BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Season

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Next season I expect more of the same. Tactical frustrations, odd decisions on and off the pitch and always being in with a chance but never taking it.

Bowyer will have to be bolder next season, a play off spot must be the minimum requirement. Fingers crossed that we aren't blighted by injuries like this season.

Bowyer will have to be bolder next season, a play off spot must be the minimum requirement. Fingers crossed that we aren't blighted by injuries like this season.

Agree with this.

If it wasn't for the doubt surrounding the implications of our financial situation I would be really looking forward to next season. As it is I don't want to get my hopes up too much.

If Bowyer is kept then my prediction is we'll lose 1 of Robinson, Hanley and Rhodes. Nobody of quality will be brought in to replace them and as such we'll finish about 10 points below where we do this season. So around the middle of the bottom half.

If we get a good, experienced new manager, we've a decent shot at the play-offs.

Your wasting your energy Yoda. The Rose Tinters cant see past their noses and dont have an ounce of realism about whats happened/happening and will happen.

As long as its stable they aint arsed about anything and if your real you are a negative trembler. See I have not mentioned any names ...its ace the ignore button lol.

Your wasting your energy Yoda. The Rose Tinters cant see past their noses and dont have an ounce of realism about whats happened/happening and will happen.

As long as its stable they aint arsed about anything and if your real you are a negative trembler. See I have not mentioned any names ...its ace the ignore button lol.

Maybe but you got to try!

I like the "he who must not be named mark2" label actually,

As mentioned in another thread our current "stable" form (last 8 games) would have lead to relegation over a season

About time you took off the rose tinted spectacles, we are going nowhere but lower with the current set up

That's your opinion. And if the financial problems affect the football side you may be right.

But in my opinion, if Bowyer is allowed to continue shaping the squad as he would like, I am optimistic about next season.

As neither of us know what will happen next season we will just have to wait and see. You can say I have rose tinted spectacles, I could say you and Abbey cling so desperately to your hatred of Venky's that you refuse to acknowledge anything positive that happens at the club now, and I can only assume the reason you bother having anything to do with Rovers is that you enjoy being miserable.

Depends how you look at it I suppose.

. You can say I have rose tinted spectacles, I could say you and Abbey cling so desperately to your hatred of Venky's that you refuse to acknowledge anything positive that happens at the club now, and I can only assume the reason you bother having anything to do with Rovers is that you enjoy being miserable.

That just shows how little you know about me. Until the VENKYSCUM came along I was amongst the most positive fans .(zzzzam aside ;) )

THERE IS NOTHING POSITIVE ABOUT VENKYS! THEY ARE RAPING AND KILLING US.

STABILTY ROCKS DUDE.

That's your opinion. And if the financial problems affect the football side you may be right.

But in my opinion, if Bowyer is allowed to continue shaping the squad as he would like, I am optimistic about next season.

As neither of us know what will happen next season we will just have to wait and see. You can say I have rose tinted spectacles, I could say you and Abbey cling so desperately to your hatred of Venky's that you refuse to acknowledge anything positive that happens at the club now, and I can only assume the reason you bother having anything to do with Rovers is that you enjoy being miserable.

You could say that but you would be wrong on many levels, talking of positives, what exactly are they?

A short list will suffice

One thing is certain. we have seen this squad compete with teams and get results. We have also seen abject failure in some games.

With a solid experienced manager this team, with a little tinkering, can easily win this league.

Experienced managerial appointment is worth 15 points more than we have today and we all know that that would see us almost guaranteed a play off spot at this stage of the season.

You could say that but you would be wrong on many levels, talking of positives, what exactly are they? A short list will suffice

I rate quite a few of the players that have come in - particularly Gestede, Conway, Cairney and Evans. Admittedley there have been some rubbish ones like marrow but they have gone out on loan.

I think it is a positive that Shebby hasn't been heard of for ages, and venkys for that matter.

I like that we have brought in a couple of proper directors who have experience in football.

Small positives in the context of the past 3 years I grant you.

It will be written on Andrex

Genius

Dan Clough thinks we can mount a promotion challenge next season... Does anyone else share that optimism?

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/11100909._/?

Yes.

If the Raos / Venkys put us into administration the today is the last day they can do it should they wish us to take a 10 point penalty this season. I think that's it if I recall correctly. Then again they might do it tomorrow and we'll lose 10 points at the start of next season. Then again they may just do nothing. Who knows what's going through their confused little minds? Probably best not to try and second guess them - for your own sanity.

Why do we think the Raos will put the club in administration?

If the debt is owed to themselves, they get no benefit placing the club into administration.

If the debt is owed to Indian banks and secured against Indian assets, as has been reported, then they still lose the collateral if they go into administration.

Are either of those assumptions incorrect?

I rate quite a few of the players that have come in - particularly Gestede, Conway, Cairney and Evans. Admittedley there have been some rubbish ones like marrow but they have gone out on loan.

I think it is a positive that Shebby hasn't been heard of for ages, and venkys for that matter.

I like that we have brought in a couple of proper directors who have experience in football.

Small positives in the context of the past 3 years I grant you.

Genius

Wow mrs d well thought out ..positives ? My arse.

No chance of any promotion push while the current regime is in place. No leadership on or off the pitch equals failure in all areas. I think the most likely outcome is lower mid-table with more huge losses and smaller gates. In short we'll be even more reliant on these imbeciles to throw us the scraps from their table.

I think we can challenge next season.

It'll be interesting to see who comes down and up into the league.

From the Premiership, you can imagine if Sunderland or West Brom are relegated, they'd be the favourites to go straight back up, Poyet's managerial experience at this level, and also the two clubs have experience of getting out of this division on numerous occasions.

Fulham would be an interesting one, I'd suspect the nature of the league would shock them, much like it has done to us, Bolton and Wolves. An extended run in the top flight can leave you exposed to relegation. I think they'd be a playoff challenger like ourselves.

Cardiff is a total mystery, they could react well and go straight back up, or the fans could revolt and a mass exodus, I think they'd have a tough couple of seasons.

Wolves seem to have stabled under Jackett and you'd think they'd be a tough proposition once they are promoted.

Brentford have had a couple of good seasons at League One level, I'm sure they'd love a crack at The Championship next season, and should be competitive, particularly at Griffin Park.

The playoff winners will be sitting ducks and favourites to go down, but Peterborough and Preston have Championship experience, and Rotherham are on a meteoric rise.

You would imagine that Leicester and Burnley will go up, and with three of QPR, Derby, Reading and Wigan to stay in this division, its looking like being a very tough league next year.

2014/15 Championship? Assuming one of Wigan or QPR goes up.

Birmingham City

Blackburn Rovers

Blackpool

Bolton Wanderers

Bournemouth

Brentford Town

Brighton & Hove Albion

Cardiff City

Charlton Athletic

Derby County

Doncaster Rovers

Fulham

Huddersfield Town

Ipswich Town

Leeds United

Middlesbrough

Nottingham Forest

Preston/Peterborough/Rotherham/Leyton Orient

QPR/Wigan

Reading

Sheffield Wednesday

Sunderland

Watford

Wigan/QPR

Wolverhampton Wanderers

Looks tough! Losing Leicester, Burnley, QPR/Wigan, Yeovil, Barnsley and Millwall

Agree that Sunderland would be clear favourites for promotion if they came down. In contrast I wouldn't expect a lot of Cardiff or Fulham. The chaos at Cardiff won't help them, whilst Fulham will have to make big changes in personnel.

In terms of the other sides in the Championship next season;

If QPR don't go up this season then most would expect them to do it next season. However Redknapp will go and they will have to make big changes if they have any intention of even trying to adhere to FFP. It therefore could go either way with them, but another huge turnover of players would be a big risk. Derby would really struggle to match this season's performance, especially if they lose a couple of their better players and they wouldn't have the new manager factor they have had with McClaren this season. Reading are always in and around the play-offs and currently facing an uncertain financial future and a takeover. I wouldn't say really any better positioned than Rovers to challenge. Forest will in theory be a threat but I don't rate Pearce as a manager and think their best chance of promotion was under Billy Davies.

I think Wigan will be there next season if they don't do it this season. Also Ipswich under McCarthy will be a threat as he is a very good manager at this level and will keep them improving year on year.

The league won't be any more difficult than it was this year or last year. If Burnley can finish in the top two and Derby/Reading/Ipswich in the top six then it gives hope to all.

Archived