BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Season

Bowyer is one of the 3 worst managers in the league , we are 10th in the league inspite of him !!!

You've twice stated that as fact rather than opinion. Where is your evidence?

Re the play-offs, it's because he, the players and the club have pushed it at every opportunity!! He's raised the promotion expectations himself,

Just as an aside K-Hod what was the message that you were expecting them to give out?

Yesterday's 2nd half was good and if that dozy FB hadn't hari karied for the corner then it would have been normal service we've had all season.

And if our dozy FB hadn't hari karied too it would have been 0-0.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just as an aside K-Hod what was the message that you were expecting them to give out?

How about just not mentioning 'promotion' in the marketing material? I reckon even a poor marketing team could work with that remit. Although, given how much better a chance we are going to have next season, supposedly, I presume then that you would condone 'We're going to win the league' as the key slogan for selling 2014/15 season tickets?

The alternative is that the 'Push For Promotion' message was for the Raos benefit. But I'll dismiss that theory as they clearly have plenty of patience since they've entrusted their £50m debt creation scheme to not one but 4 novices.

How about just not mentioning 'promotion' in the marketing material? I reckon even a poor marketing team could work with that remit. Although, given how much better a chance we are going to have next season, supposedly, I presume then that you would condone 'We're going to win the league' as the key slogan for selling 2014/15 season tickets?

The alternative is that the 'Push For Promotion' message was for the Raos benefit. But I'll dismiss that theory as they clearly have plenty of patience since they've entrusted their £50m debt creation scheme to not one but 4 novices.

Barring a Cup run there is only the issue of promotion, relegation/survival and mid table mediocrity for every club. We were in the latter and just below the former. Imagine you are head of the Marketing team and try putting a positive spin on the other two. Rem also the primary aim as far as you are concerned is to continue with the BRFC 'Contract' for as long as possible and for that to continue ticket sales are the barometer.

Away you go Stuart....... and I wont accept 'Come down t't Rovers cos it's good and t'pies are scrumptious'

Barring a Cup run there is only the issue of promotion, relegation/survival and mid table mediocrity for every club. We were in the latter and just below the former. Imagine you are head of the Marketing team and try putting a positive spin on the other two. Rem also the primary aim as far as you are concerned is to continue with the BRFC 'Contract' for as long as possible and for that to continue ticket sales are the barometer.

Away you go Stuart....... and I wont accept 'Come down t't Rovers cos it's good and t'pies are scrumptious'

It's a tough one alright. Just how do all those other mid table teams do it? As for your list, didn't that apply in the PL? I don't recall us saying we were going to get into the Champions League. Oh wait!

But seriously, as Phil Collins would say, there is no reason to market a 'Push For Promotion' if that wasn't the real aim. You are cocking your leg at the wrong lamp post here, Gordon. Not at all like you.

Incidentally, I notice Burnley's marketing team are advertising their 2014/15 DEADLINE at the moment. I guess our crack team is still fully focussed on keeping up the pretence that we are still 'In The Hunt' for the next two-fer-one deal before the end of the season, and are too busy to confirm what our STs look like for August.

Perhaps that £50 offer has snookered them and they can't give us any prices just yet? After all, "we might not know what division we are going to be in". Pah!

It's a tough one alright. Just how do all those other mid table teams do it? As for your list, didn't that apply in the PL? I don't recall us saying we were going to get into the Champions League. Oh wait!

But seriously, as Phil Collins would say, there is no reason to market a 'Push For Promotion' if that wasn't the real aim. You are cocking your leg at the wrong lamp post here, Gordon. Not at all like you.

Incidentally, I notice Burnley's marketing team are advertising their 2014/15 DEADLINE at the moment. I guess our crack team is still fully focussed on keeping up the pretence that we are still 'In The Hunt' for the next two-fer-one deal before the end of the season, and are too busy to confirm what our STs look like for August.

Perhaps that £50 offer has snookered them and they can't give us any prices just yet? After all, "we might not know what division we are going to be in". Pah!

I think it is called painting ones self into a corner

You've twice stated that as fact rather than opinion. Where is your evidence?

And if our dozy FB hadn't hari karied too it would have been 0-0.

I have no evidence but I firmly believe Bowyer is a very very poor manager ..

Who has cost us at least 10 points with his lack of a game plan and ultra negative tactics...not to mention some poor and very odd signings...

This league is poor to say the least and I have no doubt a proper manager not a youth team coach where winning does not matter , would have us in a play off spot !

It will be harder to escape from now on with clubs coming down with larger parachute payments .....

A trick has been missed this season but most people seem happy with stability !

Who has cost us at least 10 points with his lack of a game plan and ultra negative tactics...not to mention some poor and very odd signings...

This league is poor to say the least and I have no doubt a proper manager not a youth team coach where winning does not matter , would have us in a play off spot !

It will be harder to escape from now on with clubs coming down with larger parachute payments .....

A trick has been missed this season but most people seem happy with stability !

Don't you know that with a couple of signings before next season coupled with our rock solid "stability" we will make the play offs no problem,

I wonder how many will be putting their house on that one

Your opinion not a statement of fact. Thats better.

As for me I feel that Bowyer could have done better with substitutions and tactics.... I also feel that he could have done worse. BUT I'm on the fence and not seeing a witch hunt as the best way forward at this time.

Dan Clough thinks we can mount a promotion challenge next season... Does anyone else share that optimism?

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/11100909._/?

I'm surprised we're not all dizzy with the speculation. We should all gather at Ewood and wander around the centre circle......will the Loons still bank roll us? Will we fall foul of the FFP rules, will we get rid of the dead wood, will be be deducted 10 points before we start, will they sack GB when they realise we haven't gone up..........so many questions, so few answers.

Who knows......the Loonypunes don't......that's all folks!

Your opinion not a statement of fact. Thats better.

As for me I feel that Bowyer could have done better with substitutions and tactics.... I also feel that he could have done worse. BUT I'm on the fence and not seeing a witch hunt as the best way forward at this time.

Difficult to see anything if you don't attend!

Archived