BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Back Or Sack?

Guest Wen Y Hu

Back Or Sack  

394 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer continue as manager of Blackburn Rovers?

• No, he should be sacked immediately.
    • Yes, but replace him at the end of the season.
    • Yes, but give him to the end of the season and then review his position.
    • Yes, he should receive full backing to manage next season.
    • I'm not sure.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I found it very hard to make my mind up. When you look at the silly points we threw away its hard not to believe an experienced manager would have got us at least in to the 6. And some of his buys(and there have been too many of them) are downright bewildering.

However, he did save us from relegation and we are a better team than we were last year. Some players have arrived for a small fee or no fee at all and look the part so congrats to him there. I also like the fact that we are finishing the season strongly when we could have given up. We have drawn a few lately which we needed to win but at least they were fighting draws, there does seem to be a real spirit out there on the pitch.

Finally I can't get my head around the Raos making a good replacement decision if they sacked him. Surely they won't? That's what decides me, on balance, to give him at least a start next season. I don't pull back in the slightest from my belief that he shouldn't have got the job and that they only did it because he would have come cheap but things can always be worse and with the Raos they usually are.

First full season for team GB think they've been below standard, but one hopes its been a massive learning curve for them in that the first team is not about development but winning games and to win they need to have learnt that everyone in the squad needs to be capable and ready of which some just arent capable so good test come the summer for GB to see if they can kick on from here.

First full season for team GB think they've been below standard, but one hopes its been a massive learning curve for them in that the first team is not about development but winning games and to win they need to have learnt that everyone in the squad needs to be capable and ready of which some just arent capable so good test come the summer for GB to see if they can kick on from here.

If you include the players he has bought and sold then 'Team GB' hasn't been in place for a full season. It has taken a season to get his team in place.

I was disappointed after the Bournemouth game but I think him and the team has shown enough to start as manager next season.

If you include the players he has bought and sold then 'Team GB' hasn't been in place for a full season. It has taken a season to get his team in place.

I was disappointed after the Bournemouth game but I think him and the team has shown enough to start as manager next season.

They still need a few more players to get the results on a consistant basis. Varney and Feeney have provided nothing, Corry Evans still doesnt have a good midfield partner and the back up keeper is substandard.

Theres still lots more to do for team GB.

I'll be having both next week as Im getting married Good Friday!

AS I was told by a dour scouser upon announcing my marriage; "Yet another triumph of hope over experience"

But congrats all the same. May you have many happy years together.

We must be careful not to judge teams simply by their status. Bournemouth under howe are doing very well and are certainly no pushovers. Jst a pity imo that now we now appear to have a proper back 4 that is difficult to breakdown and won't be pushed around either.

Never mind picky debates about the qualities of Lowe, Rhodes Taylor et al cos if bowyer had had this back 4 in front of Robinson all season we'd have @#/? it.

The Bournemouth game is interesting - I to was disappointed - but when you look at their current run and the fact that they are probably most likely to catch Reading - maybe we (the fans) under estimate them ?

So you're saying that every manager in this league (below the top 6 and that wasn't promoted from L1 last season) should be sacked? That's 15 sackings.

Oh, we were losing £2m/month at our worst, weren't we? That's £24m, not £30m. Perhaps next season.

Finally, if you predicted a playoff spot (let alone promotion) back in august, you are simply a deluded individual :)

How's your wife's car btw?

Add me to the deluded list then. Although at the time it was suggested I was on narcotics.

So who is your choice?

I think Freedman and Coyle were his preferred two.

have any people who voted to sack Bowyer change their minds and think he deserve to be manager for next season???

No I haven't changed my mind. After the three performances of Bolton, Burnley and Bournemouth I voted to sack now. This was to give a new man time to assess his squad before the break so he could use the summer to address what he thought was wrong.

As time has now moved on with Bowyer still in charge then now we must stick with Bowyer as a bringing in a new manager in the summer wastes a pre-season and we start next season playing catch up.

Bowyer still hasn't shown he has the tactical ability to influence games. I agree he can pick a decent player at this level and has the makings of a good squad but Rovers are in with a chance of the playoffs because of other team's failings. This is why Reading are still sixth.

I now feel that if Rovers are to progress then it is time to bring someone to work alongside him and the other coaches who can bring that missing extra to the game but I don't know who that person is. Then again I'm not paid to know.

have any people who voted to sack Bowyer change their minds and think he deserve to be manager for next season???

Without a doubt he deserves to be the manager, but if we want promotion he should be received of his duties in the summer, he's not the man to take us up I don't think.

Decent performances? Much in the same way poor performances at times made them think he should be sacked.

Two performances?

Just for the record I'm not against GB or for him at the moment, in fairness I haven't seen the team live at Ewood for over a season now so I can't put myself in a position to judge.

However, the question of people changing their minds seems to have been formed over two decent results, if people are changing their minds after two performances how long until it's changed again? Tea time Saturday?

It may be an appropriate question at the end of May and our season is over, perhaps off the back of 5 straight wins and a continuation of the form shown over the last two games, but now? No, I don't think so.

• Backroom

I changed to keep for now because rovers have an outside chance of the play-offs, come the summer though bin him wether we go up or not!!

Christ, that's as bad as people who slag off education atmo.

'Our kids are stupid, they'll never get As!'

When they all work really hard and get As, you then go 'Ah, proof! They're getting easier!'

Why would you sack someone for proving you wrong in a way that should make you feel brilliant?

If by some masterstroke, Bowyer got the club promoted then he would've earned the right to continue at the helm. It's not like the experienced manager argument would become any less applicable to Venky's. Knowing them, they'd be straight on the phone to Brunei.

Two performances?

Just for the record I'm not against GB or for him at the moment, in fairness I haven't seen the team live at Ewood for over a season now so I can't put myself in a position to judge.

However, the question of people changing their minds seems to have been formed over two decent results, if people are changing their minds after two performances how long until it's changed again? Tea time Saturday?

It may be an appropriate question at the end of May and our season is over, perhaps off the back of 5 straight wins and a continuation of the form shown over the last two games, but now? No, I don't think so.

Having attended all seven fixtures since the Bournemouth game I would say that the Millwall game is the only one that can't be classed as a decent performance, and in fairness we were starting to get on top in that one before Hanley was dismissed. To be fair ada some people do change there mind on the manager be it after two good or two bad results, such is the nature of modern day football.

Edit - I use the Bournemouth game as a marker because that was about the time this thread was formed and the majority of peoples opinions of GB came to the fore.

Archived