BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Season

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I fully expect Robbo to go..we simple can not afford his reported 30k a wages next season..

He has been a good keeper for us but he is clearly making simple mistakes like getting beat at his near post twice.

I think its good that Bowyer wants a new keeper this summer. is this sign that Bowyer is staying as manager next season.

I dont mind Eastwood as number 2. Kean needs to go on loan next season at league 1 club maybe.

We should be looking to get rid of all the dross not loaning them out. Kean and several other players at the club and out on loan should all be given free transfers simply due to the fact they are not good enough and are a drain on what will surely become meagre resources.

We have dropped a division. Robinson is one of very few players we have that could play in the Premier League. The second goal wasnt an error, the first one maybe.

I beg to differ. The second goal was a direct result of a girly double handed punch that was so weak that the ball wasn't cleared and Brighton won the corner that they scored form. If a keeper can punch a ball with both hands

a. it doesn't go as far as a one handed punch.

and

b. He could and should have bloody well caught it!

We should be looking to get rid of all the dross not loaning them out. Kean and several other players at the club and out on loan should all be given free transfers simply due to the fact they are not good enough and are a drain on what will surely become meagre resources.

When you can possibly make money from two fees on one player ( loan first, then sell second) and not just the one, by selling the player outright.

What would you do if your in it for the money and lets not forget that the player/client could also benefit from two signing on fees ?

I beg to differ. The second goal was a direct result of a girly double handed punch that was so weak that the ball wasn't cleared and Brighton won the corner that they scored form. If a keeper can punch a ball with both hands

a. it doesn't go as far as a one handed punch.

and

b. He could and should have bloody well caught it!

what a very good point. forget about that Robbo weak and pointless punch of the ball

The punch wasn't necessary at all. should have bloody catch the ball. poor keeping again from a very experience keeper

When you can possibly make money from two fees on one player ( loan first, then sell second) and not just the one, by selling the player outright.

What would you do if your in it for the money and lets not forget that the player/client could also benefit from two signing on fees ?

I'm not sure what you mean but what kind of fees do you think Marrow, Judge, Morris, Songo'o, Kean and Olssen would bring in? They have little or no value and could have a decent career in League Two or possibly League One. The likes of Best, Etuhu and Campbell may be harder to shift but a club taking them for free might be prepared to pay them a decent signing on fee in lieu of no transfer fee. Otherwise paying them up would be plan B.

I'm not sure what you mean but what kind of fees do you think Marrow, Judge, Morris, Songo'o, Kean and Olssen would bring in? They have little or no value and could have a decent career in League Two or possibly League One. The likes of Best, Etuhu and Campbell may be harder to shift but a club taking them for free might be prepared to pay them a decent signing on fee in lieu of no transfer fee. Otherwise paying them up would be plan B.

A fee is a fee however big or small it maybe. If there was a management team in place purely for Blackburn Rovers first team to do well, would these players ever have arrived here in the first place under such circumstances.

A fee is a fee however big or small it maybe. If there was a management team in place purely for Blackburn Rovers first team to do well, would these players ever have arrived here in the first place under such circumstances.

What would you say each of the aforementioned is worth? And if you were a prospective buyer what would you pay?

We should be getting rid of all the aforementioned, none of them are worth anything so we'll have to hope other clubs can take them off our hands. No point loaning them out because we would be stuck with the majority of the wagees. Might be stuck with Etuhu and Best though. Maybe DJC can be sacked?

You've got to love it:

We come out saying Judge has a role to play here next year blah blah.

Then he comes out with I'm open to a permanent move to Brentford.

lol

Fair play to him, I'd do the same. Was one of our better players on occasion this season but Bowyer didn't seem to see the same performances I was seeing. By far best player on the pitch at home to Boro and took him off.

Fair play to him, I'd do the same. Was one of our better players on occasion this season but Bowyer didn't seem to see the same performances I was seeing. By far best player on the pitch at home to Boro and took him off.

He was an attacking midfielder who in the league scored 0 and created 0. Ran around a lot but no end product. League 1 is his level in my opinion and he typifies Bowyers signings. Young, enthusiastic, good attitude, never in a million years good enough to get us promoted.

Well id like to see a move for Ben Reeves of MK Dons, ex southampton lad and out of contract in the summer whilst Anthony Pilkington once of our academy is out of contract too, i love his directness and running at people and hed bring a form of Dunny passion to the side being a Blackburn lad.

Departures:

Taylor

Feeney

Etuhu

Olsson

Williamson

Pilkington Evans Cairney Conway

Marshall

What a midfield that would be next year!

He's clearly very good at league one level, but really for him to adapt he will need starts and pitch time. it will also take time and he won't stand out as much, for him I'd take Brentford, he'll play and develop, he won't get enough pitch time here.

Well id like to see a move for Ben Reeves of MK Dons, ex southampton lad and out of contract in the summer whilst Anthony Pilkington once of our academy is out of contract too, i love his directness and running at people and hed bring a form of Dunny passion to the side being a Blackburn lad.

Departures:

Taylor

Feeney

Etuhu

Olsson

Williamson

Marshall

agree with those departures tbh. maybe keep Taylor..

Pilkington would a excellent signing. hope we in for him.

i would defo look at Playing Marshall in hole in we are playing 4-2-3-1. has the skills to play there.

Keiren Westwood the sunderland Gk is also out of contract. would be very good free transfer to replace Robbo if he goes

He was an attacking midfielder who in the league scored 0 and created 0. Ran around a lot but no end product. League 1 is his level in my opinion and he typifies Bowyers signings. Young, enthusiastic, good attitude, never in a million years good enough to get us promoted.

Perhaps but would of been a useful squad player to bring on against teams in the final 20 mins, these sort of players you can utilise to keep injuries to a minimum... I think we've been very wasteful of a lot of players over the past 3/4 years.

Departures:

Taylor

Feeney

Etuhu

Olsson

Williamson

Marshall

Like Marshall in that central, advanced position - he scored some crackers for Leicester from distance so no reason he can't do that again.

Completely agree with your list to go, perhaps with the exception of Taylor - he has had some really good games where he has looked like a complete midfielder, but also some shockers where he has looked like a complete waste of a shirt.

God knows how we are going to get rid of Etuhu! - expensively I would imagine.

Like Marshall in that central, advanced position - he scored some crackers for Leicester from distance so no reason he can't do that again.

Completely agree with your list to go, perhaps with the exception of Taylor - he has had some really good games where he has looked like a complete midfielder, but also some shockers where he has looked like a complete waste of a shirt.

God knows how we are going to get rid of Etuhu! - expensively I would imagine.

have to agree with you bucksrovers

First maybe was??? It defo was Robinson fault IMO. we will just agree to disagree on this..

Btw, Forde is the number 1 for Republic of Ireland. a couple of ppl I asked on twitter rated him highly.

I would defo look at bring back Mark Bunn from Norwich and making him number 1. Never really played there

No way is Mark Bunn a better keeper than Robbo. He can't stop everything and he is so much better than the other two we have that I fail to understand why he is coming in for so much criticism. They all get beaten at the near post from time to time.

Christ I'm morphing into Chaddy!

No way is Mark Bunn a better keeper than Robbo. He can't stop everything and he is so much better than the other two we have that I fail to understand why he is coming in for so much criticism. They all get beaten at the near post from time to time.Christ I'm morphing into Chaddy!

No your not, just remember he's trotting out the latest party line, Robbo needs to go to save money so that means he's crap now and any other keeper who we don't currently have at rovers is much better.

Bunn is massively overrated.

Good shot shopper but lacking in most other areas and too inconsistent.

That midfield with Pilkington in it looks pretty awesome.

People used to tell me Jason Brown was better than Robbo. They then said Bunn was better as well.

The goalkeeping position is so crucial that I hope we give this very careful thought and are much better prepared next season as early doors this time round we were all over the place. This was clearly a major flaw and misjudgement in Bowyers initial planning in a key area.

I think Eastwood has a new contract? Not sure why if so.

Archived