BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Back Or Sack?

Guest Wen Y Hu

Back Or Sack  

394 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer continue as manager of Blackburn Rovers?

• No, he should be sacked immediately.
    • Yes, but replace him at the end of the season.
    • Yes, but give him to the end of the season and then review his position.
    • Yes, he should receive full backing to manage next season.
    • I'm not sure.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Usual manager speak when teams are trying to get to the playoffs is that the players mustn't get carried away. Well he got that right today, they certainly did not get carried away.

To me the Rovers players played like a team who thought they blew it last week and just did not want to be there. The manager did not lift the team today, he has to take the blame.

We've been close quite a few times this season and even showed against the top teams that we are(and bloody should be) there, and there abouts. Mr Negative and his love for Willowe and lack of tactical nous has cost us dearly. It will be exactly the same next season with Lowe as captain I reckon. On a side note, when a player has been injured this season Bowyer usually puts the returning player on the bench. However when Lowe came back he goes straight in...

Well if Forest beat Brum tomorrow and Watford beat Ipswich, his top 10 finish could be under threat,

he may be wishing he'd gone all out for the win after all.

That would be ironic, if he was sacked for not finishing 10th.

Sounds like Bowyer has spoken like an idiot on radio. He does sound like Kean these days.

Well he couldn't come on and say "I was terrified to lose against lowly Yeovil at home so played it safe to keep my job which is more important than taking a risk and trying to gain promotion."

We've been close quite a few times this season and even showed against the top teams that we are(and bloody should be) there, and there abouts. Mr Negative and his love for Willowe and lack of tactical nous has cost us dearly. It will be exactly the same next season with Lowe as captain I reckon. On a side note, when a player has been injured this season Bowyer usually puts the returning player on the bench. However when Lowe came back he goes straight in...

Spot on. Just watching Derby makes me think what we could do with a management team who know what they are doing.

nil nil at home to cannon fodder would have any actual manager fuming that's as bad as a defeat

'cannon fodder'? There isn't any cannon fodder in the championship. How many times have I said this league is dog eat dog? Yeovil have in the last month drawn against Bournemouth at home and Leicester, Reading and Wigan away. We are in good company. Unfortunately today the rover's players imo came out imo believing that the match was a formality and played on the back foot from the off simply 'waiting' for something to happen when instead they needed to be on the front foot 'making' it happen. Sickens me to view the table and think about where the 4 points lost this week and last would have placed us. However I've played in amateur games like this where decent teams collectively underestimate lowly opposition from the kick off. When that happens it's very difficult for the team to 'up' the performance.

Bowyer needs to have a look at the 31000 seater stadium, the facilities at Brockhall, the Premier league trophy at Ewood and the Carling cup. He needs to look at the list of "Most successful clubs in England" where he'll find Rovers at number 12.

Then he needs to honestly ask himself, "should I be happy aiming for a top 10 second tier finish for this club?"

Quickly followed by "Given that we are safe from relegation, but have an outside chance of a play off place, should I think a point is worth protecting against the side at the bottom of the league?"

and finally think, "if the team I support did that, would I be frustrated?"

'cannon fodder'? There isn't any cannon fodder in the championship. How many times have I said this league is dog eat dog? Yeovil have in the last month drawn against Bournemouth at home and Leicester, Reading and Wigan away. We are in good company. Unfortunately today the rover's players imo came out imo believing that the match was a formality and played on the back foot from the off simply 'waiting' for something to happen when instead they needed to be on the front foot 'making' it happen. Sickens me to view the table and think about where the 4 points lost this week and last would have placed us. However I've played in amateur games like this where decent teams collectively underestimate lowly opposition from the kick off. When that happens it's very difficult for the team to 'up' the performance.

A voice of reason, in a week that saw city draw with the bottom club, Everton lose at home to palace Bournemouth lose at home to Sheff weds and so on....but surely it can't happen to us! Get a grip!

Playing teams in relegation trouble is as tough as playing a top team, yes we were poor today but the player's take most of the blame imo.

A voice of reason, in a week that saw city draw with the bottom club, Everton lose at home to palace Bournemouth lose at home to Sheff weds and so on....but surely it can't happen to us! Get a grip!

Playing teams in relegation trouble is as tough as playing a top team, yes we were poor today but the player's take most of the blame imo.

Disagree Doug, GB takes the blame, that's why he's paid. It's not just today either. GB is a youth team coach.

Teams on "a run" should fear no-one. Liverpool are on fire. We were at home, needing to win against the bottom club, and didn't - where does the desire lie? First half Yeovil outplayed us. Second half we only came to life in the last 20 mins. Why did GB set up a defensive team in the first place? Should have intimidated them from the off! Get King, Dunny on at the start, just press them......but no, the team that surrendered last week! He hates change!

3 wins out of 12 is appalling for a team on a so-called promotion push. All this repeated crap about the shackles being off and demanding reactions to previously bad results is getting a bit tedious and dare I say it VERY KEAN ERA!

Stability was okay for this season, but please not next or we'll be in a relegation fight as I doubt the league as a whole will be as bad next season and we'll get murdered by any team that fronts up.

Mighty disappointing week but reading around this board tonight I cant believe how many people must be really suited that Lowe's shot hit the post and didn't go in.

How have you come to that conclusion, the vast majority are disappointed we did not win

Archived