BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Back Or Sack?

Guest Wen Y Hu

Back Or Sack  

394 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer continue as manager of Blackburn Rovers?

• No, he should be sacked immediately.
    • Yes, but replace him at the end of the season.
    • Yes, but give him to the end of the season and then review his position.
    • Yes, he should receive full backing to manage next season.
    • I'm not sure.

• Backroom

I think I predicted we would finish 12th-14th this season and that would be decent so overall I shouldn't moan but it's just been a frustrating season in that promotion has been there for the taking and we may have left it too late to give ourselves a real chance.

My view is the same as ever, give the manger till Christmas and see where we are, top 6 then keep him but if not then roll the dice.

We need to have less games like the home games v Brum, Bournemouth etc if we had won those easily winnable games we'd be sat comfortably in a play off spot now and that's the most frustrating thing at all.

Progress? In some ways certainly yes but I worry if the manager if making progress tactically which may ultimately keep us from a top 6 spot.

I wonder if this season would feel so much less frustrating had Dyche not worked miracles?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need to have less games like the home games v Brum, Bournemouth etc if we had won those easily winnable games we'd be sat comfortably in a play off spot now and that's the most frustrating thing at all.

Progress? In some ways certainly yes but I worry if the manager if making progress tactically which may ultimately keep us from a top 6 spot.

I wonder if this season would feel so much less frustrating had Dyche not worked miracles?

And Charlton, Wednesday and Brighton. As for that lot... Couldn't care less in all honesty, they deserve to go up.

I never questioned this season wasn't a fresh start, it's the manager who keeps bringing it up, why hark on about the past? It's not the first time he's used that one either! All that aside, let's just hope carries on where he left off on Tuesday and proves me wrong.

I think he is just trying to get across the size of the job he has had. I have seen it said somewhere before (possibly on here) that he hasn't had to rebuild just a team, but he has had to rebuild a club as well - Id agree with that.

I think he is just trying to get across the size of the job he has had. I have seen it said somewhere before (possibly on here) that he hasn't had to rebuild just a team, but he has had to rebuild a club as well - Id agree with that.

I still don't buy that. A manager cannot rebuild a club, it has to start higher than him. It has to start at the very top. The stability has come from Venky's Non-involvement and the departure of warring fractions [shebby and Agnew].

This has allowed Shelfy and Bowyer to sing from the same sheet and this in turn has brought what appears to be stability.

It only brings the Raos to decide to bring Shebby, I know he is still on the payroll, or to ex-friends again for advice to turn the stable ship back to a rocky ship. In this case Bowyer will not be able to do anything to steady the ship.

Tremendously well? Not sure about that. But he has been been very solid and dependable for sure and I'd like him to stick around in some capacity if at all possible.

it.

You need to remember what he inherited after Berg and Appleton, a side heading towards the first division with millionaire players that couldn't give a toss if they won, lost or even turned up most of the time as long as they got paid.

That sort of mentality is hard to shift from a club, and Bowyer has almost done that in one season and still has the side on the brink of the play offs.

That in itself is a tremendous achievement in my book.

Absolutely, most people looks at results only, but what Bowyer had done this season is much bigger than that, I couldn't agree more.

GAV put into the greater context he has done a good job

Next season we have to apply lessons of some truly awful c@ck ups this season.

Charlton, Wednesday, Bournemouth and Birmingham at home and Wigan and Bolton away were real howlers.

Cannot lose that many games at home and expect to be competitive.

You need to remember what he inherited after Berg and Appleton, a side heading towards the first division with millionaire players that couldn't give a toss if they won, lost or even turned up most of the time as long as they got paid.

That sort of mentality is hard to shift from a club, and Bowyer has almost done that in one season and still has the side on the brink of the play offs.

That in itself is a tremendous achievement in my book.

Absolutely, most people looks at results only, but what Bowyer had done this season is much bigger than that, I couldn't agree more.

Interesting words in the LT today where he basically says people were shying away from it last season after the defeat at Sheff Weds and he knew then he had to shift them. Puts it all back in perspective a bit, the team and whole club were rotten to the core. At the very least he's stopped the rot at ground level. Despite my constructive criticism I've massive respect to him for that.

Made good signings overall, created team spirit, taken over a club in decline, appears to have respect of the players.

Of course Bowyer should continue.

Plus, generally a lack decent managers around, and our "owners" still wouldn't be able to appoint a competent manager.

• Backroom

I think the way we are playing he should be winning a lot over at least to give him the first half of next season

His main task is get us playing like this consistently and we won't be far away

Guest Norbert

Another result thrown away. We cannot do this and go up. We need to be promoted otherwise we'll be in financial poo. So the rubber dingy men need to be ousted. Thanks for your efforts Gary, but you are not the man.

When he gets round to learning how to use his subs effectively and starts managing both halves of the game he will be brilliant.

Really @#/? off about today. You shouldn't lose a 3-1 lead. One sub used had to be questioned when the game went to 3-2 and they went all out for it.

I think the way we are playing he should be winning a lot over at least to give him the first half of next season

On the bright side we can still finish with 72 points and Leicester got into the playoffs with 68 last season. Also unbeaten in 8 now since the 3 B's horror show... and most of those matches against very strong teams too. Now that at last we have what is approaching a full squad to pick from we are looking fairly strong.

Correct !

That decision has to be made asap !

Should have been made last June..

Pathetic comments. No doubt your next move will be to declare 'Bowyer Out' on your avotar.

On the bright side we can still finish with 72 points and Leicester got into the playoffs with 68 last season. Also unbeaten in 8 now since the 3 B's horror show... and most of those matches against very strong teams too. Now that at last we have what is approaching a full squad to pick from we are looking fairly strong.

Pathetic comments. No doubt your next move will be to declare 'Bowyer Out' on your avotar.

He needs to use the squad better though.

Guest Norbert

Well, I'd be tapping up the managers now, and get someone in for next season. Not Sherwood though, as I don't think he's up to much.

Unfortunately a very premature assessment.

At what point do we stop saying "he's still learning" (assuming he is learning) and say "he isn't learning", and then when do we say "he hasn't learnt"?

He has had over a full season in charge. Does he need two? Three? How many will Venkys keep covering the losses for?

• Moderation Lead

Ultimately we should have done better this season and have thrown away far too many points from good positions because of bad decisions and silly mistakes. For this, the buck stops with the manager.

It's that simple for me.

Pathetic comments. No doubt your next move will be to declare 'Bowyer

Out' on your avotar.

How is it pathetic ?

I have been saying it all season , he has cost us too many points .Those lost points have denied the club at least a play off place ....

Guest Norbert

I'd love:

McKay

Clough

Lennon (yeah I know it's not likely)

I'd like/be OK with:

Pressley

Derek McInnes

Grayson

Howe

Steve Evans

Clarke

I'd not want these guys in charge:

Megson

Zola

Sherwood (no better than Bowyer, but is more mental)

Davies (basket case who cannot deliver)

Archived