BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nottingham Forest vs. Rovers - Saturday 18th January 2014

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we should sign a decent LM and put cairney in the middle

But we need a tough tackling CM too. Whilst Lowe remains undroppable (due to Bowyer's tactics) we need a second midfielder to support Lowe and do the hard work while Lowe plays his short-passing-opta-stat-racking football. I'm convinced that's why Williamson plays alongside him.

Are Forest much more difficult an opponent than Leeds?

I like bowyer but he is not up to the job we need him to do for us,

time is of the essence and he is to slow to learn from his previouse mistakes that even your everyday supporter can see.

Not being Steve Kean still has a lot of mileage.

Surely you dont rate Williamson above Lowe?

I'd be astounded if anyone didn't Gordon.

Former Premiership player, albeit lacking a bit of pace now against a converted full back without the faintest idea of how to play in midfield.

You must see something in Williamson that I haven't.

Mate I wouldn't say it unless it was true, it's a published scientific fact.

The majority of footballers are not fit enough to play football, sad but true.

:xmas:

Everyone is crap at their job.

Hell, even when I last went to a fast food joint it was kean. England has gone to the dogs.............

im still amazed at Lowe and Williamson, and why they are paired together. add to Cairney on the wing, and Gestede or Rhodes up top on their own, and one can understand why we are struggling to put a consistent run together. how anybody can use tiredness as an excuse is beyond me, because this is a professional outfit. 2 games is hardly an excuse for fatigue. why did Bowyer play Cairney, Marshall, Robbo, etc a pretty much strong team against City, when everybody expected us to lose anyway. our priority is the league, not the FA cup, so we should not be having to talk about tiredness, when he Bowyer picked most of our 1st team against City. its ridiculous, and i just dont understand this. Bowyer has steadied things, but these strange tactics, substitutions and different line ups are becoming just way too frequent now

Lessons learnt today:

Eastwood is poor, does not command the defence at all, we need Robbo back.

Dann is a complete donkey with the ball, hoofs it to no-one all the time. I wouldn't be unhappy to see him go.

Surely no-one still wants King to play,he is total headless chicken.

We're badly missing Evans quality in the midfield.

Refs in this league are a joke. Rovers players wrestled to the ground more than once in their box.

Cairney is wasted out wide (as we already knew)

Dunn is a cut above the rest, if he is fit he should start.

Perhaps its the weight of "join the promotion push" and "promotion or bust" thats hindering us?

We are playing not to get beat instead of playing to win and as we are seeing, its just not working really...

Yet the one sh1t or bust scenario we've had so far this season was away at Leeds. I'm really struggling to understand why we've not reverted back to that set up and mindset.

Rubbish. He rested our two first choice strikers for todays match. Bowyer had obviously given up with the Cup and prioritised accordingly.

The strikers who only played a half each today?

Are you ignoring hanley, spurr, henley, lowe, cairney, marshall, taylor and williamson? - who could have been rested in the cup you say he had given up on, so they would have been fresh for today.

Look at the real picture Ffs instead of Walter mittys

What is the real picture, Abbey? Enlighten me.

You don't think we've made progress this season and are in the mix for the play offs? I don't think we'll make the play offs but we're in the mix.That's the best we could hope for this season.

I appreciate your views but writing `Venkys Scum` or venkys this or venkys that every time you post is not very productive or enlightening. Rovers are bigger than Venkys. We all want the Venkys gone but a. it's not happening and b. we need them to continue to fund us.

Archived