Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Season

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just my opinion on next season

1) Dont think Robinson Rhodes Kane or Rochina will be here next season

2) Hoping Etuhu Best and Campbell arn't either

3) Burnley have shown you can play 4-4-2 in this division and be successful and i don't see a reason why we can't either with Conway Evans Cairney Marshall

4) Judge will get the chance to fill Dunny's role

5) Lowe should be moved back to r/b - he's a poor midfielder but an average to decent full back

6) Very little or no money will be spent on transfers

so thats us stuffed again next season then.

• Backroom

At least this will reduce Jasons options to pass backwards which can only be seen as a progressive move Mike.

:D Nice to see some positivity from you, mate. Even if it's back-handed :P

so thats us stuffed again next season then.

Not necessarily , i think in Hanley Kilgallon Spurr Conway Cairney Evans Marshall Gestede we have a base of a top 10 championship side again and Bowyer imo has been quite shrewd with his transfer business a couple of decent loans and the odd free transfer and we could have decent enough side , i'm not saying we'll be promotion material but certainly top half

So you think we keep all them and sell none ?

Hanley will be hardest to retain. The others are all recent signings and I can't see many clubs bigger than Rovers chasing their signatures, apart from possibly Cairney. Of course, this is irrelevant if Venky's enforce a firesale.

I keep coming back to Forest, probably as I travelled to that game. Was just watching them getting murdered against Derby, Bowyer really has to change our attitude for next season because every team is beatable in this league.

Said it a while ago but i really like the look of Ben Reeves at Mk Dons into double figures this year from midfield a central and left winger hes quickish and has excellent feet, former southampton academy graduate. Out of contract in the summer too! Would love us to get him.

Said it a while ago but i really like the look of Ben Reeves at Mk Dons into double figures this year from midfield a central and left winger hes quickish and has excellent feet, former southampton academy graduate. Out of contract in the summer too! Would love us to get him.

Good shout, would imagine there will be a few in front of us ready to sign him. DJ Campbell scored against Leeds again, hopefully they'll come in for him at the end of the season.

My keys to success next year

Retain Robinson, on much lower wages.

Let Kane go back to a Chelsea, sign a new RB

Keane back on a season loan as a CB, along with Hanley, Kilgallon and O'Connell

Upgrade on Spurr would be welcomed, but not essential

Keep the 'Wingers' fit. Marshall, King, Conway, Taylor. Add another on loan, a Kightly, Lloyd Dyer type.

Central midfield looks stacked, Lowe, Williamson, Evans, Cairney, Dunn, Etuhu.

Strikers, Rhodes, Gestede, I'd keep Varney as he offers versatility and work ethic, then try to add a new striker with pace.

Sell/loan/release - Rochina, Olsson, Judge, Songo'o, Goodwillie, Best, Campbell, Kane, Feeney

Keep Bowyer and let him carry on the good work he has done with the squad. we need to 3 or 4 good signings this summer to add to 15/16 players that will make up next season squad. if this is done I am confident we will challenge for promotion and be in the top 6

we need centre back, right back, striker with pace for sure.

but we need rid of the players mentioned by Rog of the Rovers.

Chaddy, you are probably right but a squad still needing 3 or 4 first team players is a pretty damning verdict given that the current team is made up of virtually all Bowyer's signings.

But we can bring in all the players we want but if he doesn't sort out the CM problem - of his own making - it won't matter much.

Stuart, MY point would be how many has Bowyer had the chance to pick Cairney and Evans as a partnership??? I would said very little. I would play them in centre midfield and Lowe at right back maybe

Waggy, what do you mean would be in the bottom 3 in manager table???

I really don't see what your problem is with Bowyer Waggy???

Bowyer has brought stability to the club after the previous 3 seasons of turmoil at Rovers on and off the field. this is required before you can move forward as a club. deffo deserve next season does Bowyer IMO

• Backroom

All that and only 9 question marks and one stability, not bad Chad!!!!!!!!!

(I still think the stability thing is a myth myself, or a fluke at best - it's down to the owners and when they decide to play silly beggars)

I've said all along its pointless letting bowyer sign 28000 players this season to can him and leave us with a load of bodies and a new manager that probably needs to trim the fat again, let him have another half a season to see his vision come together and then see where we are in December.

If we are a way off the playoffs then bring in a new man and give him a few games in December to assess and then January's window to do a bit of business.

On some of the players brought in:

Keane looks decent enough try to get him in one more season

Feeney - send him back without supper

Dabo - keep and make captain

Varney - let go and sign me instead

Marrow - he's bad but an able squad body

Judge - keep and give him a go

Taylor - either use him or let him leave

Cairney - utilise centrally

Conway - first team / bench when king is fully fit

Marshall - right wing starter when fit

Spurr - average enough left back no need to replace

Songo'o - I dunno'o

Eastwood - lol

Killgallon - decent enough as a starter / backup

Evans - make captain when fully fit

Gestede - for me pound for pound maybe the best signing of the lot maybe behind Cairney in that

Not a terrible haul there with more good than bad but some odd ones in the mix

Stuart, MY point would be how many has Bowyer had the chance to pick Cairney and Evans as a partnership??? I would said very little. I would play them in centre midfield and Lowe at right back maybe

Bowyer has brought stability to the club after the previous 3 seasons of turmoil at Rovers on and off the field. this is required before you can move forward as a club. deffo deserve next season does Bowyer IMO

If you were the owner of Blackburn Rovers , would you employ Gary Bowyer to be the manager ??

Bowyer is one of the 3 worst managers in the league , we are 10th in the league inspite of him !!!

So would I but I betcha Bowyer doesn't.

!!!

If you were the owner of Blackburn Rovers , would you employ Gary Bowyer to be the manager ??

Bowyer is one of the 3 worst managers in the league , we are 10th in the league inspite of him !!!

With an experienced manager we would have challenged that's a fact as in all honesty the squad we have is as good as Leicesters

We stand 10th in the league at the moment , with manager who is very poor ....(would be n the bottom 3 in a managers table) Where would we be with a proper manager ???????

Given that it's Bowyer's first full season in charge I wouldn't say he has done poorly. He has improved the squad and I am looking forward to next season.

The lack of patience amongst some supporters is very poor.

We have reached just about where I wanted us to be for this season, when it started. Now I hope that we gel into a stronger squad and that next season, we challenge for promotion. If we are good enough to get promotion, we would have a better chance of holding our own in the top league if some team spirit can be instilled. If we are not good enough, then at least if the spirit is there, it will be good to follow as fans.

some supporters don't have any patience or understanding that you cant expect instant success after the PREVIOUS 3 years of turmoil before this season.

Bowyer has made mistakes and we all knew he would do btw, but he is in his first manager job and doing a very good job.

Archived