BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Back Or Sack?

Guest Wen Y Hu

Back Or Sack  

394 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer continue as manager of Blackburn Rovers?

• No, he should be sacked immediately.
    • Yes, but replace him at the end of the season.
    • Yes, but give him to the end of the season and then review his position.
    • Yes, he should receive full backing to manage next season.
    • I'm not sure.

If Bowyer is sacked, make no mistake there will be a long queue of credible candidates willing to give it a go regardless of the reputation of our owners. Chaddy mentions Coyle and Mowbray - we can do much better than that!

The big risk is to do nothing fearing that no one better than Bowyer will be appointed. That should not be an argument put forward otherwise the alternative is to accept so called 'stability' which in essence means, as we have seen for much of the season, mediocrity.

Will Shelfy and the V's make the 'right' appointment? Personally, I would taker the risk as I have seen nothing from Bowyer to suggest that he is the inspirational, charismatic, tactically aware manager to take us back to the PL.

any suggestions?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good squad ? only in chaddy world it is.

Lets start with the keepers Rovers must have two of the worst backup keepers in this league. Moving onto the fullbacks hold on ............lets not go any further shall we..........

Which will hopefully be addressed in the summer. I think Bowyer mentioned it would take a few transfer windows to get his own squad together. Any issues with the signings of Conway, Cairney, Gestede, Evans, Marshall, Kilgallon etc or are you just being selective for the sake of it?

Kamy tweeted today that Top 10 finish and improved performances was what Bowyer agreed with Mrs D for this season. He's achieved both.

Northern Rover @Northern_Rover 5 hrs

Source also said that if GB invited to Pune then he won't be sacked, source believes that he retains Mrs D support due to progress made

Northern Rover @Northern_Rover 5 hrs

By progress Source means that budgets cut and GB has managed to get team into top 10 and performing better than last year as he promised.

If that was the agreement, what a shame no sense of the plan/target was communicated. It would have stopped a lot of worrying and maybe some resulting impatience.

Didn't help that the club constantly strung out the charge for the play offs line whilst the Chief shelf man said himself promotion is desperately needed.

Didn't help that the club constantly strung out the charge for the play offs line whilst the Chief shelf man said himself promotion is desperately needed.

Agreed, i think it was in the BRAG committee meeting notes (posted somewhere on here recently) that Shelfie said automatic promotion was the target but the play-offs were acceptable. Or something like that. Maybe it was just Shelfie's mouth being 'out of control' again.

Agreed, i think it was in the BRAG committee meeting notes (posted somewhere on here recently) that Shelfie said automatic promotion was the target but the play-offs were acceptable. Or something like that. Maybe it was just Shelfie's mouth being 'out of control' again.

The actions of a 'rogue' again :)

Well who would have thought that, top 10 and everything is ' Hunky-dory '

We just happen to be 10th at the moment but 3 other teams very close behind and Boro just won at Burnley,

GB will no doubt be a very worried man, no wonder he was so annoyed with the players on Saturday.

On to Yeovil desperate for the points, could be a tough game.

On the other hand does anyone really think Desai will sack him for the sake of a place/point or two,

like I've been saying for a while now on here, GB has a bloody good job, owners in his pocket 5000

miles away,and nobody looking over his shoulder.

Mind you, he's not the only one down Ewood way on to a 'good thing'

Well if they agreed to 19 new players, a continuing monthly loss of a million or two - all for finishing half way up a poor league, then you have to give Bowyer credit. Not many owners would swallow that. Keeps a coach on a great contract too. Where else would he get such conditions?

• Backroom

You know them Den it doesn't matter how you do it's how your relationship is with them, Kean proved that if you are on their good side you will be out no matter what, Allardyce proof of the flip side

Tom, I didn't want to mention Kean. Now I might get some flak for this and it might be totally off the mark, but Bowyer has just seen a coach become a multi millionaire by getting on the right side of them. I don't blame him, but it's impossible to believe he hadn't considered this. I would have done.

• Backroom

He certainly doesn't seem in the same mold of human but he may well utilise some of his tricks to keep onside, why wouldn't he?

so the aim this season was a top 10 finish and progress being made.

here on Northern Rovers tweets in full on this topic:-

1)Talked to Venky's source this morning, source reiterated that meeting in May (unless we are in playoffs) to sort out budgets etc.

2)Source also said that if GB invited to Pune then he won't be sacked, source believes that he retains Mrs D support due to progress made.

3)By progress Source means that budgets cut and GB has managed to get team into top 10 and performing better than last year as he promised.

4)Certainly the impression that I get is that GB job is safe, but will need to start well next season. Key thing now is budgets

also Kamy said on twitter that Mike Phelan has been at games recently:-

well Mike Phelan has been at a number of Rovers games recently and is a very close friend of GB.

Kamy tweeted today that Top 10 finish and improved performances was what Bowyer agreed with Mrs D for this season. He's achieved both.

Northern Rover ‏@Northern_Rover 5 hrs

Source also said that if GB invited to Pune then he won't be sacked, source believes that he retains Mrs D support due to progress made

Northern Rover ‏@Northern_Rover 5 hrs

By progress Source means that budgets cut and GB has managed to get team into top 10 and performing better than last year as he promised.

Depends on whether thats actually truthful. Seems convienient for it to be said at this stage, when all season its been geared towards promotion by the club.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/10448608._Promotion_is_the_aim__says_new_Blackburn_Rovers_manager_Gary_Bowyer/?ref=rc

Top 10 in Championship is success then !?!?

Think we can forget the Champions League for a little while then.

Personally, I don't buy it. Haven't met a businessman yet who would expect to lose £10's of millions and move from the, perceived, cusp of Champions League football to Championship mediocrity.

• Backroom

I also doubt merely top ten was the aim personally

They may accept it but no chance that was the aim at the start of the season

Mick Phelan on the bench with Bowyer, help with the tactics/subs.

Now that might work !

Would impress the Rao's too, former Man Utd assistant manager, problem is he might be after GB's job

after a while.

You wouldn't blame him, if he was telling Bowyer what subs to make and what tactics to adopt, he is basically doing his job for him.

Mick Phelan on the bench with Bowyer, help with the tactics/subs.

Now that might work !

Would impress the Rao's too, former Man Utd assistant manager, problem is he might be after GB's job

after a while.

Been saying it for months GB needs tactical back up

A few have advocated that Bowyer needs tactical help.

If he does then he's not the man for Rovers.

Does Jose need tactical back-up?!?!

Tactical nous is a key part of a manager's make-up and if you haven't got it, you will always be found wanting/lacking.

I think clearly, Short, Grant and McPhillips are also liabilities and these three and Bowyer, all out of their depth, need sweeping-out and replacing with 'proper' proven and experienced football men at a first team level.

Archived