BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nottingham Forest vs. Rovers - Saturday 18th January 2014

I wouldn't disagree to much with that other than putting Evans in, possibly at the expense of King who I'd have on the bench to run at tired defenders.

Interestingly you've gone for Kane at RB. I've been saying for weeks that since he's been out of the team, we've offered nothing down the right, how many goals were scored from Kane assists early in the season? I don't have the stats, but I bet it's 5 or 6. I actually don't think there's much between him and Henley defence wise, but if we're losing the attacking side with Henley then it makes us much weaker as a team. I'm actually beginning to think someon's hypnotised Henley into thinking the halfway line's a cliff, he seems scared stiff of crossing it! It's obviously under instruction but why, when we were happy to let Kane bomb forward?

I think its since cairney went right side. If he drifts in and henley bombs on and we lose posession, then there is a gaping hole. Not an issue normally but with a young side like we have we prob lack the experienced heads to fill in quickly

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think its since cairney went right side. If he drifts in and henley bombs on and we lose posession, then there is a gaping hole. Not an issue normally but with a young side like we have we prob lack the experienced heads to fill in quickly

Another reason why Cairney should play in the centre.

With what seems like an over abundance of "slanted" decisions against us has anyone else found themselves wondering just how far a certain tantric dancers influence might go.

I noticed that too. I was suspicious when the ref nodded in Ipswich's 3rd in the embarrassing battering at Portman Road last year, then the ref at City forces our defenders to play like frightened little rabbits and topped off by the ref giving and converting two penalties at The City Ground at the weekend.

The less observant would think that we are shi.t but we know the truth. Nudge nudge wink wink

I noticed that too. I was suspicious when the ref nodded in Ipswich's 3rd in the embarrassing battering at Portman Road last year, then the ref at City forces our defenders to play like frightened little rabbits and toppef off by the ref giving and converting two penalties at The City Ground at the weekend.

The less observant would think that we are shi.t but we know the truth. Nudge nudge wink wink

Heh heh. Funny that.

I noticed that too. I was suspicious when the ref nodded in Ipswich's 3rd in the embarrassing battering at Portman Road last year, then the ref at City forces our defenders to play like frightened little rabbits and topped off by the ref giving and converting two penalties at The City Ground at the weekend.

Clutching a bit to be blaming refs at this stage of our implosion. There's a few that came before them in settling us in comfortably at this level.

Talking of this level BandW. Much more fun mid table under the obnoxious one now wasn't it? :)

This contrast between a dominant Rovers made up of attacking players and struggling Robers made up of defensive players must feature in the managers mind? Rovers can afford to go gung ho as we aren't going down, we have nothing to lose, and nothing to fear in an average league.

Good idea. Tell GB.

The Refs in this league are substandard, give me pretty boy Clattenburg every day! Then again not.....World Cup refs were between him and baldy, Webb won again......not sure Deadman was in their thinking.......although he would have been a shoe-in reffing Brazil, group stage, more penalties than DJ could bet on!

More pussycat reporting at the LET

"Rovers suffered after their midweek exploits against Man City"

That should not be used as an excuse for embarrassing failure but a catalyst to try in the next game and regain some pride the staff and squad did neither.

Good idea. Tell GB.

Some rumours abound that relegation is still a possibility. if we get a 10 point deduction for going in to administration. Not too sure if there is any truth in the rumours, but could be the reason for the cautious approach.

Definitely Hillsborough.

100%. I remember being gutted we weren't on. I think it was the sunday afternoon it was supposed to be on following the game on the saturday. There was also a mention in one of this season's programmes, can't remember what game, but there was a page all about SG.

On the day of the Bradford fire, last day of 1984-85, we were at home to Wolves with a very slight chance of going up

We did our bit by beating Wolves 3-0 but Man City if I remember right won 6-1 v Charlton to finish a point above us, think Portsmouth also won or drew to finish above us.

The City 4-0 win was filmed by Granada but in respect to the Hillsborough victims and in the light of the shock, the highlights weren't put on until late on Tuesday night if I remember right

Yes. I have to admit that I was gutted when the TV match was cancelled that night-does that make me a psychopath? My family were disgusted at my disappointment!

Garners third was a beaut. Far top corner from a tightish angle

Gerry taggart eat your heart out eh B& WA?

Have to admit watching that Bradford fire with people burning trying to get out actually scarred me a bit more than even Hillsbrough.Horrendous stuff sends a shiver down your spine to think guys could have been there with their young sons.

Gerry taggart eat your heart out eh B& WA?

Have to admit watching that Bradford fire with people burning trying to get out actually scarred me a bit more than even Hillsbrough.Horrendous stuff sends a shiver down your spine to think guys could have been there with their young sons.

You are dead right. I think that was the point with both disasters. Ordinary fans like the rest of us. I will never forget the newsreel of the fire spreading so quickly through the that stand. I think Bradford had won promotion too?

just got my internet back and I must say this game was weird, first half we were so shocking, the whole 2 defensive mids is baffling when they are no good at doing what they are paid to do. 1st penalty I have seen given but its very rare as its very soft to give, 2nd one was spot on, then Marshalls beauty of a goal got us undeservedly back in it.

second half we dominated in a way, all that pressure so close to scoring, then they hit us with a sucker punch and after that it was just forest letting us pass it around before again another sucker punch ( in a way our tactics of let them run at us and not pressure them )

second half performance was pretty good bar the 2 goals, we need to cut out these silly mistakes and then actually play players in the right position, Evans should be back for derby he should go straight in

Archived