BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Season

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Besides Bolton at home... I can't remember us actually murdering a team this season. Teams above us seem to do it, I recall Bournemouth thrashing someone 5-0 this season and we all know Burnley, Derby, Leicester, Forest & Wigan have but I've yet to see a good clear indication of what this team is actually fully capable of, which leads me to believe... Not much?

I foresee another almost season with endless pages of blind defiance that Bowyer is the one to take us up... "Give him another season".

Guest Norbert

Isn't it administration deadline day soon? The financial balls up will dictate next season as much as Bowyer's tactics and bromance with Lowe.

I don't know whether its the eternal optimist in me, but I'm actually looking forward to next season.

A full year of Conway and Gestede, Marshall back to fitness and more games with Robinson in goal and Corry Evans in the middle, gives us a great chance at a playoff run.

Can someone remind me why it's D Day. I recall it's something do with being goosed financially but can't remember what the significance of today is.

If the Raos / Venkys put us into administration the today is the last day they can do it should they wish us to take a 10 point penalty this season. I think that's it if I recall correctly. Then again they might do it tomorrow and we'll lose 10 points at the start of next season. Then again they may just do nothing. Who knows what's going through their confused little minds? Probably best not to try and second guess them - for your own sanity.

Judging by the lack of any kind of plan for 3 1/2 years I doubt it's even crossed their minds. Suspect it will be same old same old. As for next season, I predict mid-table with huge amounts of comings and goings and similar losses than the last couple of seasons due to less money coming in, i.e. continuing the decline.

Nest season Id like Sherwood in charge with Tugay as his number 2. 2 new full backs purchased. Rochina given a real go at it on his last year of his contract and a midfield consisting of Marshall, Evans, Cairney and Conway. And promotion. Simple that!!!

Nest season Id like Sherwood in charge with Tugay as his number 2. 2 new full backs purchased. Rochina given a real go at it on his last year of his contract and a midfield consisting of Marshall, Evans, Cairney and Conway. And promotion. Simple that!!!

I think you've been overdoing the Ibiza night life lad.

Guest Norbert

I'd rather have a really good manager than a couple of former players, one of whom looks like he has a drink/coke problem (it's the yellow, leathery skin and bloodshot eyes that make me think that). Sherwood's only real achievement as a manager is to remind Manu Adebyor that he can actually play football.

More Cairoli!

I don't know whether its the eternal optimist in me, but I'm actually looking forward to next season.

A full year of Conway and Gestede, Marshall back to fitness and more games with Robinson in goal and Corry Evans in the middle, gives us a great chance at a playoff run.

Agreed. I am looking forward too. I think we have a lot of young quality who will grow over time. It has been a while since we have been able to say that. From the looks of them all of Conway, Gestede, Evans, Marshall, Cairney, Lowe, Hanley, King should improve. Also we should be able to hang onto all of them which is very very important.

We need to significantly strengthen fullback, find a way use Rhodes more effectively, and get better alternative options up front and in central defence.

Yeah! righty o Ibiza,as the great man himself would say..........

tommyCooper_2283678b.jpgJust like that!!

Tonight's game could be a good indication of what to expect next season, almost a fully fit midfield with the exception of Marshall.

This right back situation really needs sorting out for next term. Henley and Kane are not the answer. It wouldn't surprise me to see Keane at right back for the rest of the season, if he does ok, I'm sure Bowyer will be looking to bring him in.

This summer is the big unknown. IF we survive financially and IF we have this same squad, minus loanees, and IF we sign an actual, decent, Right Back then we MIGHT be play-off contenders. That's a lot of uncertainty.

My worry is we'll enter the season with some late sales of players and Bowyer still trying to work out what his best XI is.

The planning must start now. Clearly, we have a nucleus of players with the ability to make a challenge to go up and to then stay up.

Out

Bowyer (remain as a coach), Dunny, Williamson, Marrow, Judge, and Robinson.

In

Experienced management with support from Bowyer.

New keeper, new right back and a quality defensive midfielder who can do the job properly and for 90 minutes.

We must keep Rhodes as we now have a decent supply line.

Its time to move on.

If we're to go for another wild card manager... I think we could do a lot worse than the fella at Scunthorpe, think he's called Wilcox. Just broken a record for winning so many games or being unbeaten for so many games.

Archived