BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Season

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I expect Eastwood to be number 2 next season with Kean being loan out

Lets hope they both go then the supporters can begin to see a rise in standards on the pitch providing that is they dont bring another 'bad un' in.

Staying on topic... Who would you like to see come in over the summer? (If we can)

Think a RB is a priority as is cover for CB if keane goes back to utd..

I think another striker is required too although josh king could carry that role out (injury permitting) oh and varney if we are extremely desperate...

Think we need to lose the obvious suspects too tho!

A right back is a must, Keane has looked solid enough there and another name would be James Tavernier from Newcastle he has done well at Rotherham this season. And as Varney isn't good enough we need another striker to compete with Jordan and Rudy, couple players I would like to see us sign one of would be Macheda, Chris O'Grady or Billy McKay.

I would like :-

- Michael keane to sign permanently.

- Send varney, dabo and feeney back to their clubs.

- Best, campbell, etuhu, williamson out.

- 5000 more season ticketholders next season.

Would agree with all off that except getting rid off Williamson. I like him as a player and in the last 5 games or so with out Lowe along side him he has been very good. However I do think that Etuhu will be hard to get rid of, so we need to hope that he can stay fit and find some form, because he does have some ability.

Would agree with all off that except getting rid off Williamson. I like him as a player and in the last 5 games or so with out Lowe along side him he has been very good. However I do think that Etuhu will be hard to get rid of, so we need to hope that he can stay fit and find some form, because he does have some ability.

He has tried hard recently, and is a reasonably steady player. Don't dislike him.

In my opinion though his lack of pace and quickness of mind and movement gets him and us into trouble quite often. He is also quite ineffective at tackling compared to Evans for example.

My hope is that when Marshall is fit we have him and conway wide, with evans and cairney central.

Jack Hunt from Palace who is on loan Barnsley and doing well there. could be a possible loan target for the right back position.

Personally would like to see a very good championship Right back like Lee Pietler(sorry if Spelling is wrong) from Leeds coming in.

The key question is what funds are available this summer.

My hope is that when Marshall is fit we have him and conway wide, with evans and cairney central.

It will be very interesting to see when Marshall is back fit what position Cairney plays in. Because I agree with you that Marshall and Conway wide with Evans and Cairney in the middle is our best midfield and I would say that is as good a midfield as any in the division.

I dont share the optimism for next season ....

The league has been very weak this season , coming down could be Cardiff, Sunderland and Norwich ...coming up could be Wolves ....4 teams , I expect to up near the top ...

If Dunn, Hanley Rhodes and Robbo depart I honestly fear for us ..

Leicester and Burnley have promotion very easily , there has been no pressure on them , mainly thanks to the inadequacies of the teams below them....

Blackburn Rovers have missed a trick this season , should be at least be in the play offs .....

Next season we are in for a relegation scrap from Game 1...

Sunderland will have to make massive changes to the squad as Poyet has said last week if they come down.

dont see Cardiff being anywhere near playoffs.

Norwich would be strong depending who the manager is. im expect Mackay to be manager there watever league they are in.

if Fulham come down..they will be need massive changes to the squad with a ageing squad there..

Wolves will need few new players striker wise.

I think Derby will be strong again next season if they dont go up. same with Bournemouth and Reading.

P.S I dont see Rhodes or Hanley going anywhere at all. hope we keep Dunn. Robbo 50/50 i say

I would like to see a new GK, RB, CM and striker.

Robbo will surely go so we need a decent replacement for him.

Can't see us signing Kane again so we need a new RB.

Evans and Etuhu are injury prone, Lowe/Williamson are average so we need a new CM. Someone like Don Cowie would be good. We're ok for wingers with Marshall, Conway, King, Mahoney and Taylor.

A new striker in the David Dunn mould is needed. Preferably, bring back Rochina but don't think that will happen. Would take Mason from Cardiff.

The loan signings we have are very average so send them back. The expensive loan players we have out there can leave, DJ etc, apart from Rochina who I'd bring back.

A name that Chaddy mentioned would be a good signing for our squad... Sam Baldock and would be affordable. Personally would like to Asombalonga from Peterborough. A creative attacking midfielder/winger/forward would be useful, someone of Johnny Williams style would be welcomed, although Pulis has said he has a future... Would give Rochina a go personally.

I dont share the optimism for next season ....

The league has been very weak this season , coming down could be Cardiff, Sunderland and Norwich ...coming up could be Wolves ....4 teams , I expect to up near the top ...

If Dunn, Hanley Rhodes and Robbo depart I honestly fear for us ..

Leicester and Burnley have promotion very easily , there has been no pressure on them , mainly thanks to the inadequacies of the teams below them....

Blackburn Rovers have missed a trick this season , should be at least be in the play offs .....

Next season we are in for a relegation scrap from Game 1...

Blimey, nice to have a bit of optimism!

A name that Chaddy mentioned would be a good signing for our squad... Sam Baldock and would be affordable. Personally would like to Asombalonga from Peterborough. A creative attacking midfielder/winger/forward would be useful, someone of Johnny Williams style would be welcomed, although Pulis has said he has a future... Would give Rochina a go personally.

Matt Ritchie at Bournemouth fits that criteria perfectly but I don't know what our chances would be of getting him, would be a great signing if we could manage it though.

I only read about the impending departures !

And they are our b3st players , just stating the obvious ....

Impending departures?! Who are they?

Robbo will go but he's certainly replaceable.

Dunn will stay but only play now and again (no change there).

Hanley may go for the right price but I expect him to stay.

Rhodes will go if a prem team bids £12m. He is irreplaceable but wouldn't be surprised if he signs a new contract and stays for another season.

Other key players such as Cairney, Conway, Evans, Gestede will all be here next season plus a few more additions.

There will be a lot of departures but they won't be our best players.

Archived