BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nottingham Forest vs. Rovers - Saturday 18th January 2014

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forest are a decent side but half the sides to play them at the City Ground this year have left with something. If we have any hope of top 6 we can't treat games like this as a free hit. Bowyers love in with Lowe/Williamson seems to indicate he wants to grind his way up the table.

• Backroom

Footballs all about opinions, I agree that today we were wise to start with a big man up top, doesn't help that we employ two defensive midfielders who are nothing but passengers most of the time

Henley having a nightmare today it seems.

• Backroom

When he's fit I simply can't see how we can justify not playing a central pairing of Evans and Cairney

Try and shift a bit more dross and bring in the lad from Liverpool as a right wing option and play Gestede and Rhodes up top in most games

1-2 down at HT is just about respectable FGS but 2 down after 20 minutes isn't.

We've probably given ourselves too much to do again today as often seems to be case. Far from shutting up shop we seem to ship goals for fun most of the time playing with the two defensive midfielders. No pressure on the opposition.

Well it goes without saying that, Marshall's shot aside, that was a load of @#/?!!!!

First penalty was a soft one, there would be 4-5 penalties a game if refs kept giving those. Though Forest certainly deserve their lead.

In the games I've seen this season we've been good for one half and compete @#/? for the other. Hopefully this can be a reverse of that.

Think we need to freshen up - Taylor off for me (not least as he's on a yellow and I don't fancy he'll last the 90 mins)............

I don't think its over reacting when we play this poor, we expect better from these players, to set up so negatively is baffling.. we cannot offer any service to gestede and tbh he has been poor not being able to win enough in the centre

bowyer lets himself down time and time again as we all see lowe and Williamson are no good in the centre, good teams like forest over run us for fun

Forest by far the better team. Carving us open quite easily and should have scored more. Lucky to still be in this. If we can sneak a draw then we'll have done very well. Can see more goals in this.

What the hell was the ref playing at for the first pen?! Never a pen.

The def midfielders are really not doing their bloody job

when have they done anything??

Lowe.Williamson and Henley are poor, poor players.

Bowyer insists on playing all 3 when fit so what does that say about him?

Forest are atacking us at will and we have no one who is willing to stop them.

Sick of football ruining my day :red_card:

Can see the point in having two defending midfielders away from home, break up play and quickly shift to counter with two quick wingers. A few problems today tough, the two def mid cant play a forward pass fast enough to save their lifes. The one that can is stuck as right wing. Shift Lee for Cairney and drop Lee for King.

• Backroom

I don't think it ever seems to work when we play one up front.

It did at home against city and does when we want a point

Problem is we have some brainless players at the back who just let them have a couple of goals and that plan goes out of the window

With that being said its time to throw caution to the wind and chuck Rhodes on and maybe Dunn for Williamson and Taylor

Archived