BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Season

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes.

Why do we thing the Raos will put the club in administration?

If the debt is owed to themselves, they get no benefit placing the club into administration.

If the debt is owed to Indian banks and secured against Indian assets, as has been reported, then they still lose the collateral if they go into administration.

Are either of those assumptions incorrect?

It's a view that I have expressed before Steve but nobody took any notice of me either.

Bowyer target Millwall goalkeeper David Forde on a free transfer this summer

http://www.newsatden.co.uk/34633-blackburn-target-forde-as-easter-nears-millwall-extension.html

Is this a clear sign that Robinson will be leaving this summer? I would let Robinson leave. not the keeper he was once.

but not sure Forde is the answer tho

Bowyer target Millwall goalkeeper David Forde on a free transfer this summer

http://www.newsatden.co.uk/34633-blackburn-target-forde-as-easter-nears-millwall-extension.html

Is this a clear sign that Robinson will be leaving this summer? I would let Robinson leave. not the keeper he was once.

but not sure Forde is the answer tho

I'm a fan of Robbo's so I hope we can afford to keep him next season. His experience is invaluable to such a young team.

Robinson's best days are undoubtedly behind him. When he first made his comeback from injury the improvement of having him in the team compared to Eastwood and Kean was there for all to see. However in recent weeks he seems to have slumped somewhat.

It is a good sign that Bowyer is looking elsewhere for a keeper next season. The thought of being down to Eastwood/Kean again is scary.

Tom Heaton at Burnley conceded more goals than anyone else with Bristol City last season, now he's the best thing since sliced bread. Forde is proven at this level but at 34 won't have time on his side. I'd like us to go for someone younger. Failing that then offer Robbo a one year extension but on a much reduced wage.

I would be happy to see him go.

I like Robbo and he has some great strengths (Like experience within what is a young squad as AI points out) but most hard / low shots seem to go in and have done past him for a while.

If he is on 30k+ a week he could be the next bit of wage trimming.

I think we would all agree that Eastwood and Kean aren't the answer though so a new keeper is needed.

I fully expect Robbo to go..we simple can not afford his reported 30k a wages next season..

He has been a good keeper for us but he is clearly making simple mistakes like getting beat at his near post twice.

I think its good that Bowyer wants a new keeper this summer. is this sign that Bowyer is staying as manager next season.

I dont mind Eastwood as number 2. Kean needs to go on loan next season at league 1 club maybe.

Blimey what are we - crapkeepers.com?

Robbo isn't great, and makes a few mistakes, but he is streets ahead of the other two we've got. Not sure this Forde bloke is an improvement on him either. Bowyer can spot an outfield player but if he thinks Forde and Eastwood are decent keepers then he's not the judge of player I thought he was.

It's a view that I have expressed before Steve but nobody took any notice of me either.

I did, I also think the same, yet a lot of posters go into denial and say we are stuck with the Rao's if someone says we would be better off without them

I fully expect Robbo to go..we simple can not afford his reported 30k a wages next season..

He has been a good keeper for us but he is clearly making simple mistakes like getting beat at his near post twice.

I think its good that Bowyer wants a new keeper this summer. is this sign that Bowyer is staying as manager next season.

I dont mind Eastwood as number 2. Kean needs to go on loan next season at league 1 club maybe.

We will ignore his superb form that led to him being nominated for the player of the month award in the month following his return shall we because he was beat easily at his near post.

I think we should take courtois on loan from Chelsea.

I assume this is a joke.

We will ignore his superb form that led to him being nominated for the player of the month award in the month following his return shall we because he was beat easily at his near post.

Robinson shouldnt be getting beat at his near post twice. Plus his 30k a wages are something we cannot afford with expect cost cutting measures like to come in next season..

Also dont forget his poor form last season aswell

I just feel his game has drop a level since Big Sam left Rovers.

First maybe was??? It defo was Robinson fault IMO. we will just agree to disagree on this..

Btw, Forde is the number 1 for Republic of Ireland. a couple of ppl I asked on twitter rated him highly.

I would defo look at bring back Mark Bunn from Norwich and making him number 1. Never really played there

Blimey what are we - crapkeepers.com?

Robbo isn't great, and makes a few mistakes, but he is streets ahead of the other two we've got. Not sure this Forde bloke is an improvement on him either. Bowyer can spot an outfield player but if he thinks Forde and Eastwood are decent keepers then he's not the judge of player I thought he was.

You've got to ask the question should Rovers be looking at a new goalkeeping coach for next season after all hes brought the very poor Simon Eastwood into the club.

Bowyer sacked at the end of this season and a New Chief exec with a footballing pedigree brought in to carry out a proper managerial search/process without interference from the owners or their advisors. Well i can dream can't I?

I wouldn't sack him; I'd offer him his old job back which he is clearly good at and which he is probably more comfortable in. He has plenty of assets that the club can still use.

I wouldn't be surprised if Robinson left. Unless they make great leaps forward in confidence and ability Eastwood and Kean aren't first team material either. I'd let all 3 go and look for 2 replacements.

Archived