BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nottingham Forest vs. Rovers - Saturday 18th January 2014

Hope nobody minds me starting this thread, no names down in the preview list.

Looking forward to making my first trip to the City Ground. Any recommendations? Food, beer, sites etc.

Going to be a tough game, crucial two fixtures for us against East Midlands teams with Derby at home on 25th January, 4 points from these two would be excellent.

Hopefully Dann and Rhodes will be back in contention.

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hmm big game but i feel a loss coming here, forrest are very good at home, although we played well in the home game they still managed to snatch a win in the dying moments.

forrest are on a bit of form at the minute and i don't think that 5-0 loss to city helped (even though they did us proud) robbo may be injured so to Rhodes (lies) and dann (lies) i can see forrest winning 2-0 or 3-1 maybe. i do hope i am wrong though as i would love a win, we seem to be better away then at home recently.

big game so the best have to start and we must go for it, no negativity .. evans is in contention to be fit to play this Saturday too.

--------------------------------ROBBO-------------------------

--HENLEY------HANLEY-------DANN------SPURR

---------------------------------LOWE--------------------------

-----------------------EVANS-----CAIRNEY-----------------

--TAYLOR-------------------------------------MARSHALL--

---------------------------RHODES---------------------------

or if evans just isn't fit enough put gestede upfront with Rhodes but keep the same lineup (cairney with lowe in middle)

Its been a while since we've been to an away game, I think the last one was Blackpool away last season and that performance almost finished us off! (Etuhu you’re a disgrace to the profession)

But we’ve decided to make the trip to Forest on Saturday because the side deserves our support and the manager deserves our support. Despite the defeat last night I felt a certain amount of pride in the side which I’ve not felt for a very long time and the support was phenomenal.

I still don’t think we’ll go up this season, but the feel good factor is returning, in our house at any rate.

With over a 1000 tickets already sold it should be another good following and I’m really looking forward to it.

1-2 Rovers :tu:

After Wednesday night I'd be amazed if we get anything out of this. I don't think people realise how a defeat like that can drain confidence and spirit out of players.

Robinson is our most important player and we need him back. Without him Eastwood will continue to give away goals like he did in his previous spell in the first team and as we saw against City..

It's simple for me, if Robbo plays we have a chance of some kind of result. If he doesn't we will lose comfortably 0-2 or 3 because his presence just seems to make the defence more compact and sure footed whatever the rest of the line up is. Oh and Campbell must be dropped.

It's simple for me, if Robbo plays we have a chance of some kind of result. If he doesn't we will lose comfortably 0-2 or 3 because his presence just seems to make the defense more compact and sure footed whatever the rest of the line up is. Oh and Campbell must be dropped.

It's not just his presence, the guy actually commands his defence.

Particularly in the game against Doncaster, from my seat, you could clearly hear him constantly shouting at the defenders and organising them. Compare that with Eastwood or Kean who I hardly ever hear anything from until after they've picked the ball out of the net.

That kind of experience & organisational skill cannot be underestimated and, IMO, could easily be the difference between us making the play-offs comfortably or ending up mid table.

On the game itself I'll be happy with a draw down there and think we'll get it. 1-1 (Marshall)

Similar to Gav - feel the need to show my support.

The good news is my 6 year old is on a 6 match unbeaten run having never seen Rovers lose.

All of his away matches have ended up in a 1-1 draw.

Feel Adam Rochina is spot on with the team line up @ 4-5-1 or a more positive 4-4-2 with Gested and Rhodes up front.

Please no Williamson though. Whilst he will always have a special place due to his efforts at t'turf he doesn't bring much to us - a v poor mans version of Lowe.

COYB - get behind the biys and lets see if we can take 1500-2000.

Always look forward to a visit to the City Ground, it has a good old fashioned feel about it and its always a good atmosphere there, unlike in these modern bowls. Hopefully we will sell our allocation out, and let's hope its a better game than on that cold October night last year.

Hope we playing with an attacking team like at Leeds, I'd go with.

Robinson

Henley Dann Hanley Spurr

Marshall Williamson Cairney King

Rhodes Gestede

1-0 Rovers - Rhodes

2 days to recover before playing a team above us in the league who have been preparing all week.

I hope a cup hangover doesn't hurt us. Cairney, marshall and taylor can't be as fresh and sharp as they would have been.

If we win this it would be a massive achievement. I am worried we won't when we perhaps could have done.

if we had my fifa 14 team we could walk this :rover:

-----------hart-----

--flavio--sakho--cahill--

-pastore--prowse---hazard

------------munian--------

---Rhodes--lopez--kane--

for some reason i am pretty confident...

no idea why....

having said that, going with my daughter who has yet to witness an away win after countless away games

i`d go with the same team as Amarillo has picked and go for the win

COYB

could you not leave her at home :P

I'm expecting Bowyer to go with his usual line up of Cairney on the right hand side.

I don't personally mind this as I can see why he goes for it.

With Cairney on the right he cuts inside and still plays the same kind of balls he would in the centre but we have Williamson and Lowe protecting the back four (granted they don't always do their jobs well).

I'm expecting..

Robinson
Henley, Dann, Hanley, Spurr

Cairney, Williamson, Lowe, Marshall

Gestede, Rhodes

I'm expecting Bowyer to go with his usual line up of Cairney on the right hand side.

I don't personally mind this as I can see why he goes for it.

With Cairney on the right he cuts inside and still plays the same kind of balls he would in the centre but we have Williamson and Lowe protecting the back four (granted they don't always do their jobs well).

I'm expecting..

Robinson

Henley, Dann, Hanley, Spurr

Cairney, Williamson, Lowe, Marshall

Gestede, Rhodes

What is the point of playing Williamson and Lowe together just dont see the point unless its just a point your after.

What is the point of playing Williamson ad Lowe together just dont see the point unless its just a point your after. Two poor players that handicap the team along with one or two others.

Possibly 2 more games of it then evans will hopefully be fit enough to replace williamson

Archived