BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Back Or Sack?

Guest Wen Y Hu

Back Or Sack  

394 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer continue as manager of Blackburn Rovers?

• No, he should be sacked immediately.
    • Yes, but replace him at the end of the season.
    • Yes, but give him to the end of the season and then review his position.
    • Yes, he should receive full backing to manage next season.
    • I'm not sure.

Just to clarify the BOI funding. I do not think that the facility has been cut but rather it is at a new level that will not support losses at a level made in earlier years. Hope this makes sense.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re Kamy's comments on funding.

Any business or individual can negotiate/obtain a credit facility. You therefore have this in place but it does not necessarily mean that you use it in full.

Edit(In reply to mercer, did quote but didn't happen perhaps ignore?)

So more decisions at the hands of people proven inept. Is this something you want? I can't understand how a Rovers fan could.

I apologise for any offence caused by recent insinuations. Fully retracted. In any case, it's still a questionable stance you take - particularly concerning "I think" suggestions involving aspects of running the club that would only be know to people within the inner sanctum.

Again- this is issue I have had for some time. I appreciate some posters may see it as adding discussion but to me it's the opposite; if so called "facts" or opinions are based on vivid here say or wild speculations.

If it's substantiated fair enough, but it never is. For example; if cost cutting is needed, how can changing a manager (at cost of new staff inc coaches, new signings, etc) be conducive?

It's precisely the opposite. If cost cutting by 18m must take place, nothing changes except big earners leave with mutual pay offs and any valuable players are hocked.

Being seen to be cutting costs can it not be a way of pocketing the money for oneself with genuine reasons like FFP cited to the fan base.

Changing the manger surely allows or supports further player trafficing.

Guest Wen Y Hu

/chaddytranslator on/

Chaddy desperately hopes Vs will continue to fund us.

Chaddy has no inside info re funding.

Chaddy seeks confirmation of whether a comment is an expression of opinion or fact.

/chaddytranslator off/

Chaddy, take it easy. Keep up the support of the Rovers but remember that people have very good and very real reason to be concerned about the club and to be critical about how it is run.

Re Kamy's comments on funding.

Any business or individual can negotiate/obtain a credit facility. You therefore have this in place but it does not necessarily mean that you use it in full.

Will be honest and say I don't understand finance to well so can't really comment, but what I do know is that Venky's have a fantastic relationship with BOI due to them using them for all of their business banking and investments. I said back in November that they wouldn't put us in administration in March, mainly because the consistent thing coming out of Pune has been that they have had a committed budget for this season which would ensure that the club would be fine until the end of the season and that they would sit down with the club executive in May and decide the budget for next season at that meeting, no decisions would be made before this meeting.

Guest Wen Y Hu

Good to see Jbizzle has the balls to apologise and Mercerman has the good grace to accept and move on. Thanks, guys, it is much appreciated.

Kamy - V's may have a good relationship with BOI but in industry/commerce things can change very quickly. For example, how many foresaw the demise of Polly Peck back in 1990. More recently, look at the near collapse of the banking industry in 2008 and Co-op Bank's recently reported losses of £1.3billion.

Lending institutions are generally now more circumspect and you simply don't lend money because you might have good security. If as a lender you have to rely upon the security then you have failed in your decision making and management.

Without being party to the relationship between bank of India and venky's you have to wonder what the bank will be thinking

If this is a revolving facility, are assets being used to underwrite it? You look at income, then you see the costs, you see a massive gap that has perhaps narrowed somewhat but is still horrendous. You then look at the balance sheet and you wonder if it's a joke. If I was them I'd be wanting security.

I'm wondering howuch your average indiam bankanager knows about English football. I hope he's getting tp see the full picture.

I reckon if the club still banked with Barclays they'd habe been big trouble by now

For me Bryan is bang on the money with his post. A good relationship should not cloud financial judgement. Either the Raos are putting up very substantial security or the BOI will eventually say enough is enough.

Without being party to the relationship between bank of India and venky's you have to wonder what the bank will be thinking

If this is a revolving facility, are assets being used to underwrite it? You look at income, then you see the costs, you see a massive gap that has perhaps narrowed somewhat but is still horrendous. You then look at the balance sheet and you wonder if it's a joke. If I was them I'd be wanting security.

I'm wondering howuch your average indiam bankanager knows about English football. I hope he's getting tp see the full picture.

I reckon if the club still banked with Barclays they'd habe been big trouble by now

Seem to remember a podcast a few months ago saying security was Barry White's land in India?

Can't really argue with the recent posts and will we ever truly know what the situation is with the Bank of India.?

What we do know is that Rovers is just one of a large number of subsidiaries in their Group but I doubt any are losing money at the rate the Football Club is. You would imagine that our funding is part of an overall facility made available to the whole group so the problem may not be with the Bank who might be happy with security and also the overall trading position of VH Group but if that is the case then you would also think shareholders might have something to say about this cash drain.

That suggests that it is Barry White who is pawn broking it (as LV suggests) but it brings us all back to the same question- what are they still doing here and why? It makes no sense and makes even less sense now than it did when they first arrived. They cannot be getting any brand advantage and they continue to lose money ie it is still going on and shows little sign of abating form horrendous levels. FFP stifles their ability to keep throwing cash at it even if they wanted to though FFP doesn't stop them losing fortunes. We are a Championship side for yet another year so whats in it for them???

Those that think we will spend and add to our squad in the Summer might be in for a shock and I don't get why we think next year represents a bigger chance to get promoted than this one.

We look set for £25million losses this year to June 2014 and next year can't be much better with another £8m of parachute money falling away.

That boys is why there is so much concern because logically (nothing logical about this lot I admit) it could but most likely wont continue to go on indefinitely.

Even a loon like Balaji won't go on for ever chucking cash at a basket case.

sack at the end of the season. but as always the replacement terrifies me.

You cant just say sack a man who's given nine years good service to the club who knows the club inside out.

This kind of thinking right now just further weakens the club as a whole, working together to improve results has to be the way forward by restructuring roles with a new leader maybe but not sacking.

You cant just say sack a man who's given nine years good service to the club who knows the club inside out.

This kind of thinking right now just further weakens the club as a whole, working together to improve results has to be the way forward by restructuring roles with a new leader maybe but not sacking.

Sack as in remove from managers position. maybe hastily worded. I have no problem with the chap but we need a manager not a coach.

I would happily keep him on board in the coaching staff.

Do you really think Bowyer would accept going back to being first team coach or something? IMO, Very unlikely. why would he? he could get a manager job at league 1 or another mid table championship club.

for me, stick with him. done a very good job so far.

a question to the people/fans who want Bowyer out. if Venkys appoint Coyle or Mowbray as his replacement, would you be happy then with that choice of manager? just a question.

I defo wouldnt. Coyle failed in his last two jobs. same with Mowbray.

Coyle would be a disaster.

If there's anyone out there willing to come who would be affordable and has the tactical nous to set the team up better than Bowyer and has the necessary motivational skills, then let's have him.

But as already pointed out, Venky's haven't made a decent decision yet. It doesn't matter what we think.

defo dont think Bowyer lacks the motivatational skills at all.

for me, i am hoping Venkys dont start listening to these daft advisors/agents again. would be a step back in the wrong direction for a club that has move forward and made alot of progress this season.

In other words Chaddy we are at the mercy of capricious owners who could appoint anyone they liked irrespective of what we think.

All is not rosy in the garden is it?

That's not unique to Blackburn Rovers. I don't know of any club owner who consults the fans about who they appoint as manager. Bottom line is they pay the bills, they own the club, they choose it's employees. As supporters our only choice is to support the club or not.

If Bowyer is sacked, make no mistake there will be a long queue of credible candidates willing to give it a go regardless of the reputation of our owners. Chaddy mentions Coyle and Mowbray - we can do much better than that!

The big risk is to do nothing fearing that no one better than Bowyer will be appointed. That should not be an argument put forward otherwise the alternative is to accept so called 'stability' which in essence means, as we have seen for much of the season, mediocrity.

Will Shelfy and the V's make the 'right' appointment? Personally, I would taker the risk as I have seen nothing from Bowyer to suggest that he is the inspirational, charismatic, tactically aware manager to take us back to the PL.

go on then who are these Credible candidates then?

and how do you know that these managers are interested in the Rovers job?

Why wreck the good work that Bowyer has done in building a good squad that will get us challenging for promotion next season. im very positive that we will be top 6 for sure

go on then who are these Credible candidates then?

and how do you know that these managers are interested in the Rovers job?

Why wreck the good work that Bowyer has done in building a good squad that will get us challenging for promotion next season. im very positive that we will be top 6 for sure

Good squad ? only in chaddy world it is.

Lets start with the keepers Rovers must have two of the worst backup keepers in this league. Moving onto the fullbacks hold on ............lets not go any further shall we..........

Archived