BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Back Or Sack?

Guest Wen Y Hu

Back Or Sack  

394 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer continue as manager of Blackburn Rovers?

• No, he should be sacked immediately.
    • Yes, but replace him at the end of the season.
    • Yes, but give him to the end of the season and then review his position.
    • Yes, he should receive full backing to manage next season.
    • I'm not sure.

Mercerman, Fans/People will trust ITK people if the info has proven track record of being correct most of the time like Kamy, Cryer, Nixon, Mani, Makey11.

not sure about your info. but I judge on whether it is correct or not. didn't you say our FD started on Monday or last Monday. in fact he started on the 17th of March. also you said Rhodes would be off last summer to Wee Bolton who manager Freedman has failed there massively this season and lower than us in the table. but I will be fair to you that your info were correct about new FD and DoC Coming in. so fair play to you.

we have to agree to disagree on Bowyer.

hope you are at Ewood Park tomorrow supporting the team. COYB!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chaddy, just try and chill a bit. Get less hung-up on who said what, who's right, who's wrong.

Once read this which is very appropriate "Remember that all truth are half truths. The glass can be half empty or half full. One perspective is only half the truth. When you can see things one way as well as the opposite, you have full perspective and total truth".

No I wont be there tomorrow. Good Friday is a family day for us. Once upon a time, we would all have been at Ewood. Unfortunately, those days have gone for the moment.

yep bullshit

I need to clarify my point, whilst venkys are still here nothing has changed, they are still a cancerous tumour that need to be removed, a top 10 finish in the championship doesn't wipe away all the damage they have done. It will take them a lifetime of penance to wipe away all that, I wont forgive them or forget what they have done, they have taken away any enjoyment that I once had attending rovers matches, I haven't been to ewood for a couple of seasons and I wont go again until they have done one.

Unbelievable how poor some peoples memories are! Great job my backside! Souness was good until we won the Worthington Cup, after that he was bloody awful and left us with one of the weakest squads that we have had during the Walker Years. If he had not been poached by NUFC he'd have been sacked within a few weeks. He was lucky to inherit the 'crown jewels' of Duff, Dunn and Jansen and he also brought in two legends in the shape of Tugay and Friedal. On the debit side he signed Grabbi, Gresko, Amoruso and Ferguson and fell out with more than enough through a flawed personality.

btw dingles etc........ Tony Parkes has only ever been a caretaker manager and has never been appointed as full time BRFC manager.

My memory is bad because if it was not for Souness arriving the crown jewels were not playing. The big money signings were usually a failure but his cheaper signings were usually good. Most managers have a shelf life and Souness certainly had reached the end of his at Ewood and you are right he was about to e sacked . Theno would you deem his time at Ewood a success or failure? Good times or failure? The squad he left us with was no weaker than the one he inherited.

He got us promoted in his first attempt playing great football, are you telling me Bowyer is going to do that?

100% agree riverside. Now we will find out if Bowyer has prowess in the transfer market if he can persuade a real general to join us.

He should have Best's money to play with as he will not be here any longer plus one or two others such as Campbell hopefully as well.

yep bullshit

I need to clarify my point, whilst venkys are still here nothing has changed, they are still a cancerous tumour that need to be removed, a top 10 finish in the championship doesn't wipe away all the damage they have done. It will take them a lifetime of penance to wipe away all that, I wont forgive them or forget what they have done, they have taken away any enjoyment that I once had attending rovers matches, I haven't been to ewood for a couple of seasons and I wont go again until they have done one.

A good post for Good Friday!

yep bullshit

A good post for Good Friday!

And a perfect name for the poster.... Although I'm not sure his next sentence reflects your comparison Leonard.

Not to mention a convenient excuse for going to the Trafford centre with er indoors. ;)

Well roverandout you certainly are!!! football fans come and go, supporters stay through thick and thin, I know, been there done it along with many others, yes our owners have not been the best and in that sense we are not alone, quite a few teams now with lets say strange owners, and I am sure similar posts to these on this board will be aired by many supporters/fans of other clubs on their boards, my philosophy is -- life is too short, i enjoy having a few beers and some banter on match day, you and others like you of course have your own opinions that's natural and I have no issue, but as sure as eggs is eggs (Easter pun :rover: ) we will be back, next year or the year after who knows, with the Rao's or without them only time will tell. 3pts today please

And a perfect name for the poster.... Although I'm not sure his next sentence reflects your comparison Leonard. Not to mention a convenient excuse for going to the Trafford centre with er indoors. ;)

Bloody hell Theno you're getting on my nerves. You famously announced that you were not attending Ewood anymore and playing golf on Saturday afternoons but you would go when you could scrounge a mate's season ticket. No way would you ever pay money which might help Venkys.

You berated everyone who didn't adopt the same stance as yourself. At a certain point this season you started to berate people who had adopted that same stance!

Bloody hell Theno you're getting on my nerves. You famously announced that you were not attending Ewood anymore and playing golf on Saturday afternoons but you would go when you could scrounge a mate's season ticket. No way would you ever pay money which might help Venkys.

You berated everyone who didn't adopt the same stance as yourself. At a certain point this season you started to berate people who had adopted that same stance!

Spot on 47er.

Free tickets are enough to sweep all those principles under the table!

Nice to see you (2) are paying attention. :tu:

I guess my feelings have changed now that the club has a 'cleaner' smell about it and the crooks have been cleared out. Anderson's gone, Keane's gone most of the dodgy imports have gone, Murphy's gone, the likes of Best and Campbell are out of my line of sight etc etc. I must say at that time I felt there were too many on the make / take (no one can deny that) and that the Venkymob were likely asset strippers.

btw Gav.... careful else I might recall a few posts you made about owners and managers about 4 years or more ago. You packed up with away travel first and then your ST back then if I rem correctly.... along with most of your BBe block. Something to do with the manager doing the job the board gave him to do. :rock:

• Backroom

He's not done himself any favours there a great chance to be real contenders and as close as an absolute gimme of a game and we didn't look like winning once

He does himself no favours when he play Cairney wide in a position in which I have seen him only have one good game in. He is a central midfielder and probably our best one so why he is behind Lowe and Williamson in that position is beyond me, he should be playing central and a natural winger like Taylor or King should play out on the wing.

Archived