Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] IT'S A BAD DAY!

• Backroom

For once I would just love us to start a home game on the front foot

Let them dictate the game early and it will be an uneasy time

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12 hours to go, and I don't quite know the adjective for how I feel. Trying to convince myself that our boys have it in them and that Dunny will rouse them to a stunning performance where we smash the keaning scum 4-0.

Having said that, all I feel is that come 3pm tomorrow I won't want to speak to anyone for days to come. I wasn't even a twinkle in my parent's eyes 35 years ago and think I'm just worried for what it might be like if it all comes crashing down around us tomorrow. Particularly if it's as humiliating as Bolton.

Heart says 3-1 Rovers. Head says 3-1 Scumbags. Either way, come final whistle I'll either be drinking in celebration or despair.

• Backroom

My god, the negativity on this thread is unbelievable.

Just don't get it. Could totally understand if we were playing them this time last year with the shambles that was going on.

But people are talking as if we have no hope and have suddenly become the worst team in the league.

As far as I am aware we have lost once in 6 games.

Our home record - we have lost once in 10 games (including Man City). A record that dates back some 4 months and includes the stupid brum game

where the players just forgot to turn up for the first 45 mins. And we nearly came back and drew that with the lads showing some great fighting spirit.

FFS - again, one loss in 10 friggin games! That's a good stat for pretty much any club in the country. And I think it's 2 in 15 after that. Again very impressive home stats.

And yet the mighty dingles are coming to town and everyone's soiling their pants.

Yes, they are a good team, unbeaten in 11 or something, and we have a bit of a patched up injury ravaged team. I get all that. But still, the sheer quantity of our own fans already waving the white flag is embarrassing. And totally unfounded in my view

To put it in perspective one of the totally neutral football prediction sites has this game down as:

Rovers 24% Draw 48% Burnley 28%.

That's an outsiders view. Pretty much a total 50/50 game. And yet looking on here you would think it was Man City playing Kidderminster Harriers.

Cmon folks, history is on our side, along with genetic purity. The record will continue tomorrow..... I feel it in my bones....... I think.

yes that's true garner but the players will be different, they are professional and will only look at 3 points as the objective, local derby or no local derby!!!

I believe many players Will be impacted by the occasion, we shall see. Dyche is an expert motivator but this is a scenario that will test the coolest heads and calmest nerves.

Bring it on. Night.

My god, the negativity on this thread is unbelievable.

Just don't get it. Could totally understand if we were playing them this time last year with the shambles that was going on.

But people are talking as if we have no hope and have suddenly become the worst team in the league.

As far as I am aware we have lost once in 6 games.

Our home record - we have lost once in 10 games (including Man City). A record that dates back some 4 months and includes the stupid brum game

where the players just forgot to turn up for the first 45 mins. And we nearly came back and drew that with the lads showing some great fighting spirit.

FFS - again, one loss in 10 friggin games! That's a good stat for pretty much any club in the country. And I think it's 2 in 15 after that. Again very impressive home stats.

And yet the mighty dingles are coming to town and everyone's soiling their pants.

Yes, they are a good team, unbeaten in 11 or something, and we have a bit of a patched up injury ravaged team. I get all that. But still, the sheer quantity of our own fans already waving the white flag is embarrassing. And totally unfounded in my view

To put it in perspective one of the totally neutral football prediction sites has this game down as:

Rovers 24% Draw 48% Burnley 28%.

That's an outsiders view. Pretty much a total 50/50 game. And yet looking on here you would think it was Man City playing Kidderminster Harriers.

Cmon folks, history is on our side, along with genetic purity. The record will continue tomorrow..... I feel it in my bones....... I think.

That's the spirit!

Leave the pessimism behind, and believe....

• Backroom

And to bore you with even more stats:

Burnley's away form - won 2 in last 11 games. (I think, it's late don't kill me if i'm wrong.)

Hardly world beaters. And this is gonna be a very different away game for them. They are coming into the lions den this time.

So our home form is excellent, their away form is weak, the stats are on our side.

Let's do the business rovers and send them packing with tails between their legs. Most of them have already chalked this up as a W so it's gonna be all the sweeter when it doesn't happen.

• Backroom

I thought burnley had the best away form in the league? or am I mistaking them with another team?

They've lost less than anyone in the league (only 3) but they get a lot of draws.

In the 11 games I'm quoting they lost 3 (including FA cup), won 2 and drew 6. Dating back 4 months to October.

The myth is far mightier than the reality IMO.

I know I'm supposed to come on here and say we'll murder them but In all honesty... 2-0 Burnley... Sorry chaps.

Expecting to get beat makes this weekend far easier to deal with and will make it all the more funnier if they fail.

This story shall the good man teach his son;

And Jordan Rhodes shall ne'er go by,

From this day to the ending of the world,

But we in it shall be remembered-

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;

For he to-day that sheds his blood with me

Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,

This day shall gentle his condition;

And gentlemen in Blackburn now-a-bed

Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,

And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks

That fought with us upon derby day.

NO RETREAT, NO SURRENDER

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9IclmVdWNbI

Why do we do this to ourselves? Can't sleep, stomach in knots, mixture of worry and excitement is over - powering. To think some people try saying 'it's only a game', well come and try walking a mile in our shoes you clowns!

I honestly can't see Rovers getting beat today.

This is the day we remind those Dingles who is the best team in Lancashire.

Lets send those six fingered things back to Yorkshire with our laughter ringing in their ears!

COYB!

plus if the worse happens and Rovers fail to turn up again the Bowyer has to go! No buts if he can't motivate them for this he has nowhere to hide!

David Dunn should be saying a few words in the dressing room pre-match then after that us lot, the fans need to let the players know how much it means. No excuses today theres a lot more of us than them in the ground so hopefully the noise will reflect that.

Archived