BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Back Or Sack?

Guest Wen Y Hu

Back Or Sack  

394 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer continue as manager of Blackburn Rovers?

• No, he should be sacked immediately.
    • Yes, but replace him at the end of the season.
    • Yes, but give him to the end of the season and then review his position.
    • Yes, he should receive full backing to manage next season.
    • I'm not sure.

Kinell! "Wasn't there". You are hardly in a position to make such churlish comments then are you? Never mind how many matches he's played. How many posts have you made and your opinion still reflects much ignorance of football.

No direct comparison here but have you ever considered that Claude Makele must have been sh1t too cos he made almost 350 appearences as a defensive midfielder for 3 teams with fantastic players at fantastic teams who would have dominated play and possession in most matches they played namely Real, Chelsea and PSG...... and he only score 4! Now consider that Keith Andrews has scored about 40 and Danny Murphy 60. Nobby Stiles scored just 20 in over 400 matches and he's got a World Cup winners medal on his mantelpiece.

Now carry on digging Jal.

The ignorance is no goals scored in a full hour and a half of ones life at home to the worst team in the league.

When you've only scored one goal in over a hundred games its like watching paint dry after a while and then people stop going.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your man-crush aside, you don't think it's reasonable that Bowyer would've been influenced by managers he's served under during his time here?

I'd be very surprised if he hadn't. To a wise man life is a continual learning curve.

- stop playing players on the wrong sides/position.

That tactic had a certain amount of success earlier in the season when Bowyer switched wingers through a match.Since fitting Gestede is as support striker he's stopped doing that now for some reason which I cannot fathom.

Allardyce would have got the present squad , promoted!

Ha! Your namesake will be literally spinning in his Cambodian hammock! 'Lardarse' was the spawn of the Devil don't you know?

Even the venky puppet mg toad blamed fans for the slumdogs not turning up yesterday and showing their true colours . Alls that matters is team venkys is publicised and f all things rovers . We are just an advertising tool to them . Nothing else .

If that is the case then it's fine by me. Abscence added to continuing financial support is best for all concerned imo. What on earth do you want to see them in person for? Surely you haven't a man crush Abbs?

And yet still we have many who cannot see this.

The club is ruined and will remain so with these Idiots in charge, and we will not progress on or off the pitch until this cancer is removed.

I wanted that until we were relegated and we lost Prem income and then the 'cancer' became the umbilical cord. Once they are removed we will definitely not progress on the pitch.

For the record I think yesterday was a turning point for some

Heard far more grumbles in the crowd about the manager than before and this is before the tragic interviews

Haven't heard the interviews but I wonder if he's seen/heard signs that there is someone else lined up? Who knows promotion might have meant a new contract for him. Might explain things a little.

When you've only scored one goal in over a hundred games its like watching paint dry after a while and then people stop going.

Rubbish if only for the reasons and the midfielders that I named above. How many fans did Makelele lose for Chelsea?

Think Bowyers' tactics in the latter part of the game were all about self preservation - Robbo dressing-up as securing a point is moonshine (Yeovil were our opponents not Liverpool etc).

Can you imagine the ignominy of Bowyer trying to defend a defeat at home to the bottom club in the league to his 'Madame' in Pune.

Despite my misgivings about Bowyer's abilities as a football manager, I previously considered him to be a decent guy.

However, his recent criticism of fans (on more than one occasion), stream of illogical comments in post match interviews and his negative tactics have now led me to think that 'Gaz' is no 'saint' at all and perhaps, like many others, just hooked on the Rovers' gravy train.

I think he becomes more Keanesque by the day.

It really is time for change if our club is to have any hope of returning to the PL.

Think Bowyers' tactics in the latter part of the game were all about self preservation - Robbo dressing-up as securing a point is moonshine.

Can you imagine the ignominy of Bowyer trying to defend a defeat at home to the bottom club in the league to his 'Madame' in Pune.

Despite my misgivings about Bowyer's abilities as a football manager, I previously considered him to be a decent guy.

However, his recent criticism of fans (on more than one occasion), stream of illogical comments in post match interviews and his negative tactics have now led me to think that 'Gaz' is no 'saint' at all and perhaps, like many others, just hooked on the Rovers' gravy train.

It really is time for change if our club is to have any hope of returning to the PL.

This is the problem now, I've moaned about his short comings but remained behind him because I liked the guy. Not so sure now, funny how he's now confident enough to take on the fans but seemingly never grab his team by proverbials and give them a shake. Also this new found confidence after the owners have been ( to see the Queen) and publically had to hide. Almost the perfect time to have a go at the fans you could be cynical and say.

Think Bowyers' tactics in the latter part of the game were all about self preservation - Robbo dressing-up as securing a point is moonshine (Yeovil were our opponents not Liverpool etc).

I think he becomes more Keanesque by the day.

I suspect Bowyer may turn out to be worse than Kean as he has sold many more people this cock and bull story of bringing stability to the club.

He has managed to survive this long on bringing in decent players at the right price but is that him or agents just giving him the right names compared to the dud ones previous managers were given?

I think we are getting a bit far fatched now.

The guy has screwed up several time this season. Yesterday in particular and Bolton away but i think he is miles off being in the Kean mould.

Part of his problem is he is too honest and nice a guy.

Riverside67 - think the "too honest and nice a guy" is wrong.

He is not miles off the Kean mould - you only need to read his comments and listen to his interviews; the fallacies and excuses are mounting by the day.

He is not miles off the Kean mould - you only need to read his comments and listen to his interviews; the fallacies and excuses are mounting by the day.

Again to be fair, it is direct from the book of excuses from FA book of coaching

Other than "better the devil you know" It's becoming increasingly difficult to put forward a coherent case for retaining GB as manager imo. I really can't see that we're making any significant progress on the pitch and given that we're short on natural talent in the squad we need to make the most of what little we have especially with finances due to be decimated still further next season.

Imo we need a manager who'll:

- play to Rhodes strengths (if he's still here next season)

- channel the play through Rochina (especially with Dunn past his sell by date)

- put the accomplished Cairney in central midfield and take him off the wing where he s completely wasted. We have a decent wide right player in Taylor imo who GB signed and won't use seemingly.

- remove Lowe from central midfield where he is like a fish on a bike and put him at his better position of RB.

- stop playing players on the wrong sides/position.

I'm not convinced GB will do any of these things next season so at present I can see little hope for improvement on what has been imo another exceedingly disappointing campaign given the pool of players and resources at our disposal compared to our rivals.

I disagree with a couple of those.

Firstly playing through Rochina. Cairney and Gestede (who would be a player to play instead of Rochina) are both players who have proved that they are more than capable of creating chances for others, either through a good pass or in Gestede's case, a flick on or some good hold up play. Rochina refuses to be a team player and help his team mates, instead always choosing to over run the ball. There is no evidence that he is the missing piece of our team.

Taylor isn't very good either. We have Josh King who gives us something totally different ie pace and we have Ben Marshall coming back. Also I would like Alan Judge in the squad next season. Taylor is behind all of them for me.

Rochina needed a run of consecutive games with Rovers.

Yes he can be infuriating but undeniably the lad has talent that can excite and win games.

I thought Bowyer's strength was harnessing young talent !?!?

You contrast Rochina's lack of opportunities with those of Lowe who is an automatic selection. Lowe can run, run, run and run some more and that's about it - IMV, a running machine with neither brain nor talent.

Leon Best getting praised by the Sheff W boss, strange that he's not a trouble maker there and seems to be used as an impact sub , how we could do one of those. Best still seems pretty angry that he did not know the reason's why he wasn't getting a game here.

Which brings the question : can Bowyer not handle players with a bit of attitude? or was it purely down to appearance fees cause we are still paying a large percentage of his wages I would guess

The strange match analysis stuff is just run of the mill manager excuses imo. Most managers go in for it and it usually become more exaggerated the more the results don't happen.

Kean, on the other hand, was a complete reptile, part of the Anderson plot, dishonest to the power of 10 and arrogantly self promoting. Bowyer is none of those things.

I do believe Eddie Howe has some serious potential.. Think he could do a lot with the players we have..

For numerous reasons it won't happen of course!

According to some posters he may be sacked soon for only drawing against the bottom of the league...

If you compare GB with Kean- you have rejected sanity. One ex pro, 10+ years of coaching from a footy background who may or may not be a manager. The other a lieing toad who hoodwinked his way into power through planning and the correct agent who will NEVER be anything other than a bald drunk charlatan. Hatred is not enough of a word.

To breath them in the same sentence is defying reality and for every poster that has done it- you should be ashamed. Yes- shouldn't have said what he said, but flip side of coin too many fans chose to boo after less than 30 minutes. It's not conducive. I very much doubt that GB would have the audacity to say relegation is "taking a step back to take two forward" smiling a licking his lips 24 hours after we lost a 10 year top division status. Sickening.

The "better the devil" debate may be frustrating but it's still the case because I'd rather put my balls in a vice than see another rookie nobody in charge. We are good/bad constantly and it has to change. I don't buy that it's completely manager made- do you guys even take into account player contribution?

Week in week out we are inconsistent. Steve Kean had us consistently @#/? on a huge budget. The hangover still remains.

Leon Best getting praised by the Sheff W boss, strange that he's not a trouble maker there and seems to be used as an impact sub , how we could do one of those. Best still seems pretty angry that he did not know the reason's why he wasn't getting a game here.

Which brings the question : can Bowyer not handle players with a bit of attitude? or was it purely down to appearance fees cause we are still paying a large percentage of his wages I would guess

The issue here imho with Leon Best is that Rhodes place in the team is untouchable. If Best scored or had a good game he wasn't going to be selected the week after whilst Rhodes could sit on the centre circle for 90 mins and be automatic selection.

btw I couldn't help but notice JR 'skillfully' avoiding every aerial challenge that came his way yesterday as usual. Gestede flicks on and plays down long balls all afternoon for JR but when a chance comes to return the favour and play in Rudy he ducks out. Easy to see why some players get the hump.

According to some posters he may be sacked soon for only drawing against the bottom of the league...

If you compare GB with Kean- you have rejected sanity. One ex pro, 10+ years of coaching from a footy background who may or may not be a manager. The other a lieing toad who hoodwinked his way into power through planning and the correct agent who will NEVER be anything other than a bald drunk charlatan. Hatred is not enough of a word.

To breath them in the same sentence is defying reality and for every poster that has done it- you should be ashamed. Yes- shouldn't have said what he said, but flip side of coin too many fans chose to boo after less than 30 minutes. It's not conducive. I very much doubt that GB would have the audacity to say relegation is "taking a step back to take two forward" smiling a licking his lips 24 hours after we lost a 10 year top division status. Sickening.

The "better the devil" debate may be frustrating but it's still the case because I'd rather put my balls in a vice than see another rookie nobody in charge. We are good/bad constantly and it has to change. I don't buy that it's completely manager made- do you guys even take into account player contribution?

Week in week out we are inconsistent. Steve Kean had us consistently @#/? on a huge budget. The hangover still remains.

You really can't see the similarities?

Both are coaches who never dreamed of being offered a job of managing a club like BRFC, both seeing the opportunity of becoming multi millionnairres over night, both obviously knowing that their relationship with the owners is the most important part of staying in the job, both knowing that the best move for them was to hang in there as long as possible, both knowing that the owners aren't the brightest people ever to own a football club, both seeing the importance of talking to the owners through the press and both being very concerned about negative comments affecting their credibility in Pune - and obviously neither of them bothered if the fans are behind them or not.

That's admittedly a very harsh summing up, but I can see the similarities. It's not a great situation to be in, where the individual comes before the club.

You really can't see the similarities?

Both are coaches who never dreamed of being offered a job of managing a club like BRFC, both seeing the opportunity of becoming multi millionnairres over night, both obviously knowing that their relationship with the owners is the most important part of staying in the job, both knowing that the best move for them was to hang in there as long as possible, both knowing that the owners aren't the brightest people ever to own a football club, both seeing the importance of talking to the owners through the press and both being very concerned about negative comments affecting their credibility in Pune - and obviously neither of them bothered if the fans are behind them or not.

That's admittedly a very harsh summing up, but I can see the similarities. It's not a great situation to be in, where the individual comes before the club.

Do you have a solution den? Rolling 6 month contracts perhaps? Points targets?

Gord, I know you wouldn't like that post of mine, but I'm always honest and that's what I think. The bottom line is that the to and fro-ing between Ewood and Pune by Bowyer and Kean, the over cosy relationships, is bad for the club. Priorities become confused and the aim of winning every game possible gets lost in the mist.

As for your question - pardon? 😃

Gord, I know you wouldn't like that post of mine, but I'm always honest and that's what I think. The bottom line is that the to and fro-ing between Ewood and Pune by Bowyer and Kean, the over cosy relationships, is bad for the club. Priorities become confused and the aim of winning every game possible gets lost in the mist.

As for your question - pardon?

Didn't say I didn't like it. Nothing unusual or out of the ordinary though.

1. Going to Pune appears to be in the job description.

2. Doing ones job whilst paying lip service to employers is what most people have to do whether in football or not. The only ones in football who managed otherwise are Brian Clough and Billy Davies. :!:

3. Everybody has a duty to wife and family that has priority over everything else.

Archived