BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BRFCS - The end of an era and the start of a new one

Glenn

Thanks to Glenn, Ste and everybody who has made this forum/community what it is.

I, along with many others, can count a considerable number of extremely good friends made directly through this forum. Perhaps evidenced by the fact that three days ago I had a couple of beers with cn174 and Sydney Rovers in central Sydney. Things like that could never have happened without this forum, and without the likes of Glenn and Ste fighting so hard for it when it would have been far easier to throw in the towel.

Enjoy your retirement guys - looking forward to buying you a few beers when I next see you.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks lads, you've done a fantastic job on this site. Some of the conditions over the last few years must have been very trying, you've much more patience and wisdom than I'll ever have. This is still one of my favourite sites on the web, despite all the unpleasantness recently, I think the place would have imploded without you guys.

THANKS SO VERY, VERY MUCH!

From an exiled supporter who can't really afford the 700 mile round trip, but still follows Rovers week in, week out, and still feels the fortunes of his life are tied up with what happens at Ewood. This site has been a significant part of my life since I discovered the place at the time of the Ince era. I don't post much, but I'm on here nearly every day at some point checking the news.

The service, information and discussion feed to us during the Kean/Tantric days was a real life line. For what it's worth there are a few more people up here in the Highlands who now understand just why Stevey Cumbernauld Kean was so despised by us, there's a few more neutrals have seen the video of him keaned up talking kean in Hong Kong, and there's a few more football fans aware of just whom the Fat Controller is and just how much influence he wields over the football media.

In the name of Truth and Freedom of Speech - I salute you both!

My profile says I joined this site on the 5th March 2001. I've no idea if this is true, but what I do know is I've been visiting the site for a long time. Well before Ste & Glenn got involved even - in the days when Lee Grooby ran the show before he took the Corporate dollar from The Man :-). Back in those days the chat facility was used a lot, and I got to know some of the "old guard" through that.

I didn't pluck up the courage to actually meet any of them though until the Bray Wanderers pre-season friendly in 2003 (I think!). I recognised Tris, from a photo he'd posted on the site, outside a sea-front pub in Bray, and he introduced me to many of the messageboard members who'd also made the trip. Since then I''ve met many other members at various Rovers games up and down the country, and abroad, and count some of them amongst my best friends. I can now travel to any Rovers game knowing that I will almost certainly meet someone I know, to have a chat and a beer with, thanks to this site and the community it created.

Over the years I've got to know Glenn & Ste pretty well, initially through BRISA which we helped to set up, and then through many a pre and post-match drink. I've even stayed at Glenn's house on a few occasions for away trips and seen his "office" (the spare bedroom) with the to-do list of outstanding BRFCS jobs he'd written on the whiteboard. Don't let anyone be in any doubt, the work that Glenn & Ste have put in to this site over the years is phenomenal, and all unpaid and done for the good of the wider Rovers community. They've faced financial troubles, many a legal battle, and taken all sorts of abuse from ungrateful members, and have done so without really complaining or doing the easy thing and giving up the site.

Like many others I only really lurk on here now. A combination of personal circumstances, Rovers fortunes, and various other things mean I don't really have the time or the inclination to post as often as I used to, but I still check in often and read what others are saying. We're all guilty of taking it for granted at times, but the board is still a valuable asset for Rovers fans everywhere and it is still a class above most, if not all, other football messageboards that I've come across. This is purely down to the efforts of Lee originally, then Glenn & Ste, and the army of helpers they've had over the years.

Cheers lads, thanks for all your efforts, and all the best to Wen in the future. Long may the messageboard continue. :tu:

I didn't pluck up the courage to actually meet any of them though until the Bray Wanderers pre-season friendly in 2003 (I think!).

I remember that trip well, Jordan got beaten up on the train by a load of school kids, Ste B turned up disguised as a German tourist and Revidge Blue fell asleep on Bob Flemming on the flight home.

I've even stayed at Glenn's house on a few occasions for away trips and seen his "office" (the spare bedroom) with the to-do list of outstanding BRFCS jobs he'd written on the whiteboard.

..... along with my massive family tree of Kentaro / JA companies. I really should remove that

and have done so without really complaining.

Ha, you know that aint true, we're just selective about who we complain to :)

I remember that trip well, Jordan got beaten up on the train by a load of school kids, Ste B turned up disguised as a German tourist and Revidge Blue fell asleep on Bob Flemming on the flight home. ..

Mwhahahaha! He really didn't! But that flight still gets a laugh to this day! That trip was 11 years ago though? Blimey.

Absolutely top job Glenn, Ste. Above and beyond. See you at Ewood.

Wen - good luck to you fella. Thanks for taking it on.

My profile says I joined this site on the 5th March 2001. I've no idea if this is true, but what I do know is I've been visiting the site for a long time. Well before Ste & Glenn got involved even - in the days when Lee Grooby ran the show before he took the Corporate dollar from The Man :-). Back in those days the chat facility was used a lot, and I got to know some of the "old guard" through that.

I didn't pluck up the courage to actually meet any of them though until the Bray Wanderers pre-season friendly in 2003 (I think!). I recognised Tris, from a photo he'd posted on the site, outside a sea-front pub in Bray, and he introduced me to many of the messageboard members who'd also made the trip. Since then I''ve met many other members at various Rovers games up and down the country, and abroad, and count some of them amongst my best friends. I can now travel to any Rovers game knowing that I will almost certainly meet someone I know, to have a chat and a beer with, thanks to this site and the community it created.

Over the years I've got to know Glenn & Ste pretty well, initially through BRISA which we helped to set up, and then through many a pre and post-match drink. I've even stayed at Glenn's house on a few occasions for away trips and seen his "office" (the spare bedroom) with the to-do list of outstanding BRFCS jobs he'd written on the whiteboard. Don't let anyone be in any doubt, the work that Glenn & Ste have put in to this site over the years is phenomenal, and all unpaid and done for the good of the wider Rovers community. They've faced financial troubles, many a legal battle, and taken all sorts of abuse from ungrateful members, and have done so without really complaining or doing the easy thing and giving up the site.

Like many others I only really lurk on here now. A combination of personal circumstances, Rovers fortunes, and various other things mean I don't really have the time or the inclination to post as often as I used to, but I still check in often and read what others are saying. We're all guilty of taking it for granted at times, but the board is still a valuable asset for Rovers fans everywhere and it is still a class above most, if not all, other football messageboards that I've come across. This is purely down to the efforts of Lee originally, then Glenn & Ste, and the army of helpers they've had over the years.

Cheers lads, thanks for all your efforts, and all the best to Wen in the future. Long may the messageboard continue.

Scotty...... Still one of our more perceptive and knowledgable commentators of the game.

...... after me of course.. :tu:

Thank you Glenn and Ste B for all your hard work. This is indeed the best football supporters site in the country.

Welcome Wen and good luck. The first time I learned to pronounce your name "When Why Who" was on the first podcast I listened to. Up to then it was "Wenny Hoo". :rolleyes:

..... along with my massive family tree of Kentaro / JA companies. I really should remove that

Oh I don't know might come in useful if the Government start seriously prodding the FA and look what else is in their Hillsborough Safety Certificate cupboard and prod the sweaty palms brows at the Premier League , anyway unrelated to that lovely tantric dancer or his business associates found a really good site regarding off shore companies http://www.icij.org/, really interesting site and have a great database http://offshoreleaks.icij.org/ worth a good read through if your bored with all that free time on your hands :). Amazing what people do to try and cover up their ill gotten gains.

Can't really add much to what has already been said in many of the posts above, but like a few was a long time lurker before moving away from Blackburn and the site really has been a god send for an exiled Rover, so big thanks to Glen and Ste and good luck to Wen,

Just to echo all that's been written. This is the only football website for me. As a Blackburn exile I get all my Rovers info from here. Thanks for all the hard work and good luck to Wen Y Hu and new team. Let's hope the next ten years moves us to a much better place as far as getting our club into the hands of those who really care - until then I'll continue to get my fix with away games.

It's a massive job Wen..........the best of luck to you and your team. The list of guys/gals who made a contribution over the years (as highlighted in the original post) is humbling. Thank you! As an ex-pat the site is especially important to me - i need my regular Rovers "fix". I would particularly like to thank Glenn and Ste B and Ricky.......I can only imagine the sacrifices you had to make. I'm not the only one either. This has got to be the only thread where we are all of the same mind. Good luck to you all.

Thanks Glenn and Ste for all your hard work and commitment to the site. I don't post much these days but appreciate the community here, especially now the combination of living abroad and Rovers' demise means that this is really one of the better places for Rovers news on the web.

Thanks also to Wen Y Hu for taking things on, good luck with the new role!

I'm seeing lots of pats on the back, but just you wait till Wen sacks all the mods, cancels the podcast, forces Kamy to resign, bans Abbey for using block caps, gets a bald greedy Scottish buffoon to admin/moderate the site, never turns up, sells all the sites assets, converts the site to phpbb, tells everyone he's "confused" then brings in an odd bloke who bears a striking resemblance to Groucho Marx to appease the membership who immediately divides them by claiming Jim mk 2 is a pensioner.

I'm seeing lots of pats on the back, but just you wait till Wen sacks all the mods, cancels the podcast, forces Kamy to resign, bans Abbey for using block caps, gets a bald greedy Scottish buffoon to admin/moderate the site, never turns up, sells all the sites assets, converts the site to phpbb, tells everyone he's "confused" then brings in an odd bloke who bears a striking resemblance to Groucho Marx to appease the membership who immediately divides them by claiming Jim mk 2 is a pensioner.

haha..

but all that aside, id also like to add my thanks for what you have achieved here and all the effort and time that you've put into it(and also I apologies for the pain in the butt I've been at times)

Its a shame you don't post much these days Glenn(not Glen!) your opinions and thoughts are always well balanced and thoughtful with the right balance of humour.

Archived