BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nottingham Forest vs. Rovers - Saturday 18th January 2014

I think we have suffered because of Bowyer's inexperience this week.

We got giddy with the cup replay, lost site of the priority of the League. Again we play the 2 rubbish defensive midfielders. We take Gestede off when we were chasing a goal.

The playoff teams push further ahead of us.

Rubbish. He rested our two first choice strikers for todays match. Bowyer had obviously given up with the Cup and prioritised accordingly.

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I admire your optimism Maj but the 60th minute change was still a striker for a striker - when we needed a goal.

GB really doesn't help himself sometimes. You'd have to say that some of his selections and substitutions are bizarre.

Everythings great at Rovers!!!!!!! We have chickens!!!! We have snowballs!!!! I am now a Rovers Fan!!!

Kean that.

I've been saying it for weeks FATIQUE is setting in, Theno will back that up as he questioned it.

Some players need a rest.

However 7 off 5th, with derby next, meaning a strong possibility of being 10 of 5th next week and seven off 6th, and that 6th team being reading, who have really picked up recently. It's to big an ask now, we can't compete with the top 6, haven't been able to all season or last.

I fancy us to beat Derby next week. Nottingham Forest and Brighton aren't playing due to the FA Cup whilst Reading have got a tough away fixture at Ipswich. If we beat Derby and Reading fail to win, which is a realistic possibility, we'll we 1/2 points off 6th, 4 off 5th and 7 off 4th.

Today was poor but we're still in the mix. Let's not overreact.

Everythings great at Rovers!!!!!!! We have chickens!!!! We have snowballs!!!! I am now a Rovers Fan!!!

Kean that.

I've been saying it for weeks FATIQUE is setting in, Theno will back that up as he questioned it.

FATIQUE,

Is that some French lard arses waiting for a liquidation

Hmmm, I wonder what the game plan is.

If it really is a case of promotion or bust, why does Bowyer play it so cagey at vital times?

We've shipped 4 today and played one fella up front. Might as well play two up front and risk shipping five, but with greater chance of getting something from the game.

I wonder whether Venky's have said to Bowyer that they will cover the losses for another few seasons and the plan is to actually get back to the Premiership in two years?

At the moment, we're trying to chase sixth spot and falling short just when we need to push on. Even if we make sixth, you still have to win over two legs and then beat a team at Wembley. Would any fan back us to do that?

I'll be shocked if we get promoted this year, we've never at any point been in the play-off spots and I think after shipping nine goals in two games (admittedly 5 against Man City) there is now a real risk that morale will be affected and we'll be due a poor run of 4 or 5 games that sees us firmly entrenched in mid-table.

and yet there is people happy with Lowe. we have 2 players, who dont do anything in defence, neither is any good with the ball going forward, and yet Bowyer persists with them. if we lose 4-1 with 2 defensive midfielders, then why the need to have them in the 1st place? we might as well play Cairney and Dunn in central midfield, move Marshall to right back, and bring King onto the right wing with Rhodes and Gestede up front. we can blame the ref all we want, but if we score goals, and we put the opposition on the back foot, then things are different. i would really like to know, what it is, with Bowyer and his love for Lowe, and 2 fecking DF midfielders

Sounded like quite a limp performance. Quite disappointed as this was a good barometer for us. Ill await the more accurate reports of the good fans that went. We need to fix ourselves surely a team as young as ours can handle 2 games in three days.

Getting sick to the hind teeth of these refs, soft pen for them and Taylor wresled to the ground and nothing. Course the radio fellas may have been biased but. Day off to a bad start I feel quite let down.

I worry to think where our Club will be (financially) at the end of this season.....well and truly in the mire.

This was the season when promotion was essential for a hope of survival.

Hand on heart did or do you think promotion is/was possible with the slum dogs ? I know what I think

I bet the Forest defenders are gutted that Rhodes is on the bench. They would have had an easy game with him on.

Gordon said so. :P

Wasn't there so i don't normally comment but it appears that I was proven right. Forest away is not a game for a tart liner. :tu:

Stuart.... Rev.... click this http://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php/topic/29796-jordan-rhodes/?p=1480651

How can fatigue be a relevant factor when you've got players like Dunn, Rochina, King, Campbell and Best in the squad to call on?

If it's felt that any particular player is struggling there's more than enough back up in the squad to give players a breather. Not having that as an excuse at all.

Players are tired?? Clayton will be spinning

Just over half way through the season and they can't handle playing 3 hours a week and a few hours poncing around a training ground, I think they deserve a pay rise and a nice foreign holiday.

Send them to the coal mines of china for some 6 day a week 14 hour shift action. That ought to toughen the softies up.

Kean that.

Some players need a rest.

Come on pal -- seriously a rest ? They need running over tockholes if anything. They play football . Games 2 x a week and hour & half training a day. Overpaid lazy bunch off whingers . ALL footballers heaven forbid they did real work . Imagine how tired they would get then , bless em

Some of them want to stat out of the Algero and AJ's until the early hours .

Poor poor play from the off, the players just didn`t look up for it, no closing down, no energy they looked half arsed to be there. mind you the ref was crap as well, the first pen was ridiculous.

Today was unlike Rovers. It was lethargic from the first whistle and appeared that midweek had taken a lot out of them. The first 20 minutes gave me flashbacks of Murphy et all strolling about the pitch with no real purpose.

First pen was ridiculous but Forest thoroughly deserved to win. That's one of our toughest games remaining this season out of the way and we're still in touching distance of the top 6.

People say we're too inconsistent to get the play offs. We are inconsistent but so are many of the teams up there. Reading and Brighton, for example, are also inconsistent. I don't see Derby staying in the top 6 and I'm not convinced Reading will either. There are two play off places up for grabs.

Today was unlike Rovers. It was lethargic from the first whistle and appeared that midweek had taken a lot out of them. The first 20 minutes gave me flashbacks of Murphy et all strolling about the pitch with no real purpose.

First pen was ridiculous but Forest thoroughly deserved to win. That's one of our toughest games remaining this season out of the way and we're still in touching distance of the top 6.

People say we're too inconsistent to get the play offs. We are inconsistent but so are many of the teams up there. Reading and Brighton, for example, are also inconsistent. I don't see Derby staying in the top 6 and I'm not convinced Reading will either. There are two play off places up for grabs.

Look at the real picture Ffs instead of Walter mittys

Come on pal -- seriously a rest ? They need running over tockholes if anything. They play football . Games 2 x a week and hour & half training a day. Overpaid lazy bunch off whingers . ALL footballers heaven forbid they did real work . Imagine how tired they would get then , bless em

Mate I wouldn't say it unless it was true, it's a published scientific fact.

The majority of footballers are not fit enough to play football, sad but true.

In all seriousness it seems a shocking move to bring Gestede off for Rhodes when chasing the game, I can only imagine Rhodes came on and was isolated he should have been brought on with Gestede there to help him

I honestly thought that Bowyer had discovered a winning formula by pairing those two. I can't see why he thinks swapping them for each other was the right way to go.

Archived