BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Back Or Sack?

Guest Wen Y Hu

Back Or Sack  

394 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer continue as manager of Blackburn Rovers?

• No, he should be sacked immediately.
    • Yes, but replace him at the end of the season.
    • Yes, but give him to the end of the season and then review his position.
    • Yes, he should receive full backing to manage next season.
    • I'm not sure.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I'd be tapping up the managers now, and get someone in for next season. Not Sherwood though, as I don't think he's up to much.

Quite coincidentally he can back to draw 3-3 in the last minutes. The WBA fans were distraught whilst Spuds lot would be ecstatic. Mirror image result and completely opposite reactions. Thats football eh?

Well, I'd be tapping up the managers now, and get someone in for next season. Not Sherwood though, as I don't think he's up to much.

Name names then Norbert. Otherwise your comments are vacuous.

now is the time to move for chris hughton, he knows how to get a club up on its knees

And down on them too.

Guest Norbert

I don't know. Lennon and Clough are unlikely, but we can dream. As for Malcky, maybe, just maybe. Just so long as he hasn't been reading to the club under the Raos, after what has happened with Vincent Tan!

The middle group would be more realistic.

• Backroom

Unfortunately a very premature assessment.

At what point do we stop saying "he's still learning" (assuming he is learning) and say "he isn't learning", and then when do we say "he hasn't learnt"?

He has had over a full season in charge. Does he need two? Three? How many will Venkys keep covering the losses for?

Yeah I shot myself in the foot there presuming we could get that consistency for the rest of the game

Guest Norbert

I'd be more forgiving if the financial situation was not so desperate, and there were fewer games where we either failed to seal a win, or were terrible at the start and then left too much to do in the second half.

I'd love:

McKay

Clough

Lennon (yeah I know it's not likely)

I'd like/be OK with:

Pressley

Derek McInnes

Grayson

Howe

Steve Evans

Clarke

I'd not want these guys in charge:

Megson

Zola

Sherwood (no better than Bowyer, but is more mental)

Davies (basket case who cannot deliver)

I'm not going to go through your list and dismiss everyone with a reason as to why they wouldn't come. Although Howe doesn't like it 'ap nowf'.

But I would have Sherwood alongside your OK list, ideally with Clarke alongside.

We are going to have to settle for a damaged manager who needs to rebuild his reputation.

Guest Norbert

Your persistence is softening my stance a little bit, but there's just something about Sherwood that makes me think he'd not be that good as a proper manager. He may be better at this level, but I can't help thinking there's a Di Canio style melt down in him, and Spurs have gone from a dull 1-0 team to a team that can be absolutely terrible in defence some games.

Your persistence is softening my stance a little bit, but there's just something about Sherwood that makes me think he'd not be that good as a proper manager. He may be better at this level, but I can't help thinking there's a Di Canio style melt down in him, and Spurs have gone from a dull 1-0 team to a team that can be absolutely terrible in defence some games.

That's exactly where I'm coming from. I know it's not cool but he's the 20-teen version of 90s Dalglish and naughties Souness (well, the closest - bit of a stretch saying Dalglish I accept).

Someone with a bit of gravitas as a former player, who can get into the heads of these young players just by that aura. Plus he knows the club. Although both of them learned their trade at Liverpool and were both somewhat damaged. Probably a bit too long to wait for Rogers. ^_^

Guest Norbert

The club is very different from when he left, but he may still have that 'league winning captain' thing with the local players. There's just something about Tim that makes me hesitant to really believe he's all that. Maybe it is the way he left the club all those years ago, and I can't trust him not to damage any dressing room spirit with a sharp reaction to a bad result or two.

And he's put Eriksen on the left wing for a few games which is daft.

Guest Norbert

Hughes was great. He went a bit off at Fulham, but has started to work again at Stoke. And you're right about Bowyer being too pally. Still this is all academic since we all know Di Canio or Maradona will be brought in.

Strange list to suggest Bowyer can be cutthroat.

Best, Murphy and DJ wrote themselves out of the 2013/14 script.

Rochina is an example of how Bowyer can't work with quality.

Kean was kept on for so long his confidence may never recover.

Pedersen was simply too expensive.

Kane is probably the only one who has really been dropped and still gets game time - sometimes on the wing.

Sorry klc, pally is the word. Coaches tend to be pally. It's not a bad trait until you try to turn a coach into the manager.

Sorry Stuart but saying "he's a coach he must be pally" is a copout. In his role as manager what has he done to backup your assertion? ( apart from letting the players call him by his preferred name)

Cutting players from the squad to bring in unknowns took guts!

Sorry Stuart but saying "he's a coach he must be pally" is a copout. In his role as manager what has he done to backup your assertion? ( apart from letting the players call him by his preferred name)

Cutting players from the squad to bring in unknowns took guts!

But he hasn't really cut players from the squad. They've cut themselves by making themselves unpickable in most cases.

I didn't say he 'must be' but that coaches are generally pally and he's continued that relationship. It should be 'gaffer' and 'the boss' not 'Gaz' and he shouldn't be using player nicknames.

As a manager he needs to have those players competing for their places, not sticking your mates straight back into the team (as a starter) regardless of how the team plays without them.

But he hasn't really cut players from the squad. They've cut themselves by making themselves unpickable in most cases.

I didn't say he 'must be' but that coaches are generally pally and he's continued that relationship. It should be 'gaffer' and 'the boss' not 'Gaz' and he shouldn't be using player nicknames.

As a manager he needs to have those players competing for their places, not sticking your mates straight back into the team (as a starter) regardless of how the team plays without them.

Seem to be following you around on here tonight apologies for that but I have just seen his post match interview on Rovers Player and he comes across as anything but pally with the players, sounds as though a few 'telling offs' have been dished out. On the nickname thing I have heard Mark Hughes refer to Bellamy as Bellers, Savage as Sav, Ferguson often referred to Ryan Giggs as Giggsy.

Should it? Surely the answer is whatever works. Bowyer hasn't lost the dressing room by the looks of it and the players are still playing for him.

As you have already pointed out coaches are generally more pally with the players and it looks like Bowyer might have carried on that same vein when he became manager. We aren't losing/drawing games because of it, that's down to Bowyers tactics and inability to react on matchdays.

I don't really see what the issue is with it unless you have heard from inside the club that its a problem.

Similar to when people on here say "these players need a souness type manager to give em a kick up the backside" when in reality, they probably don't. IMO you can't just turn up and start shouting and blasting the players and expect a reaction off the lot, some would respond, others wouldn't.

Managers need to be flexible. I don't think there is a right or wrong answer really. Everyone is different.

I do agree that there should be competition throughout and no one should be an automatic name in the starting 11.

Seem to be following you around on here tonight apologies for that but I have just seen his post match interview on Rovers Player and he comes across as anything but pally with the players, sounds as though a few 'telling offs' have been dished out. On the nickname thing I have heard Mark Hughes refer to Bellamy as Bellers, Savage as Sav, Ferguson often referred to Ryan Giggs as Giggsy.

I'll take your word for it. On both counts.

Quite right..... I've just got there.Fair enough Norbert. How nmany of the top three would come?

Once again, it's not up to the fans to know who would come and what the Raos would pay to encourage them.

It's up to the Club to have a proper process in place.

Once again, we will never know who would come because we never ask.

Sick of this old chestnut coming up again and again.

Once again, I doubt that the Raos are capable of getting it right.

We are in a real dilemma and have been ever since these idiots bought the Club.

Perfectly fine for a manager to call players by nicknames IMO. Not so sure about the other way round but I am no expert on whether that has an effect on a players attitude towards the manager.

This season might not have shown as much progress as people would want but it's enough for me to say GB should get the summer and the first 3 months of the next season. If it's not working and we are worse off then by all means we should look to make a change if the right man is available. The wrong change and it will crush the season, but get it right and we could have a Derby or Wigan scenario.

That aside, I back GB for now, through the summer and next season unless things go belly up. I can't honestly say that we have had a bad season. We might have had some disappointing results but who hasn't other than Burnley and Leicester? Crazy league this, more so than the premiership at times.

Archived