BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ince Sacked (again)

Just flashed up by the Independant, Ince has been sacked after 9 losses in 10 games, Barrie Ferguson to step up as player manager !! 2 old boys with differing slices of fortune, both failures at Blackburn, hopefully onwards and downwards for the donkey-lashers.........

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wonder if the press will say it's racism this time!

I suspect even the dumbest Journo can now see he is just a bad bad manager. Time to look for jobs in the singapore league Mr Ince and pit your skills against the mighty coach steve

Wonder if the press will say it's racism this time!

Yeah I'd forgot that.

Ironically nothing was mentioned when we actually appointed the first black English manager ever or whatever he was but plenty made about him being black when sacked him.

He got sacked not because he was a black but because he was bloody awful and only won about 5 games.

Barry Ferguson though? That's a bit of a surprise and hugely risky.

Oyston trying to do things on the cheap as always. Hope wee Bazza doesn't decide he doesn't like Blackpool in January and scuttle off back home in a week or two.

Very risky, especially with Ince Jr probably on his way too. Wouldn't surprise me if they went down this season.

Blackpool were the tip of several journalists to go down pre season, the consensus being all was not well behind the scenes and they weren't just talking about Ince.

Then they somehow got off to a cracking start. It would still be some achievement to go down from the position they were in earlier in the season.

Blackpool were the tip of several journalists to go down pre season, the consensus being all was not well behind the scenes and they weren't just talking about Ince.

Then they somehow got off to a cracking start. It would still be some achievement to go down from the position they were in earlier in the season.

Cue Headline in Daily Mirror.."Oyston in secret talks with Grand Wizard scandal"

Guest Norbert

Ferguson as player/manager? Sounds very shady. He's always liked being the biggest fish in a small pond, and then there was the nonsense over his transfers between us and Rangers.

Barry Ferguson though? That's a bit of a surprise and hugely risky.

Oyston trying to do things on the cheap as always. Hope wee Bazza doesn't decide he doesn't like Blackpool in January and scuttle off back home in a week or two.

Very risky, especially with Ince Jr probably on his way too. Wouldn't surprise me if they went down this season.

Ferguson as player/manager? Sounds very shady. He's always liked being the biggest fish in a small pond, and then there was the nonsense over his transfers between us and Rangers.

Sums up my thoughts exactly. No surprise that Ince had been sacked, seemed like he'd lost everyone, fans, dressing room and (surprisingly) the owners. I do wonder if it's a way of trying to force Ince jr out too and get a bit more cash from him - no reason to stick around now his dad has left.

As for Ferguson - the last person you want in a tough situation. When the going gets tough Ferguson hides, like he did at Rovers. I've seen no evidence whatsoever that he'll make a good manager, and unlike Ince, hasn't really got the great player part to fall back on either.

My lasting memory of Ince is from when we were interested in signing him from Inter Milan. Liverpool were his favoured destination but cooled their interest at some point and he had a rant about it which included "and as for Blackburn, they will be lucky if I go there"

I was disappointed as a young supporter, but now I recognise that he just lacked / lacks class. I heard an interview with him a few weeks ago in which he was very rude to the interviewer, and thought he hasn't changed much.

A thick player with little skill, similar manager.

Caught a snippet of a phone in on Radio Lancs.

No support at all for Ince, he seems to have been perceived as arrogant picking exactly the same eleven week after week even though it obviously wasn't working. Also lost the support of many fans after criticising them for booing after playing Brighton when he took a forward off and replaced him with another striker (???)

Also plenty of criticism of Oyston for lack of investment in the playing side and a view that Blackpool are getting left behind in terms of player recruitment because he won't deal with agents.

Archived