BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Back Or Sack?

Guest Wen Y Hu

Back Or Sack  

394 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer continue as manager of Blackburn Rovers?

• No, he should be sacked immediately.
    • Yes, but replace him at the end of the season.
    • Yes, but give him to the end of the season and then review his position.
    • Yes, he should receive full backing to manage next season.
    • I'm not sure.

Chaddy how do you know these managers are not interested in the job? Have you spoken to them yourself? (That must be the most juvenile comment ever!)

But here's a few: Grayson, McInnis, Mackay, McNamara, Houghton. You could also throw in some names like Warnock, Jones, Davies McLeish as well. Now I'm not 100% sold on all of those names, especially in the second list, but then I've not the time and duty as the club has to investigate, interview and analyse each manager to see if their positives outweigh the negatives. But it shows the fallacy of no one being available for Rovers.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

still waiting for this list of managers you have Said would be interest in the Rovers manager job if available. who are they? how do you know they are interest in the job? have you spoken to them yourself?

Bowyer has made some excellent signings and a few poor signings just like every manager does.

Have you asked them if they won't ?

Ignore button time again .

Chaddy how do you know these managers are not interested in the job? Have you spoken to them yourself? (That must be the most juvenile comment ever!)

But here's a few: Grayson, McInnis, Mackay, McNamara, Houghton. You could also throw in some names like Warnock, Jones, Davies McLeish as well. Now I'm not 100% sold on all of those names, especially in the second list, but then I've not the time and duty as the club has to investigate, interview and analyse each manager to see if their positives outweigh the negatives. But it shows the fallacy of no one being available for Rovers.

all I have done is ask Mercerman a few questions about his info? thats is all.

Derek McInnes? FFS. Massive failed at Bristol City 2 seasons ago.

Chris Hughton? maybe

McNamara? dont know enough about him.

Mackay cant take a job yet. still in dispute with Cardiff about his payoff.

Chaddy - have to agree with all the replies to your comments.

Until you ask you will never know and Rovers wont need to ask many as there will be a queue stretching down Nuttall Street.

Gav, you are right about Pulis and I dare say he would have come given the excellent facilities that Rovers offer.

An experienced, savvy manager who ticked all the right boxes. Exactly what was needed.

Chaddy - have to agree with all the replies to your comments.

Until you ask you will never know and Rovers wont need to ask many as there will be a queue stretching down Nuttall Street.

so basically you dont honestly who would be interest at all then..

can I ask why you would go for Stuart McCall as your choice? i dont know alot about managerial career.

Chaddy - I am not going to get into any infantile discussions about who might know this, who might know that, who might be interested, who might not be interested etc.

All I will say, there will be no shortage of credible candidates and if Rovers do not already have a Plan B in mind (shortlist) should they sack Bowyer then I would be very surprised.

As for Stuart McCall, do your own research and look at his achievements at Motherwell. He would be on my shortlist.

Chaddy - I am not going to get into any infantile discussions about who might know this, who might know that, who might be interested, who might not be interested etc.

All I will say, there will be no shortage of credible candidates and if Rovers do not already have a Plan B in mind (shortlist) should they sack Bowyer then I would be very surprised.

As for Stuart McCall, do your own research and look at his achievements at Motherwell. He would be on my shortlist.

Plan B ? ha ha that's a good one, you kill me with laughter!! :)

still waiting for this list of managers you have Said would be interest in the Rovers manager job if available. who are they? how do you know they are interest in the job? have you spoken to them yourself?

Bowyer has made some excellent signings and a few poor signings just like every manager does.

Every manager? Kean?

You make it sound like all managers are the same. In which case why is Bowyer special to you?

some good points made there Dingles staying down 4ever. disagree with the Bowyer view you have but we will have to agree to disagree.

but the fitness side is a problem and the amount of injuries we get as a club. would like to see Bowyer address this.

When he decides to talk to Majiball, he might resolve the issues

• Moderation Lead

I really want Bowyer to succeed, but he doesn't appear to be learning from his mistakes, and people can look at the injuries thing however they wish, fair enough some like Marshall's were avoidable, but there's no smoke without fire and if things on the fitness and conditioning side were different, would we really have had THIS many?

As much as Shaw is a clown, he does have experience of running a football club and appointing managers, so presumably he has contacts, we'll never know who we can get unless we ask!

Plus, if we do indeed have the 'stability' everyone keeps harping on about, then surely this would make Rovers a more attractive proposition to potential managers?

Surely the fact we have no money has enormously strengthened bowyers position. I am sure he will be going into the boardroom and saying he has improved the clubs league position and cut the wage bill by 50%. Alongside that he has signed Cairney, Evans, Conway, Gestede, Marshall all of whom look to be gaining substantial value.

After kean, Appleton, berg, shebby etc sincerely doubt Vebkys will want to roll the dice again.

He is staying. New manager would only make sense if we back him with significant cash. That isn't going to happen.

dingles staying down 4ever - your comments about the timing and appointment of Souness are spot on.

Could a new man with no intimate knowledge on the squad wheel and deal effectively in close season - not too sure about that.

Certainly, replacing Bowyer at Christmas, if he isn't cutting the mustard, would very likely guarantee a fourth season in the Championship.

Not easy decisions but you have to be brave, bold and go with your gut feel - unfortunately, the V's and Shelfy are lacking here.

We are not yet GUARANTEED a third.

Could be wrong but wasn't Parkes given the job full time after Kidd left but Souness brought in Feburary after as it was not working? He did do a fine job before the money after SAxton.departed though.

Few wanted Souness because of his stint at Liverpool but he came in and did a great job. He spent the rest of the season assessing his squad and then started rebuilding in the summer. Many wanted him out after poor performances in that end of season but he knew what he was doing.

dingles staying down 4ever - your comments about the timing and appointment of Souness are spot on.

Unbelievable how poor some peoples memories are! Great job my backside! Souness was good until we won the Worthington Cup, after that he was bloody awful and left us with one of the weakest squads that we have had during the Walker Years. If he had not been poached by NUFC he'd have been sacked within a few weeks. He was lucky to inherit the 'crown jewels' of Duff, Dunn and Jansen and he also brought in two legends in the shape of Tugay and Friedal. On the debit side he signed Grabbi, Gresko, Amoruso and Ferguson and fell out with more than enough through a flawed personality.

btw dingles etc........ Tony Parkes has only ever been a caretaker manager and has never been appointed as full time BRFC manager.

Chaddy, Phili is hardly likely to want to divulge how he came across this information.

You need to accept that on most occasions, information like this is passed on 'in confidence' and those 'confidences' shouldn't be betrayed.

Chaddy, If folk with any info were happy to share with this MB where it had come from, don't you think they would be saying !?!?

You are seeking to compromise them and it doesn't work.

We all know where you stand on Bowyer, for whatever reason only known to you, and I hope he delivers this season.

Archived