BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BRFCS - The end of an era and the start of a new one

Glenn

I'm seeing lots of pats on the back, but just you wait till Wen sacks all the mods, cancels the podcast, forces Kamy to resign, bans Abbey for using block caps, gets a bald greedy Scottish buffoon to admin/moderate the site, never turns up, sells all the sites assets, converts the site to phpbb, tells everyone he's "confused" then brings in an odd bloke who bears a striking resemblance to Groucho Marx to appease the membership who immediately divides them by claiming Jim mk 2 is a penWHEN WHY WHO OUT!!!!

WHEN WHY WHO OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm seeing lots of pats on the back, but just you wait till Wen sacks all the mods, cancels the podcast, forces Kamy to resign, bans Abbey for using block caps, gets a bald greedy Scottish buffoon to admin/moderate the site, never turns up, sells all the sites assets, converts the site to phpbb, tells everyone he's "confused" then brings in an odd bloke who bears a striking resemblance to Groucho Marx to appease the membership who immediately divides them by claiming Jim mk 2 is a pensioner.

F0A9923B-3A5A-411B-8B8E-3DEDEB859D59.jpg

(Sorry, best I could do in 5 mins on my phone!)

I thought that defensively yesterday we were very good and several players were prepared to dig in. This was epitomized by Varney who was prostrate in our penalty area seemingly injured but stuck out a telescopic leg to make a tackle. Really comical but effective. The big difference between Reading yesterday and other games where we have gone defensive was that Reading forced us back. In too many other games we have invited pressure. Rhodes worked harder than he has in recent weeks and went close with a shot from outside the penalty area. I do believe that a lot of our players are more comfortable defensively due to Robinson being behind them.

I am looking no further than the next game and not getting carried away.

Edit: Sorry wrong thread.

I thought that defensively yesterday we were very good and several players were prepared to dig in. This was epitomized by Varney who was prostrate in our penalty area seemingly injured but stuck out a telescopic leg to make a tackle. Really comical but effective. The big difference between Reading yesterday and other games where we have gone defensive was that Reading forced us back. In too many other games we have invited pressure. Rhodes worked harder than he has in recent weeks and went close with a shot from outside the penalty area. I do believe that a lot of our players are more comfortable defensively due to Robinson being behind them.

I am looking no further than the next game and not getting carried away.

Did you use the wrong door?

Although I wish him the best of luck I have to admit I have zero opinion of Wen y hu as I cant recall ever seeing a post from him and know nothing about him at all, It would be interesting to read a little introduction from him if possible and maybe hear what future plans/ideas he has for the site/forums or if he just wants to try to keep things ticking over as they are.

• Backroom

Although I wish him the best of luck I have to admit I have zero opinion of Wen y hu as I cant recall ever seeing a post from him and know nothing about him at all, It would be interesting to read a little introduction from him if possible and maybe hear what future plans/ideas he has for the site/forums or if he just wants to try to keep things ticking over as they are.

I do know that he organises the podcasts and often takes control of transfer threads and suchlike. Natural transition. Just depends who he appoints as his lapdogs ;)

I do know that he organises the podcasts and often takes control of transfer threads and suchlike. Natural transition. Just depends who he appoints as his lapdogs ;)

Wen has been working behind the scenes for years, he just doesn't spend much time on the forum parts, he organised and hosted every podcast and has been editing the news/content on the site for years. But what you don't see if he's the most organised and precise person I've ever worked with, no detail is too small to be ignored, which is why he was the obvious first choice to take over from us. He'll be both the breath of fresh air and the professionalism the site needs to take it forwards

Are Ste and Glenn sticking around and posting, or is it a clean break for them?

Would be sad to lose a couple of regulars.

Oh, I'll still be posting (and I'm sure Ste will be too, when he's stopped sunning himself at the cricket), probably more. I've had 10 years of biting my tongue because I've needed to be impartial. That can now end :)

.... oh and Thanks everyone for your kind kind words. As I said on the podcasts, what made it worth it was the people that kept coming back for more.

Thanks for all your efforts to make this site what it is fella's, much appreciated by many.

Never had the opportunity to meet Glenn and only recall meeting Ste once (in the bogs of the Infirmary.... :blink: ) but always felt like they were “mates”. Glad to hear you will be sticking around and putting you 2 p’neth in.

Archived