BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Back Or Sack?

Guest Wen Y Hu

Back Or Sack  

394 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer continue as manager of Blackburn Rovers?

• No, he should be sacked immediately.
    • Yes, but replace him at the end of the season.
    • Yes, but give him to the end of the season and then review his position.
    • Yes, he should receive full backing to manage next season.
    • I'm not sure.

Bowyer has earned the right to carry on with the rebuild.

We've come an awful long way in the last 12 months.

Last nights game highlighted that, not just for the performance, but a chance to see a team (QPR) of overpaid has beens with frighteningly little passion.

Keane in on loan for the season, a right back in the Spurr mould and another striker, whilst keeping the core of the current team would give us a great chance next year.

Last night also taught me that Redknapp, whilst being a big name at this level, looked about as interested as his players. I think he'll walk if they don't go up this season.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not one to refuse to give someone credit because of my overall opinion of them, and Bowyer has achieved 2 good wins against decent sides. We even have a small shot at the play-offs now. But consistency is key and we'll need to get to 70 points as an absolute minimum, even then I expect Brighton and Bournemouth will have too much. And the air of shocked celebration at 2 wins in a row to me highlights just how inconsistent we've been this season and it would be an even bigger shock if that changed now.

I always bring up where we'd have finished last season without Berg/Appleton (play-offs easy) because I just don't buy this picture that Bowyer has improved us. 70 points would just about convince me I might be wrong. Anything less and personally I still want him gone in the summer.

I'm not one to refuse to give someone credit because of my overall opinion of them

I know it's not a popular opinion because he's homegrown but I'm not just being churlish, I genuinely feel that the praise he is getting for last night is as a result of the halo effect. The team pressed high up the pitch and made it really hard for QPR. Although their only really interested player seemed to be Hoilett. Lowe did not (and does not) press or tackle.

To be honest, my timing was off but I was asked my opinion directly and responded. Plus Bowyer wound me up with his eagerness to talk up (his own selection of) Lowe.

I presume Lowe will be ever present in the run in but who will make way? Evans? A 'tired' Williamson, no doubt, maybe with a 'slight knock' for good measure.

Think Bowyer should definitely be in charge for next season - seems to be learning about playing further up the pitch and splitting the central midfielders. A touch more solidity at the back and confidence in central midfield and it looks promising - though the level of performance must be maintained even if results don't always follow...

Good effort last night but I fully expect the same line up to sit back on Saturday from the off and invite Weds to be all over us. There is nothing to suggest it won't happen, going off previous this season.

problem is klc 2012, when he comes up against a problem or a manager with more experience and nous he doesn't have the answers. last night QPR were a shambles and we cosily got 2 nil up. So whilst we did play well his tactical nous didn't get challenged (like it did when McClaren ran rings round him in 2nd half at ewood).

Harry couldn't be arsed last night and didnt play a striker from the start- whilst having 3 on the bench and no subs till almost 70 mins gone!!

He struggles to respond when teams change their tactics and shape during the course of a game

problem is klc 2012, when he comes up against a problem or a manager with more experience and nous he doesn't have the answers. last night QPR were a shambles and we cosily got 2 nil up. So whilst we did play well his tactical nous didn't get challenged (like it did when McClaren ran rings round him in 2nd half at ewood).

Harry couldn't be arsed last night and didnt play a striker from the start- whilst having 3 on the bench and no subs till almost 70 mins gone!!

He struggles to respond when teams change their tactics and shape during the course of a game

Please name a manager in all four divisions with more experience than Harry redknapp.

I have changed my vote to give him till the end of the season, might as well get behind him for now, rovers still wont go up and even if they do I think it would be best to bring in a proven manager if they are in the premier league to give them the best chance of surviving.

Have you seen their squad? They should be nailed on for automatic promotion, Redknapp has been terrible for them. They've been shocking for a few months now.

Not arguing your points, just that given QPRs position they only need a couple of wins to guarantee a play-off place, and wont catch Burnley now.

Id still swap their position for ours, wouldnt you?

Sad Kean that I am, I have just checked.Not close at all( but thanks for your politeness!).I think he started at Bournemouth 8 or 9 years before Sam started at Blackpool!

He's miles in front of Sam in overall managerial experience but I was really thinking premier league when I made my post .

My main concern in getting rid of Bowyer is the potential impact on the squad. At the moment it looks promising for next season - but how would a new manager view the current squad ? Would he want to dismantle it and start again ? I think Redknapp shows what can happen even with an experienced manager. He has to deliver next season - there will be no room for excuses then.

My main concern in getting rid of Bowyer is the potential impact on the squad. At the moment it looks promising for next season - but how would a new manager view the current squad ? Would he want to dismantle it and start again ? I think Redknapp shows what can happen even with an experienced manager. He has to deliver next season - there will be no room for excuses then.

They will end up in the play-offs so promotion this season may not be out of the window yet.

Point I was making was that last night he wasn't challenged as we got into a comfortable lead and Redknapp didn't try to change anything tactically until 70 mins.If he had switched his system and personnel once we went 2 up that's when I think GB struggles to work it out. When we played Derby, McClaren changed everything in search of an equaliser, targeted our full backs and we had no answers.

Just my observations that's all

Point I was making was that last night he wasn't challenged as we got into a comfortable lead and Redknapp didn't try to change anything tactically until 70 mins.If he had switched his system and personnel once we went 2 up that's when I think GB struggles to work it out. When we played Derby, McClaren changed everything in search of an equaliser, targeted our full backs and we had no answers.

Just my observations that's all

I would agree with that - though at times this season (because of injuries) we haven't necessarily had the right players on the bench to react. However - and nobody seems to give GB credit for this - if the opposition are changing tactics it must mean that GBs starting tactics are better than the opposition manager. Reacting during a match is hit and miss even for the best managers.

Archived