BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Back Or Sack?

Guest Wen Y Hu

Back Or Sack  

394 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer continue as manager of Blackburn Rovers?

• No, he should be sacked immediately.
    • Yes, but replace him at the end of the season.
    • Yes, but give him to the end of the season and then review his position.
    • Yes, he should receive full backing to manage next season.
    • I'm not sure.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few have advocated that Bowyer needs tactical help.

If he does then he's not the man for Rovers.

Does Jose need tactical back-up?!?!

What a stupid comparison.

Can someone explain to me why every time i log on here it seems like a Chaddy witch hunt? What has the bloke done that so many people feel the need to interrogate him so often? I understand he often posts opinion as fact and that seems to irk a good few people. I also understand he has an unwavering support of Bowyer. Maybe its just me, but sometimes it feels like the bloke gets dug out for being a little over enthusiastic about the club. Are these big crimes?

Forming a posse is a favourite pastime on here.

The quality of posting recently has sharply declined. Have noticed a lot of puerile and pathetic backbiting between members old enough to know better. Something the new regime should be clamping down on, imo.

Who are these proven managers who would come here then?

An easy retort, and one which people have answered many times.

IIRC you had a stab yourself on the new manager thread last week.

Yoda is right, you dont know until you start looking.

Its too late for this season now, but i imagine if todays sources had said a top 10 finish was our ambition at the start of the season people wouldnt have been so welcoming this season. I'd have suggested a top 10 finish would have been an ambition for Yeovil or Bournemouth.

Mick Phelan on the bench with Bowyer, help with the tactics/subs.

Now that might work !

Would impress the Rao's too, former Man Utd assistant manager, problem is he might be after GB's job

after a while.

That's not a problem. Keeps the manager on his toes.

Wouldn't want to disappoint you,

Maybe you could ask admin to create a dislike button,

Majiball's question is still valid and Chaddy's answer is inadequate

Chaddy's answers are always inadequate.

If you were a top manager with a proven pedigree would you be interested in managing Rovers?

I know I wouldn't.

I definitely would if the money was right, especially if I'd been out of work a while.

Gary Bowyer has a fantastic job !

Brilliant training facilities, great stadium, and owners 5000 miles away.

It doesn't get much better than that IMO.

Oh I nearly forgot, If you make a balls of it you can always blame the crazy owners, and no one

will hold it against you for CV purposes, nice pay-offs too !!

I'm sure Abbey appreciates you fighting his corner. But by all accounts, he should have it covered.

He can't. He's been banned by the thought police.

as for this topic though,

I think with everything that bowyer has had to deal with on and off the pitch during his time as manager and yet he's still managed to get us pushing for the playoff spots instead of fighting against relegation, id be more than content to see him given more time to see if he can get us to step up another gear next season, but if we're not firmly placed in the playoff spots buy Christmas then he has to go(but only if he's going to be replaced with a proven manager!)

A thought for those who think Bowyer should be given a shot until at least next Christmas.

If it's still not working, pre season will have gone, the summer transfer window will have gone, the budget might have gone and more importantly, next season might well have gone. We saw this last season when Kean departed just prior to the Charlton match - the rest of the season was utterly shambolic.

A new man must be given the best possible chance and that means having a full pre season and control of the summer transfer window and the budget.

It's a huge call for the V's particularly as some think they might only give it one more season. If I was drinking in the last chance saloon, I would want someone better than Bowyer with me. That is why the V's must bite the bullet and I think they will.

A thought for those who think Bowyer should be given a shot until at least next Christmas.

If it's still not working, pre season will have gone, the summer transfer window will have gone, the budget might have gone and more importantly, next season might well have gone. We saw this last season when Kean departed just prior to the Charlton match - the rest of the season was utterly shambolic.

A new man must be given the best possible chance and that means having a full pre season and control of the summer transfer window and the budget.

It's a huge call for the V's particularly as some think they might only give it one more season. If I was drinking in the last chance saloon, I would want someone better than Bowyer with me. That is why the V's must bite the bullet and I think they will.

Step forward some new Michael Appleton! He had the necessary experience remember and seemingly for many on here thats all one needs.

That is in spite of the likes of Mr Experience himself 'Arry', and the likes of the experienced Davis, Freedman, Holloway, MrDermott etc etc all doing poorly. I bet that lot have had the services of a half decent keeper all season too! Just reckon up how many points Keane and Eastwood spewed between them!

Stop this stupid bloody witchhunt cant you? Bowyer's had lots of problems this season foreseen and unforseen both on and off the pitch, our squad is one of the youngest in the Division (take out Dunny and Robbo and I understand it is the youngest) and until that bloody 95th minute goal we would have been up there with teams managed by the likes of Adkins, McArthy and Howe! It's not like we are fighting relegation is it?

tbh I quite like the look of our current squad and if we can fight off the financial storm and start with the one of similar strength next season then I am quite optimistic. These kids will have learnt a lot.

The legacy of the Walker years is not pretty to see.... a support base that a. never learns and b. appears to have developed the persona of a spoilt brat. We needed KMD to spend Jacks money and attract top players.... sorry guys but those days like Jacks money are long gone.

Still not making any sense on a football level. Cutting costs and replacing staff does not go together. If GB is potted, the only way decent replacements can be sought is with offer of wages or signings- neither conducive to this cost cutting which has to "force our hands"

You may believe many managers would come, and if funding and squad movement is available I would agree- however it is unlikely managers will come with restrictions. Why would anyone throw a reputation away with their hands tied behind their backs?

The icing on the cake for your sentiment is you chose a manager with zero experience of managing at this league. Not what I'd call arming yourself for "last chance saloon"..

Step forward some new Michael Appleton! He had the necessary experience remember and seemingly for many on here thats all one needs.

That is in spite of the likes of Mr Experience himself 'Arry', and the likes of the experienced Davis, Freedman, Holloway, MrDermott etc etc all doing poorly. I bet that lot have had a half decent keeper all season too!

Stop this stupid bloody witchhunt cant you? Bowyer's had lots of problems this season foreseen and unforseen both on and off the pitch, our squad is one of the youngest in the Division (take out Dunny and Robbo and I understand it is the youngest) and until that bloody 95th minute goal we would have been up there with teams managed by the likes of Adkins, McArthy and Howe! It's not like we are fighting relegation is it?

The legacy of the Walker years is not pretty to see.... a support base that a. never learns and b. appears to have developed the persona of a spoilt brat. We needed KMD to spend Jacks money and attract top players.... sorry guys but those days are gone.

Nail. Hit. Head.

Archived