BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Back Or Sack?

Guest Wen Y Hu

Back Or Sack  

394 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer continue as manager of Blackburn Rovers?

• No, he should be sacked immediately.
    • Yes, but replace him at the end of the season.
    • Yes, but give him to the end of the season and then review his position.
    • Yes, he should receive full backing to manage next season.
    • I'm not sure.

Given the perilous state of the club's finances, and how many points we've thrown away this season, people are always going to be frustrated.

Promotion is a necessity to correct the finances, otherwise it might well be a very different incarnation of Blackburn Rovers we are watching in future....

You said it yourself- the expectations are forced because of a situation created by mistakes prior to GB.

The bar is set high because of charlatans taking bad advice on management changes. Critiquing the current manager at a forced expectation level is unrealistic due to the sheer number of mistakes he has had to set straight. In terms of the "the buck stops with the manager", I have to disagree when it's applied to the possible financial chaos ahead. Ludicrous to use that as a way to criticise GBs achievement level so far. Not much happens overnight without excessive money in football- and we should know. It's going to take a long time to repair the damage.

The irony of it all baffles me. This whole scenario started by removing allardyce who could have been expected to be doing slighty better. (And the owners where advised as such) I can understand some of the frustration from being close but no cigar this season, but to WANT our chairman to take MORE advice and follow the same keany path once more...

To quote South Park

"You don't wanna go down that road"

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

I didn't say the buck stops with the manager where finances are concerned at any point (well, not this one anyway).

Ultimately, I feel that he and the team have under-achieved this season, and that's the bottom line for me.

I didn't say the buck stops with the manager where finances are concerned at any point (well, not this one anyway).

Ultimately, I feel that he and the team have under-achieved this season, and that's the bottom line for me.

How has this season been under achieved after the past 3 seasons of turmoil has gone on?

plus the massive overhaul of players in and out that have happen this season as a massive factor aswell

• Moderation Lead

How has this season been under achieved after the past 3 seasons of turmoil has gone on?

plus the massive overhaul of players in and out that have happen this season as a massive factor aswell

Chaddy, you'll never agree with me, or anyone that doesn't agree with you, but yet will criticise others for exactly the same crime.

Anyway, points we've thrown away from winning positions in recent weeks (Burnley, Watford, Brighton and Wednesday games), the non-performances against Bolton and Bournemouth, if you're happy to think that we've done the best we could, then fine, but we haven't in my view. Failing that, put me and anyone else who doesn't agree with you on ignore and you'll be a lot happier in your little bubble pal.

If City finished next season 16th, then 10th the following season, it wouldn't be a good season.

This season has been a vast improvement on anything that's taken place since the Pune idiots became involved.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is either lying or a sandwich short of a picnic.

I believe this season was our best chance to try and gain promotion, so ultimately will be put down as a failure.

From this summer onwards we'll have to start preparing for life without parachute money. If the rumours are true and that Venky's are only willing to cover £10m of losses next season, we'll need to cut this years budget by £18m. There will be wholesale cuts to the squad and a vast reduction in the wage budget.

To finish in the same position next season is going to be a really good achievement. Whether that will be with Gary in charge I don't know.

Under 'normal circumstances', progress this season might be deemed satisfactory.

Unfortunately, with our present owners, these are anything but 'normal circumstances'.

You simply can't continue to rack-up financial losses on the scale we've suffered in recent times.

We still have a very slim chance of making the play-offs and securing promotion. If we don't, despite the scale of player changes witnessed, we may well rue the numerous missed opportunities that have been tossed away due to Bowyer's lack of real know how. This season may well have been the best opportunity for promotion that we will see for several years.

Don't doubt that Bowyer is a decent bloke but sadly he's not the man to lead us back to the promised land. To start next season with Bowyer in charge will be folly.

I think V's have new facility in place with BOI to continue funding Rovers but not at level of recent seasons.

Managerial position has to be next agenda item. Think Bowyer will be found wanting on what he said he would deliver. Believe V's will cut their losses with him.

I think V's have new facility in place with BOI to continue funding Rovers but not at level of recent seasons.

Managerial position has to be next agenda item. Think Bowyer will be found wanting on what he said he would deliver. Believe V's will cut their losses with him.

where is info from???.

how did you know what Bowyer said to the owners? where u in the meeting with them.

how do you know what Venkys are thinking? have u spoken to them?

Chaddy, if Bowyer were sacked tomorrow you'd say it was the right decision.

• Backroom

So chaddy in one post you say you think they will fund us

Then mercer says he thinks they will fund us at a lower level and you ask him now he knows this and make out unless he speaks with them he can't know

Are you not seeing the hypocrisy here? Its so frequent as well

Edit(In reply to mercer, did quote but didn't happen perhaps ignore?)

So more decisions at the hands of people proven inept. Is this something you want? I can't understand how a Rovers fan could.

I apologise for any offence caused by recent insinuations. Fully retracted. In any case, it's still a questionable stance you take - particularly concerning "I think" suggestions involving aspects of running the club that would only be know to people within the inner sanctum.

Again- this is issue I have had for some time. I appreciate some posters may see it as adding discussion but to me it's the opposite; if so called "facts" or opinions are based on vivid here say or wild speculations.

If it's substantiated fair enough, but it never is. For example; if cost cutting is needed, how can changing a manager (at cost of new staff inc coaches, new signings, etc) be conducive?

It's precisely the opposite. If cost cutting by 18m must take place, nothing changes except big earners leave with mutual pay offs and any valuable players are hocked.

JBizzle - thank you for your retraction. Forgotten now so let's move on.

In my opinion / I think / I believe / I understand are used for legal reasons and also because football is a very fluid industry where it is difficult to be 100% certain about anything.

What I stated above is an informed opinion so therefore boils down as to the strength of the 'informed' bit.

I do not think I am too wide of the mark with my observations.

jbizzle then that post must be directed at chaddy as well

There is a difference between saying "rovers must cut 18m a season with the BOI" and " I think they'll carry on funding"

Both unsubstantiated, however one is dressed as such.

JBizzle - thank you for your retraction. Forgotten now so let's move on.

In my opinion / I think / I believe / I understand are used for legal reasons and also because football is a very fluid industry where it is difficult to be 100% certain about anything.

What I stated above is an informed opinion so therefore boils down as to the strength of the 'informed' bit.

I do not think I am too wide of the mark with my observations.

No worries.

Either way it is blatantly obvious to anyone with a brain that the club cannot carry on losing millions and the easiest solution is also the hardest. Premier league.

They will decide on Bowyer's future at the end of the season. At the moment he is due to have a face to face meeting with them in May, if he is invited out to India then he won't be getting sacked. It will all depend upon what he has promised the owners (specifically Mrs D) in terms of what can be achieved this season. Despite some around Venky's wanting him out, I think that he has developed a good working relationship with Mrs D and she will back him, he can point to the progress that has been made this season.

As for funding, no decisions on that have been made yet. Again they will sit down in May with the club's executive and decide level of funding next season. You have to remember that we will be a further £8 million down this season as the parachute payment will go down from £16 million to £8 million.

Archived