BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Back Or Sack?

Guest Wen Y Hu

Back Or Sack  

394 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer continue as manager of Blackburn Rovers?

• No, he should be sacked immediately.
    • Yes, but replace him at the end of the season.
    • Yes, but give him to the end of the season and then review his position.
    • Yes, he should receive full backing to manage next season.
    • I'm not sure.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who are these proven managers who would come here then?

You don't know until you start asking around,

Lets face it, it is a golden opportunity to become a multi millionaire just by kissing Indian Arse

A few have advocated that Bowyer needs tactical help.

If he does then he's not the man for Rovers.

Does Jose need tactical back-up?!?!

Tactical nous is a key part of a manager's make-up and if you haven't got it, you will always be found wanting/lacking.

I think clearly, Short, Grant and McPhillips are also liabilities and these three and Bowyer, all out of their depth, need sweeping-out and replacing with 'proper' proven and experienced football men at a first team level.

More bold, sweeping statements. How the hell do you know they're a liability to the club and out of their depth? we're only 4 points behind Mick McCarthy and Nigel Adkins, ahead of Brian McDermott and a loooooooooonnnnnnnngggggggg way ahead of wee Dougie. All these are supposed 'proper, proven, experienced football men'. So is Brian Laws, There's obviously a lot more to it than that,

Wee Dougie is struggling at Bolton. maybe he is close to the sack???

arent Bolton in over 100 million pounds.

I believe Rovers and Bowyer are higher then wee Bolton and DF in the league.

Maj. my tweets were a private convo. Kamy put those tweets in the public domain. a slight difference there Maj. my last comment on this. also BlueBoy puts the tweets first notice that you are NOT having a go at him.but yet have a go at me..

p.s Thanks Wen for last night post.

Wee Dougie is struggling at Bolton. maybe he is close to the sack???

arent Bolton in over 100 million pounds.

I believe Rovers and Bowyer are higher then wee Bolton and DF in the league.

Not even a nice side step

HOW COME IF THEY WERE PRIVATE THE PUBLIC CAN SEE THEM? CAN YOU HIDE THEM? IF YOU CAN'T THEN THEY'RE NOT PRIVATE.

IT'S LIKE ME BITCHING BECAUSE THEY OVERHEARD A CONVO IN PUBLIC THAT i WANTED PRIVATE.

ERGO I KEANED UP AS I HAD A PRIVATE CONVO IN PUBLIC

yoda will 'like' this.

A few have advocated that Bowyer needs tactical help.

If he does then he's not the man for Rovers.

Does Jose need tactical back-up?!?!

Alternatively, Bowyer could be a Brian Clough without his Peter Taylor. :D

Maj, i believe that Blueboy posted Kamy tweets before me. why are u having a go at me but not him. but yet again not shocked that u are go at me. just another SSDD again

NOT HAVING A GO, ASKING A QUESTION. WHY WON'T YOU ANSWER, THEY WEREN'T PRIVATE

WHAT ON EARTH DOES SSDD MEAN? IS IT LIKE SUPER SPECIAL DD'S? TOPPERS IS THE MAN TO TALK ABOUT THOSE WITH

Under 'normal circumstances', progress this season might be deemed satisfactory.

Unfortunately, with our present owners, these are anything but 'normal circumstances'.

You simply can't continue to rack-up financial losses on the scale we've suffered in recent times.

We still have a very slim chance of making the play-offs and securing promotion. If we don't, despite the scale of player changes witnessed, we may well rue the numerous missed opportunities that have been tossed away due to Bowyer's lack of real know how. This season may well have been the best opportunity for promotion that we will see for several years.

Don't doubt that Bowyer is a decent bloke but sadly he's not the man to lead us back to the promised land. To start next season with Bowyer in charge will be folly.

You have a point BUT given the financial constraints which he will have to abide by which proven quality managers with lots of experience do you think will be queuing up for the BRFC job? With our finances we are back to fishing in the same pond that we got Jim Iley, John Pickering, Richard Dinnis and Bobby Saxton out of. Whether we can turn up another Gordon Lee / Howard Kendall is in the lap of the Gods... or rather the Venky's. Personally given his inexperience, given the injuries and suspensions to key players at key times and having to go half a season with seriously flawed goalkeepers and given the improvement within the squad over the year (again imo) I'd stick with what we have got. As for Bowyer he needs to recognise his main weakness and employ a coach with proven tactical know how.

I don't know the answer to this but consider... was Mark Hughes the tactician, or was it Mark Bowen?

Look before you leap perhaps?

Take Amarillo's point about managerial 'partnerships' but Bowyer should not even be mentioned in the same breath as Brian Clough.

Oh for a Rovers' manager with Clough's presence, charisma and inspiration.

A sobering thought for those who seem to bask in Bowyer's 'stability' - it takes approximately 6,000 season ticket holders just to pay Etuhu's wages ! Stability and mediocrity will bring the club to its knees.

NOT HAVING A GO, ASKING A QUESTION. WHY WON'T YOU ANSWER, THEY WEREN'T PRIVATE

WHAT ON EARTH DOES SSDD MEAN? IS IT LIKE SUPER SPECIAL DD'S? TOPPERS IS THE MAN TO TALK ABOUT THOSE WITH

ive have answered question. yeah u are having another go..Yoda, question is answered..wont be commenting any more on it

cant believe you dont know what SSDD means? haha. Same Sh!t different day..

ive have answered question. yeah u are having another go..Yoda, question is answered..wont be commenting any more on it

cant believe you dont know what SSDD means? haha. Same Sh!t different day..

NO YOU HAVEN'T, HOW COULD ABBEY KNOW THEY WERE PRIVATE WHEN YOU ALLOW THE PUBLIC TO SEE THEM.

I TAKE IT SSDD IS YOUR MOTTO?

SCASTSOCADED

Thenodrog - diamonds are there to be found. Old Whelan 'found' Martinez and now Rosler. I know big problem is we have Shelfy and V's.

I'd take a punt on someone like Stuart McCall at Motherwell who's done fantastically well there over the last 3 or 4 years.

Talking about Richard Dinnis, bumped into him in Sainsburys at Clitheroe last week - he hasn't changed much!

Can someone explain to me why every time i log on here it seems like a Chaddy witch hunt? What has the bloke done that so many people feel the need to interrogate him so often? I understand he often posts opinion as fact and that seems to irk a good few people. I also understand he has an unwavering support of Bowyer. Maybe its just me, but sometimes it feels like the bloke gets dug out for being a little over enthusiastic about the club. Are these big crimes?

Archived