BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Back Or Sack?

Guest Wen Y Hu

Back Or Sack  

394 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer continue as manager of Blackburn Rovers?

• No, he should be sacked immediately.
    • Yes, but replace him at the end of the season.
    • Yes, but give him to the end of the season and then review his position.
    • Yes, he should receive full backing to manage next season.
    • I'm not sure.

'cannon fodder'? There isn't any cannon fodder in the championship. How many times have I said this league is dog eat dog? Yeovil have in the last month drawn against Bournemouth at home and Leicester, Reading and Wigan away. We are in good company. Unfortunately today the rover's players imo came out imo believing that the match was a formality and played on the back foot from the off simply 'waiting' for something to happen when instead they needed to be on the front foot 'making' it happen. Sickens me to view the table and think about where the 4 points lost this week and last would have placed us. However I've played in amateur games like this where decent teams collectively underestimate lowly opposition from the kick off. When that happens it's very difficult for the team to 'up' the performance.

Totally agree, and whilst you can definitely level some blame at the players, it is the managers role to make sure they are up for it. Its those games in which a good manager earns their money. Is it a personality thing with Bowyer? He comes across as downbeat to me, I just cant see him instilling the players with drive in a pre-game team talk.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was very disappointed that Bowyer decided to focus on "moaning fans" in his Radio Rovers interview as that was the kind of thing Kean did and that is something that the media will use to beat Rovers fans with, I have already seen one "Bowyer slams Blackburn Boo Boys" headline. He did clarify at his presser with the written press that he meant to say that he wanted a positive atmosphere but understood fans have a right to boo but the damage had already been done as media will pick and choose quotes that will suit their agenda.

Fans have a right to boo the team if the performance is as pathetic as it was today. I hope that he learns from this and focuses on the teams performance rather than the fans.

Mighty disappointing week but reading around this board tonight I cant believe how many people must be really suited that Lowe's shot hit the post and didn't go in.

Wasnt there but are we surprised it hit the post. How many games now has he played for that one goal, a good goal at that, but one solitary goal in over a hundred games that aint going to get the team or any team for that matter very far.

What an inept performance we witnessed at Ewood today I place this match along with the Charlton and Bournemouth games as the worst of the season as for Bowyers opinions regarding the reaction of some of the fans what does he expect when they are served with this dross.

Mighty disappointing week but reading around this board tonight I cant believe how many people must be really suited that Lowe's shot hit the post and didn't go in.

Help------Ewood Spark's hacked Theno's account!

Allardyce is a very good tactician who got the best from a limited set of players. You are probably just being purposely provocative again but theres no comparison.

Your man-crush aside, you don't think it's reasonable that Bowyer would've been influenced by managers he's served under during his time here?

He is a proven good manager and has proven to be able to improve the clubs fortunes. Your "man crush" Rochina has not proven himself as anything other than an extravagant liability with no end product.

He may have but I doubt he spoke much to Allardyce. He doesn't seem to be able to replicate skills such as excellent set pieces, organisation and getting the best from players.

Other than "better the devil you know" It's becoming increasingly difficult to put forward a coherent case for retaining GB as manager imo. I really can't see that we're making any significant progress on the pitch and given that we're short on natural talent in the squad we need to make the most of what little we have especially with finances due to be decimated still further next season.

Imo we need a manager who'll:

- play to Rhodes strengths (if he's still here next season)

- channel the play through Rochina (especially with Dunn past his sell by date)

- put the accomplished Cairney in central midfield and take him off the wing where he s completely wasted. We have a decent wide right player in Taylor imo who GB signed and won't use seemingly.

- remove Lowe from central midfield where he is like a fish on a bike and put him at his better position of RB.

- stop playing players on the wrong sides/position.

I'm not convinced GB will do any of these things next season so at present I can see little hope for improvement on what has been imo another exceedingly disappointing campaign given the pool of players and resources at our disposal compared to our rivals.

Your man-crush aside, you don't think it's reasonable that Bowyer would've been influenced by managers he's served under during his time here?

I don't know why but Kean and Ince immediately sprang to mind when I read that.

Is it any coincidence that when Bowyer's team fails he criticises the fans has started since the Venky loving Director of Communications has started?

I know think he has been coached to deflect criticism by blaming a set of fans already tarnished, especially in the eyes of Raos, by a previous manager and his media cronies, including our new Director of Comms.

Where is our free wifi anyway?

Going onto Bowyer, I can't believe he grasps that the fans want a team and manager who appear committed to trying to win a game of football rather than 'Not to lose one.' Yesterday there was never any danager of losing so why not take a risk. With 30 minutes to play he could quite easily gone 3 at the back and gone for it. It could be argued with the players available it could have suited the players better but no. Lets keep the imbalanced team, add to it by moving your right sided player more central and take off your only natural winger.

But lets look positive.....at least we didn't get beat by the bottom of the table.

I'll keep believing Gary!

Dingles he has a track record of blaming others, This was even before Myers arrived.

Yesterday we were n't good enough to ask questions of the ref never mind Yeovil.

Who else to blame then. Certainly not himself and his lack of motivational skills.

It deflects from him having to front up to players who were satisfied to deliver him and the paying customers another no show.

Dingles he has a track record of blaming others, This was even before Myers arrived.

Yesterday we were n't good enough to ask questions of the ref never mind Yeovil.

Who else to blame then. Certainly not himself and his lack of motivational skills.

It deflects from him having to front up to players who were satisfied to deliver him and the paying customers another no show.

I know his track record wass to blame officials but of late it seems to have moved onto fans.

This way it saves him money from paying the fines.

Other than "better the devil you know" It's becoming increasingly difficult to put forward a coherent case for retaining GB as manager imo. I really can't see that we're making any significant progress on the pitch and given that we're short on natural talent in the squad we need to make the most of what little we have especially with finances due to be decimated still further next season.

Imo we need a manager who'll:

- play to Rhodes strengths (if he's still here next season)

- channel the play through Rochina (especially with Dunn past his sell by date)

- put the accomplished Cairney in central midfield and take him off the wing where he s completely wasted. We have a decent wide right player in Taylor imo who GB signed and won't use seemingly.

- remove Lowe from central midfield where he is like a fish on a bike and put him at his better position of RB.

- stop playing players on the wrong sides/position.

I'm not convinced GB will do any of these things next season so at present I can see little hope for improvement on what has been imo another exceedingly disappointing campaign given the pool of players and resources at our disposal compared to our rivals.

You had me at 'Other than "better the devil you know" '

Even the venky puppet mg toad blamed fans for the slumdogs not turning up yesterday and showing their true colours . Alls that matters is team venkys is publicised and f all things rovers . We are just an advertising tool to them . Nothing else .

Even the venky puppet mg toad blamed fans for the slumdogs not turning up yesterday and showing their true colours . Alls that matters is team venkys is publicised and f all things rovers . We are just an advertising tool to them . Nothing else .

And yet still we have many who cannot see this.

The club is ruined and will remain so with these Idiots in charge, and we will not progress on or off the pitch until this cancer is removed.

• Backroom

For the record I think yesterday was a turning point for some

Heard far more grumbles in the crowd about the manager than before and this is before the tragic interviews

Bit ironic you accusing another poster of having a man-crush given your hero worship of Souness.

How have you come to that conclusion, the vast majority are disappointed we did not win

Intuition, insight and most of all experience of this mboard. :tu:

Totally agree, and whilst you can definitely level some blame at the players, it is the managers role to make sure they are up for it. Its those games in which a good manager earns their money. Is it a personality thing with Bowyer? He comes across as downbeat to me, I just cant see him instilling the players with drive in a pre-game team talk.

No idea Baz. I've never either met or spoken with Bowyer.

It would interesting to see those people saying that this squad was no-where near good enough for play-offs are saying now.

You can't now say we have a squad that should be in the playoffs and not give bowyer credit for the signings.

I do think bowyer has earnt the right to start a new season with his refreshed team.

I also don't think that we could trust Venkys to bring the right person in even if he was sacked (Sherwood anyone?)

It is however frustrating because we could quite easily have made it into the top6 this season.

Wasnt there but are we surprised it hit the post. How many games now has he played for that one goal, a good goal at that, but one solitary goal in over a hundred games that aint going to get the team or any team for that matter very far.

Kinell! "Wasn't there". You are hardly in a position to make such churlish comments then are you? Never mind how many matches he's played. How many posts have you made and your opinion still reflects much ignorance of football.

No direct comparison here but have you ever considered that Claude Makele must have been sh1t too cos he made almost 350 appearences as a defensive midfielder for 3 teams with fantastic players at fantastic teams who would have dominated play and possession in most matches they played namely Real, Chelsea and PSG...... and he only score 4! Now consider that Keith Andrews has scored about 40 and Danny Murphy 60. Nobby Stiles scored just 20 in over 400 matches and he's got a World Cup winners medal on his mantelpiece.

Now carry on digging Jal.

What an inept performance we witnessed at Ewood today I place this match along with the Charlton and Bournemouth games as the worst of the season as for Bowyers opinions regarding the reaction of some of the fans what does he expect when they are served with this dross.

You make a sort of point and I agree with the adjective 'inept' ... that is until you consider the previous home match just a few days ago.

Archived