BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Back Or Sack?

Guest Wen Y Hu

Back Or Sack  

394 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer continue as manager of Blackburn Rovers?

• No, he should be sacked immediately.
    • Yes, but replace him at the end of the season.
    • Yes, but give him to the end of the season and then review his position.
    • Yes, he should receive full backing to manage next season.
    • I'm not sure.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not a manager or more accurately never going to be a successful manager...........what has lowe got on him and what the hell has he got against attacking promoting from within almost never works. 4 years since we had an actual bona fide manager unreal

Bowyer says that at the end of the season that it may be a big point. That's comment has to be as bad as anything that Kean ever came out with. Also the term blind faith must have been crated for Bowyer in regards to Lowe, how he gets picked every game when available without fail I really do find staggering.

After that today and he's bigging 9 unbeaten

He takes more positives than Kean out of games.

I believe though that our previous good performances and results over the last month were due to fortunate circumstances and not Bowyer because I believe that it was due to the fact that Lowe was out of the team and if he had been fit I am certain that Bowyer would have played him and results and performances would not have been as good.

nil nil at home to cannon fodder would have any actual manager fuming that's as bad as a defeat

I totally agree, he and his coaching staff have had a week yes a week to train and pick a team to beat the bottom of the league, the result tells us that at best he and his coaching team are not good enough even for the reserves. he is so negative starts with holding midfielder's against a dog @#/? team. Roverandout, its not the Rao's that will send the fans away, its Bowyer.

He does himself no favours when he play Cairney wide in a position in which I have seen him only have one good game in. He is a central midfielder and probably our best one so why he is behind Lowe and Williamson in that position is beyond me, he should be playing central and a natural winger like Taylor or King should play out on the wing.

Bowyer wants the advantages that come with playing Cairney but doesn't trust him in his natural position. :blink:

His loss aversion is the root of why we keep seeing this infamous pairing in midfield.

I was pretty resigned after today's match. Despite Yeovil being bottom of the league and the players seemingly sent out not to lose, rather than trying to win. Despite almost every other result being perfect for us - and we knew this was possible at half time - meaning that we had a real chance if we went for it. Nothing to lose and everything to gain, but ultimately more of the same disappointment - Bournemouth all over again. No width, no apparent ability to change tactics. But ultimately resignation.

Except...

WARNING: IF YOU ARE OF A SENSITIVE DISPOSITION SCROLL PAST THE REST OF THIS POST

/RANT ON

I've just listened to Bowyer on Radio Rovers, on the way home, and I am FURIOUS.

- The other results today aren't an opportunity missed, they are an example of how there are no easy games in this league (despite Yeovil being rock bottom)

- Yeovil are a difficult team (cliché, no they aren't)

- Another point gained, 9 games unbeaten (read: take the positives)

- We are still in the play-off hunt (are you keaning kidding me?)

- Fans just need to get behind the team (like mental idiots, clapping at nothing)

- If fans are with me great, if they aren't [he doesn't care] (read: some of the fans can understand what we are trying to do here)

- Fans need to remember the last three years (as if we could forget) - nearly relegated, relegated, nearly relegated (read: the fans need to get real)

- Towards the end wanted to ensure we didn't lose

- Getting mad at the Radio Rovers interviewer because he was questioning him

(Even the usually glass-overflowing RR commentators were exasperated - and that's saying something)

Not learning. Losing the plot, fast. Kean-esque in his comments, Keegan-esque in his ranting (but aimed squarely at any fans who doubt him) and the pressure is getting to him.

No tactical awareness, no imagination, no ideas.

Worst of all he won't admit he makes any mistakes, and instead blames the fans.

What is going to change next season? By the looks of it, it will be more of the same but with fewer fans. He had a real opportunity today to make one last push, but instead it was 'business as usual'.

If he can't motivate them to victory in circumstances like today, what chance does he have over a 46 game season?

We must be the only club in the league with owners and a manager involved 'because we can't expect any better'.

/RANT OFF

If he can't motivate them to victory in circumstances like today, what chance does he have over a 46 game season?

Nevermind that, what chance would he have in the play-offs? If today was an example of a cup-final, I think we know the answer.

If there's one thing that should've been learned after the last 3 years it's that the bridges between the club and fans that were burned during the Kean/Agnew/Anderson era needed rebuilding.

Sounds like Bowyer isn't too fussed about all that and is in full self preservation mode. He's got a nice cushy gig at Ewood and the recent comparisons with Kean on here might not be too far fetched judging by recent interviews.

Another go at fans after the game and came very very close to hammering the fans where he bit his tongue .

I don't agree with him mentioning fans negatively - managers shouldn't do it. Big Sam overstepped the mark t'uther week in my eyes even though his team where winning when they got booed. In my humble opinion though(and I'm allowed to say this as a fan); the crowd was awful today. I am not saying I don't expect or understand it, but I certainly don't agree with it. I heard booing in the 23rd minute in the Riverside for christ sake. New levels of idiocy in my eyes that. I also had to endure a fan (who hasn't been in that seat all season) constantly berating the manager for every loose pass, every opportunity to shoot when they passed and typically every other mistake. It's a @#/? team sport, blame the player responsible if your gonna moan (which I constantly do)

The nerve this fan had to say "the worst I've ever seen" makes my skin crawl, and he was obviously not around for last season or the season and a half before. I suspect many fans are of this ilk - and I've said it once before - the fact we ARE disappointed when this inconsistent set of inexperienced @#/?s don't perform shows how far we have come in 12 short months. Disagree with me all you like, the table doesn't lie, and if the improvement next season involves winning games like todays - then we will be higher up.

If you can't beat the team bottom of the league then you really should be worried for your job!

Queue Chaddy to come on and tell us everything is fine and rosy

Must say this brings me on to my next point perfectly. Never underestimate a team fighting for their lives. Especially an over performing park team 3 divisions above their level like Yeovil. Also - going by your post Nigel Pearson, Eddie Howe and Uwe Rosler must be pretty worried about losing their jobs after results in the last month.

Avoiding adding another bullying insult to the growing list of childish jibes aimed at a Chaddy, I'm not going to tell you everythings rosy. Things are far from that. We could/should be nearer the promotion places. Things are also a long way away from the land of Jerome and club legends leaving under a cloud to be replaced by dross or the potential of another relegation (12 short months ago?)

Try to take pro's and con's from every situation and you'll learn more.

I'm telling you Abbs, he's turning into another Kean.

Short memory - simple as.

Kean was the single worst manager the club will ever have.

To compare the two is a disservice to reality, never mind GB.

I was pretty resigned after today's match. Despite Yeovil being bottom of the league and the players seemingly sent out not to lose, rather than trying to win. Despite almost every other result being perfect for us - and we knew this was possible at half time - meaning that we had a real chance if we went for it. Nothing to lose and everything to gain, but ultimately more of the same disappointment - Bournemouth all over again. No width, no apparent ability to change tactics. But ultimately resignation.

Except...

WARNING: IF YOU ARE OF A SENSITIVE DISPOSITION SCROLL PAST THE REST OF THIS POST

/RANT ON

I've just listened to Bowyer on Radio Rovers, on the way home, and I am FURIOUS.

- The other results today aren't an opportunity missed, they are an example of how there are no easy games in this league (despite Yeovil being rock bottom)

- Yeovil are a difficult team (cliché, no they aren't)

- Another point gained, 9 games unbeaten (read: take the positives)

- We are still in the play-off hunt (are you keaning kidding me?)

- Fans just need to get behind the team (like mental idiots, clapping at nothing)

- If fans are with me great, if they aren't [he doesn't care] (read: some of the fans can understand what we are trying to do here)

- Fans need to remember the last three years (as if we could forget) - nearly relegated, relegated, nearly relegated (read: the fans need to get real)

- Towards the end wanted to ensure we didn't lose

- Getting mad at the Radio Rovers interviewer because he was questioning him

(Even the usually glass-overflowing RR commentators were exasperated - and that's saying something)

Not learning. Losing the plot, fast. Kean-esque in his comments, Keegan-esque in his ranting (but aimed squarely at any fans who doubt him) and the pressure is getting to him.

No tactical awareness, no imagination, no ideas.

Worst of all he won't admit he makes any mistakes, and instead blames the fans.

What is going to change next season? By the looks of it, it will be more of the same but with fewer fans. He had a real opportunity today to make one last push, but instead it was 'business as usual'.

We must be the only club in the league with owners and a manager involved 'because we can't expect any better'.

/RANT OFF

Never spin a coin with Stuart. It's only landing on one side!

Very poor performance by the players today, particularly cairney,Rhodes and, of course Williamson as always. Pity lowes shot didn't go in as that might have produced a better game.

Awful subs today, Rhodes and cairney should have been off as we were so predictable. King should have gone right wing and left Conway lw.

We struggle with 442 against 451 all the time, we could have tried a 352 for the last 25 mins.

Anyway, that's footy for you! Playing bottom of the league at this stage of the season is never easy....ask City!

Roll on next season!

Kean me, it's Rhodes fault again.

4-4-2 can work but we need a better midfield to use it. Williamson was and is the only real tackler in our midfield. Evans had his chance to stamp his authority on CM when he came in for Lowe's move to RB, and he blew it big time.

Playing Cairney out wide is completely pointless and meant we had no right wing. He could have played King there but instead he took off Conway and stuck with the same tactics - which weren't working. He seems to like to have his wingers on their 'wrong side' forcing them to come inside but, as someone else said, this makes us too narrow and makes it easy to stiffle our attacks. Better teams than Yeovil will attach and leave more space. Poorer teams will stay in their own half and play on the break. A decent manager would use this his advantage.

I heard booing in the 23rd minute in the Riverside for christ sake.

I think you need to qualify that. There was all sorts of booing in the first half, mainly at the referee.

He seems to like to have his wingers on their 'wrong side' forcing them to come inside but, as someone else said, this makes us too narrow and makes it easy to stiffle our attacks.

Wasn't Smallardyce keen on this? Could be Bowyer's picked up some nasty habits while at Brockhall.

Never spin a coin with Stuart. It's only landing on one side!

What are you after, a fickle viewpoint, or just a random one?

What positives do you genuinely take from today. In the context of the opposition, the value of those three points - given the opportunity other results presented, and the performance.

Be honest now. Put the crib sheet down.

Hadn't voted on this. I'm now in the "sack" camp. I truly cannot understand how anyone can believe Bowyer can get this club promoted.

Since Christmas we have thrown away chance after chance to get in the play offs. If we'd taken them all we'd probably be up there challenging for 2nd or 3rd - haven't worked that out though.

Bowyer needs to go - soon.

As for him and Robbo on RR, words fail me.

Playing Cairney out wide is completely pointless and meant we had no right wing.

Cherry picking yet from what I saw he played pretty much free role for 90 minutes. He also looked completely disinterested, passing shocking and always backwards or sideways. Compare that to the player cutting inside and beating players earlier in the season and it's not simply down to positionally.

Saying this, pointless debate - you alread stated "GB cannot work with quality" so its hard to expect any of our better players to play well for him...

What are you after, a fickle viewpoint, or just a random one?

What positives do you genuinely take from today. In the context of the opposition, the value of those three points - given the opportunity other results presented, and the performance.

Be honest now. Put the crib sheet down.

Clean sheet. We either get one end right or the other at present. Can you spell INCONSISTENT!

Cherry picking yet from what I saw he played pretty much free role for 90 minutes. He also looked completely disinterested, passing shocking and always backwards or sideways. Compare that to the player cutting inside and beating players earlier in the season and it's not simply down to positionally.

So if Cairney is playing poorly and disinterested out of position in the right wing why the hell does he keep putting him there or picking him? I don't mind Bowyer making mistakes. Making the same ones again and again and again is different.

Everyone agrees you can't play Lowe and Williamson together in the middle. It didn't work early in the season. It didn't work around Christmas/New Year. Suddenly he's back doing it again. Stupidity.

So if Cairney is playing poorly and disinterested out of position in the right wing why the hell does he keep putting him there or picking him? I don't mind Bowyer making mistakes. Making the same ones again and again and again is different.

Read the post. This is the position he created goals from and looked good in earlier in the season. Hence the point.

Read the post. This is the position he created goals from and looked good in earlier in the season. Hence the point.

I did read the post. If Cairney was playing well there earlier in the season, and now he's a liability there then why does 'Gaz' keep picking him. Either motivate him, move him inside or drop him. Don't do the same again, and again, and again, and again and expect a different result.

Archived