BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Back Or Sack?

Guest Wen Y Hu

Back Or Sack  

394 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer continue as manager of Blackburn Rovers?

• No, he should be sacked immediately.
    • Yes, but replace him at the end of the season.
    • Yes, but give him to the end of the season and then review his position.
    • Yes, he should receive full backing to manage next season.
    • I'm not sure.

I'd like to see a D.O.F somebody in the mould if Venables, Hoddle, Souness, an old head that's experienced success and you could call a football man. Give Bowyer a chance under them. Then if it doesn't work I'd feel much more confident of a good D.O.F finding a good managerial replacement.

I personally think we have been extremely unlucky with Injurys. Just look at what avoiding Injurys and having a consistent side throughout the season can do- Burnley.

Robinson, Henley, Kane, Hanley, Marshall, King, Cairney, Evans, Williamson spring to mid as noteable absentees. Losing King and Marshall when the were in superb form really knocked the stuffing out of us. It's just been an unfortunate season in many respects. Bowyers negativity concerns me a bit though.. Especially considering how poor we are defensively.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bowyers negativity concerns me a bit though.. Especially considering how poor we are defensively.

Allardyce's negativity concerned lots of 'experts' on here too..... even though it was known that his instruction from the board was a simple "Don't let us get relegated whilst we are for sale".

Allardyce's negativity concerned lots of 'experts' on here too..... even though it was known that his instruction from the board was a simple "Don't let us get relegated whilst we are for sale".

You are trying to compare Bowyer with Allardyce?

My mind probably resembles opinion on this board in that I'm 50/50 on bowyer.. And have changed my mind umpteen times since the Leeds game earlier this year; but here's my view..

Positives

- assembled a young team

- strong team spirit we've not seen since allardyce team

- at times we can play some really good stuff, that we've not seen in a few years

- very good in the transfer window (Cairney / Gestede / Marshall / Evans / Conway / kilgallon / spurr)

Negatives

- not learning from mistakes ie Cairney out wide

- tactics during a game

One of the differences this year compared to last year is we've looked quite strong in the majority of games (at home at least)

The Cairney out wide is an interesting one - personally I agree with you - but when you watch the match he very rarely stays out wide when we have the ball - and seems to have license to roam. The big question - could he play as part of a midfield central two - or do we need to play three central midfield players to give him more license in the attacking third ? At some point Bowyer will have to try him in a midfield two - or play him in a midfield three - with two advanced wide men - but then that has tended to leave Rhodes isolated - oh to be a manager :-)

The Cairney out wide is an interesting one - personally I agree with you - but when you watch the match he very rarely stays out wide when we have the ball - and seems to have license to roam. The big question - could he play as part of a midfield central two - or do we need to play three central midfield players to give him more license in the attacking third ? At some point Bowyer will have to try him in a midfield two - or play him in a midfield three - with two advanced wide men - but then that has tended to leave Rhodes isolated - oh to be a manager :-)

His roaming leaves our right flank exposed. I wish he would play evans and cairney as a two, king right, conway left with dunn in the hole.

His roaming leaves our right flank exposed. I wish he would play evans and cairney as a two, king right, conway left with dunn in the hole.

This is why I wonder whether a middle three is best suited for Cairney - not necessarily with Cairney in the hole. Personally - I would like to see us play with two attacking wingers playing more in the final third making a 3 man attack - with three (including Cairney) in midfield. The only problem is Rhodes - when the wingers are pushed back into midfield to be more defensive - you need a central striker who can hold the ball up while the players break.

This is why I wonder whether a middle three is best suited for Cairney - not necessarily with Cairney in the hole. Personally - I would like to see us play with two attacking wingers playing more in the final third making a 3 man attack - with three (including Cairney) in midfield. The only problem is Rhodes - when the wingers are pushed back into midfield to be more defensive - you need a central striker who can hold the ball up while the players break.

Like mourinho used too? To be fair with a sitter behind them evans and cairney could help protect the flanks allowing the wingers to not come too deep. But the wide men would need to be quick.

I personally think we have been extremely unlucky with Injurys. Just look at what avoiding Injurys and having a consistent side throughout the season can do- Burnley.

Maybe we need to get in a proper fitness trainer. Someone who knows what he or she is doing.

How about it Majiball? Could you get us fitter and less injury-prone?

• Backroom

My mind probably resembles opinion on this board in that I'm 50/50 on bowyer.. And have changed my mind umpteen times since the Leeds game earlier this year; but here's my view..

Positives

- assembled a young team

- strong team spirit we've not seen since allardyce team

- at times we can play some really good stuff, that we've not seen in a few years

- very good in the transfer window (Cairney / Gestede / Marshall / Evans / Conway / kilgallon / spurr)

Negatives

- not learning from mistakes ie Cairney out wide

- tactics during a game

One of the differences this year compared to last year is we've looked quite strong in the majority of games (at home at least)

I don't particularly think we've looked stronger at home myself

Maybe we need to get in a proper fitness trainer. Someone who knows what he or she is doing.

How about it Majiball? Could you get us fitter and less injury-prone?

Imagine someone that could get Dunn fit.

A magician perhaps?

Against Watford, it was when King came on and Cairney moved inside that Watford gained room down their left side. To me Cairney gets more space out wide. At times when he is in the middle he gets crowded out too easily.

I too think this would be a good option, but that would need dropping Rhodes and playing Gestede as lone striker which worked against City at home in the cup.

Against Watford, it was when King came on and Cairney moved inside that Watford gained room down their left side. To me Cairney gets more space out wide. At times when he is in the middle he gets crowded out too easily.

I too think this would be a good option, but that would need dropping Rhodes and playing Gestede as lone striker which worked against City at home in the cup.

If Dunn in dunn, then next year the idea of the three in the middle appeals as DMTP suggests. We're never finding a player of the same quality as dunn with the £5.62 we'll have as a transfer budget next season. I don't rate Lowe or Williamson as an enforcer but we could surely pick one up from somewhere?

NEW

Evans Cairney

King Conway

Rhodes

Hopefully then with the 3 central and pace out wide we can play a bit more and not be so direct, but even if we are to be direct play to the wide areas and we have decent pace there to regain possession.

If Dunn in dunn, then next year the idea of the three in the middle appeals as DMTP suggests. We're never finding a player of the same quality as dunn with the £5.62 we'll have as a transfer budget next season. I don't rate Lowe or Williamson as an enforcer but we could surely pick one up from somewhere?

NEW

Evans Cairney

King Conway

Rhodes

Hopefully then with the 3 central and pace out wide we can play a bit more and not be so direct, but even if we are to be direct play to the wide areas and we have decent pace there to regain possession.

Bearing in mind we'll probably have less than £5.62 to spend, I suspect the 3rd midfielder will probably be the mystery midfielder who got a few minutes today. Was he a trialist?

We will also have Ben Marshall back as well.

NEW

Evans Cairney

King Conway

Rhodes

Isn't direct play to the wide areas a diagonal pass?

I'd like to see a D.O.F somebody in the mould if Venables, Hoddle, Souness, an old head that's experienced success and you could call a football man. Give Bowyer a chance under them. Then if it doesn't work I'd feel much more confident of a good D.O.F finding a good managerial replacement.

Robinson, Henley, Kane, Hanley, Marshall, King, Cairney, Evans, Williamson spring to mid as noteable absentees. Losing King and Marshall when the were in superb form really knocked the stuffing out of us. It's just been an unfortunate season in many respects. Bowyers negativity concerns me a bit though.. Especially considering how poor we are defensively.

We have kept 13 clean sheets this season, 7th highest in the championship, so not sure how we are so poor defensively?

Brighton - 18

Qpr - 17

Boro - 16

Burnley - 15

Leicester - 14

Wigan- 14

Rovers - 13

Edit - Although in the last few games we have been, Overall throughout the season though not to bad.

Archived