

Its not gone to plan as such so would have liked to see them together

Still Rhodes v tired defence should mean some opportunities

Archived