BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Season

People aren't looking for instant success, they are looking for signs that the manager is able to outwit opposing managers, that he can use subs effectively to change games, that he can get the best from our most talented players, that he can get the side looking dangerous going forward.

Stuart, MY point would be how many has Bowyer had the chance to pick Cairney and Evans as a partnership??? I would said very little. I would play them in centre midfield and Lowe at right back maybe

No but he has had many chances to play Cairney and either Lowe or Williamson. And what did he do? Play both Williamson and Lowe and stick our most creative player out of the way on the wing.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is not a lack of patience , the fact that Bowyer is not up to the task is so obvious it is not true !!!!

That's your opinion. It may prove to be right, but in my opinion Bowyer has done some decent things in his first season - enough to suggest he may make it.

I also think if we don't support managers long enough for them to put their own mark on the team we will never achieve anything.

Leicester and burnley are examples of the rewards for supporting managers while they build a settled team.

Coming out of the turbulent time we have been through I think there is a danger we are too reactive.

Bowyer loves and knows the club, and I think we should get behind him

so Roversfan99, if people aren't looking for instant success then why are looking for promotion this season then???

also about playing Cairney wide. I wouldn't play him wide but Bowyer has. Let see if we do play Evans and Cairney when both are fit. Tho, I did think yesterday Williamson and Evans played well together and look a decent/good partnership

• Moderation Lead

so Roversfan99, if people aren't looking for instant success then why are looking for promotion this season then???

also about playing Cairney wide. I wouldn't play him wide but Bowyer has. Let see if we do play Evans and Cairney when both are fit. Tho, I did think yesterday Williamson and Evans played well together and look a decent/good partnership

Re the play-offs, it's because he, the players and the club have pushed it at every opportunity!! He's raised the promotion expectations himself, whereas the financial results have highlighted the need for it...

What is undeniable is that he went into the Bolton game in an amateurish fashion. He went on to lose the next three games and derail the season as a result and causing us to go into the burnley game on the back of a thumping.

That was a right royal F@ck up and bordered on incompetence.

If he does not learn from that howler then I will not give him another chance.

also about playing Cairney wide. I wouldn't play him wide but Bowyer has.

This sums up the problem with debating with you. You disagree with the choice Bowyer has made as you have even admitted you would play Cairney centrally, yet because Bowyer has you just accept it and assume that it is right.

We stand 10th in the league at the moment , with manager who is very poor ....(would be n the bottom 3 in a managers table)

Where would we be with a proper manager ???????

We have a proper manager Waggy who is doing a pretty decent job all things considered.

some supporters don't have any patience or understanding that you cant expect instant success after the PREVIOUS 3 years of turmoil before this season.

Bowyer has made mistakes and we all knew he would do btw, but he is in his first manager job and doing a very good job.

So your now the understanding fan whilst anyone who has a different opinion than you is a cretin ?

Instant ? Because the promotion push has been rammed down our throats by the VENKYSCUM !!!!!!!!

Really, I think he is punching above his weight and occasionally he gets it right

Yesterday's 2nd half was good and if that dozy FB hadn't hari karied for the corner then it would have been normal service we've had all season.

This sums up the problem with debating with you. You disagree with the choice Bowyer has made as you have even admitted you would play Cairney centrally, yet because Bowyer has you just accept it and assume that it is right.

yet again RoversFan99, what do you expect me to do about it? FFS.

I just hope Bowyer will play Cairney centre mudfield.

So your now the understanding fan whilst anyone who has a different opinion than you is a cretin ?

Instant ?

Because the promotion push has been rammed down our throats by the VENKYSCUM !!!!!!!!

firstly, you have to understand the mess we have been in for the previous 3 seasons.

secondly. we need have a manager inplace doing a good job and as a club we are making progress as a playing squad

yet again RoversFan99, what do you expect me to do about it? FFS.

I just hope Bowyer will play Cairney centre mudfield.

You don't accept criticisms such as this as part of an overall argument that a better manager could get us higher up the league.

Look at Billy Davies at Forest, they IMO have a weaker squad and lack a goal scorer like Rhodes but are still doing much better. I would take him if he is sacked as he has experience.

Yet again RoversFan99, we don't know what a different manager would have done with this squad. that is all hypothetical!!!!

I have already criticised some of Bowyer signings and for not playing for Cairney in centre midfield. RoversFan99, you seemed to forget I have said this before a number of times.

but also praised Bowyer for his good signings like Gestede, Conway, Marshall, Cairney, Evans. Kilgallon, Spurr.

Forest have lacked a goalscorer all season and this is something that Billy Davies wanted to sort out by buying Rhodes and I recalled that Kamy mentioned it during a podcast that Forest owner was quoted a price for Rhodes. rest of the squad has experience of this league but have had a lot of injuries to key players just like Rovers have and Forest are now out of the top 6 now.

but their owner is on the record in the Nottingham post yesterday saying that he will backed Davies with a couple of loan signings but the Daily Mail, Alan Nixon and some Nottingham forest fans on twitter have said that Davies position is under serious threat and likely to be sack.

Who says they are Bowyers signings just because hes the manager at the time Chaddy ?.

Marshall and Cairney have still got to hit a consistant high regarding playing for Blackburn Rovers. Potential they may have, yet, they may also prove that they havent got what it takes jury is still out.

We certainly have the basis of a good starting 11 for next season, but we do need some additions and some departures.

Robbo

New RB Hanley Kilgallon Spurr

Marshall Cairney Evans Conway/King

Rhodes Gestede/New Striker

I think that side is capable of beating anyone. We also have other players who can play apart Williamson, Taylor (as a winger), Dunny, Judge, O'Connell, Lowe (as RB and at a real push CM) are good squad players who can come on and make an impact and they are more than capable of filling in during injuries and suspension.

Kane I like but I think he will go back to Chelsea, I think Henley could do with at least 6 months out on loan at a top team in league 1. Varney and Feeney don't impress me so I would not keep them, Dabo I can't comment on as I haven't seen him but the fact he hasn't played suggests he isn't good enough. Hopeful we can shift the players coming back from loan spells such as Ruben, Best, DJ, Marrow, Songo'o and Goodwillie and also hopefully get rid of Olsson and Etuhu.

Additions needed would be a centre back ideally Keane then we have real competition back there. In an emergency a left back to cover Spurr maybe needed but if we get Keane back Kilgallon can cover there so unless it is a serious injury we are fine there and we can always use the loan market during the season. I'd l also like a right back which is the essential position that we strengthen in, a creative midfielder, a striker and if there is anymore money left perhaps another winger so in the case of injuries upfront we could push King up there, also we have had a lot of injuries on the wing this season.

• Moderation Lead

Who says they are Bowyers signings just because hes the manager at the time Chaddy ?.

Marshall and Cairney have still got to hit a consistant high regarding playing for Blackburn Rovers. Potential they may have, yet, they may also prove that they havent got what it takes jury is still out.

That second part is a bit daft, given that those two have been two of our best players this season, Marshall was consistently good prior to his injury, and Cairney- well, he got shifted out to the wing for the fantastic Lowe/Williamson axis as well all know....

That second part is a bit daft, those two have been two of our best players this season.

In your dream world !

Marshall doesnt track back exposes his full back and certainly doesnt terrorise the oposition long long way too go for Marshall massive improvement required from him still. Cairney is too lightweight to go a competitve ninety minutes. The reason why Bowyer doesnt play Cairney in the middle is because hes too lightweight and probably doesnt have much of a challenge in him the opposition would drive right through Rovers centre.

If you were the owner of Blackburn Rovers , would you employ Gary Bowyer to be the manager ??

Bowyer is one of the 3 worst managers in the league , we are 10th in the league inspite of him !!!

sorry , but i wouldnt want any of Gary Johnson Danny Wilson Paul Dickov Suart Gray Eddie Howe Mark Robins the guy at Watford or Barry Ferguson as Rovers manager

firstly, you have to understand the mess we have been in for the previous 3 seasons

secondly. we need have a manager inplace doing a good job and as a club we are making progress as a playing squad

1. ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY I DONT UNDERSTAND WHATS GONE ON? SORRY I DOTH MY CAP AT YOUR AWSOMENESS AT KNOWING .

2. YOU FORGOT STABILITY?????????

DONT PATRONISE ME BY SAYING I DONT KNOW WHATS GONE ON OVER THE PAST FEW SEASONS FFS.........

• Moderation Lead

In your dream world !

Marshall doesnt track back exposes his full back and certainly doesnt terrorise the oposition long long way too go for Marshall massive improvemnet required form him. Cairney is too lightweigfht to go a competitve ninety minutes. The reason why Boyer doesnt play Cairney in the middle is because hes too lightweight and probably doesnt have much of a challenge in him the ooposition would drive right through Rovers centre.

Is that part a joke? That's his main strength, getting up and down the pitch, he's been a tireless runner! I admit, he was a slow starter, but I think there had been confidence issues?

Cairney is the best passer of a ball at the club, he has to play in the centre, any neutral that watched us against City (at home) in the cup, lauded his performance, so I'm curious as to your views!! I know football is a game of opinions, but seriously, come on!

Archived